Snow Pic's

Not a great picture, (had to scale it down) but here's my car after I finished clearing it...

1.jpg

2.jpg

(No, its not an '08 Impreza, its a Civic B) )

I decided to give it a snow based mohawk (or a "Snow-hawk" as I've now dubbed it). Unfortunately the local roads are still covered in snow and, out of respect for the front splitter on my car, I'm driving nowhere at the moment. The day off is nice, but given that I'm self employed its a day without pay, which puts my Impreza purchase another day away...

PS: Thats the thickness of snow that I found on my car this morning - I haven't stacked it on there!

PPS: At no point was I foolish enough to allow the shovel to contact my car!

PPS: At no point was I foolish enough to allow the shovel to contact my car!

Really! You should try harder next time :wizard:

That's actually a respectable amount of snow for the UK! Don't often get much more than that in one sitting even over here in the Alps! Still, no excuse for a day off B)

Nice pics both of you, I have to admit thats a fair chunk of snow on the Civic and I really like what youve done with your classic tannan B)

However, at the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man! Do others not feel that the amount of coverage it got on the news was more than a little excessive?? Also the coverage shown on ITV in Trafalgar Square looked as though it had only got a dusting and as a result one of the biggest cities in Europe/the World was brought to a standstill. What a joke!

Rant over! :wizard:

Nice pics both of you, I have to admit thats a fair chunk of snow on the Civic and I really like what youve done with your classic tannan B)

However, at the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man! Do others not feel that the amount of coverage it got on the news was more than a little excessive?? Also the coverage shown on ITV in Trafalgar Square looked as though it had only got a dusting and as a result one of the biggest cities in Europe/the World was brought to a standstill. What a joke!

Rant over! :wizard:

Couldn't agree more! Tbtstt seems to have had a lot more snow than most of the pictures I've seen on TV! And even then, twice that amount of snow wouldn't make people blink over here! Amazingly though I haven't heard the most basic solution to the problem mentioned once in the press today - FIT WINTER TYRES!!!!

1 day...................maybe the UK will take your advice Al :rotfl: i give you 10 out of 10 for persistence :rotfl:

By the way how you doing, hope all is good B)

Eh up Markie! I'm good thanks - enjoying the ski season :lol: How's you and Lyn?

Yeah, one day people might listen! Though today would be a good day to raise my voice on the subject! :crying:

that is true :crying:

also , where are all the "global warming people"?....stood at the back of the room twiddling their thumbs and whistling to themselves :rotfl:

Think they fell off their bikes or still waiting for the bus! :wizard:

Couldn't agree more! Tbtstt seems to have had a lot more snow than most of the pictures I've seen on TV! And even then, twice that amount of snow wouldn't make people blink over here! Amazingly though I haven't heard the most basic solution to the problem mentioned once in the press today - FIT WINTER TYRES!!!!

Haha! Couldn't agree more. Half the problem is people see a bit of snow and panic. I popped down the local supermarket this afternoon and people are out buying 6 loaves of bread and 20 pints of milk... its a bit of snow everyone, not a nuclear friggin' winter!

That picture was taken at around 10 this morning; just went back out and took another 3 inches of snow off the roof again. The overall snow level seems to have dropped though, so I shall make a more dedicated attempt to get to work tomorrow!

Oh, and as an additional observation, most people really can't drive for sh*t in the snow can they?