The Bamboo Block Is Unleashed

Well with the all the things going on recently with my life(arrival of baby boy) and things not going to plan!

My car has finally had her full balls out map.

Mapped by Andy Forrest yesterday before Jimser and all was well and no major issues....as you may all know that there is always small/big issues before and during mapping.

The mappping session went great and a complete new fuel and boost map was acheived with only 1 issuse which was 1 of the 2 fuel pump was working because of electrical connection.

Low boost was mapped to 1.5 bar which was very fast at this stage of map.

High boost was mapped at 2.1 bar which is a knicker wetter and is a hand full on full boost.

2.1 bar of boost sounds like a jet engine and the harizon approaches very quickly

After the mapping session i discovered i had burst a CV gaitor and that was the end to the day.

Just need to move the air filter in to the passenger wing,re work the intercooler pipework and fit the oil cooler.

Andy's 4rse to seat power quotation(3 up and full weight newage STI) over 500bhp and over 500lb/ft of torque.

Roll on Sunday for the Crail thrash with The Barrhead Bomber

The Chinese Chocolate block 400 has been reborn as The Bamboo Block B)

And finally i would like to thank:

1.AndyF for his expertise and general good information.

2.Greersport for putting it all together and servicing and maintence.

3.Meercat for all the stainless steel fabrication.

4.Chy@Pennine for supplying the CDB 2.5L.

5.Jimser for the general good banter and getting me so parts and supplier.

6.The Greek Goddess for pushing me to destruction.

And final BIG THANKS to my wife Denise for letting me do this to my much loved chariot and for having the most beautifull baby boy.

see ya

Edited by fai 17

Really happy for you mate, glad its all coming together after this time. Sounds like a weapon!! :rotfl:

There's some of us scratching around with 300-odd bhp and then you boys come along with your big boostin' turbos and trick blocks and kick the ball out the park. B) Hat off to all you guys pushing the limits, I remember when people were aiming to smash the 350bhp barrier!! :rotfl:

Cheers,

Grant

Really happy for you mate, glad its all coming together after this time. Sounds like a weapon!! :rotfl:

There's some of us scratching around with 300-odd bhp and then you boys come along with your big boostin' turbos and trick blocks and kick the ball out the park. B) Hat off to all you guys pushing the limits, I remember when people were aiming to smash the 350bhp barrier!! :rotfl:

Cheers,

Grant

Ha yeah!

Hi mate never got a chance to talk to you in the restraunt on saturday night as you were busy just heard you saying it was getting mapped on monday,Thats some impressive figures it must be a handful on full boost.Am glad you've got her back on the road and it was good to actually see the car in the flesh and well if mines ever breaks badly(touch wood)a will be calling on your expertease and knowledge to build her stronger, faster,harder. B)

Great news Peter :rotfl:, hope it all goes real well on Sunday for ya, you do deserve an incident free run at it, goodluck mate B):rotfl:

Ps, i might pop over to see you on Sunday (seen as my car is back on the road, but not ready for racing yet)

Great result and i look forward to seeing it on sunday at crail.

I love how that it finished but for the previously mentioned to do list... Never ends mate!

Here is to this version staying on the road a lot longer than the last couple incarnations did.