Our Hot Hatch

Thanks Gents, too tired Al, been a long weekend ;)B)

Thoughts so far, collected the car on Friday, drove straight to the hotel near Silverstone, we were there with SIDC Sat & Sun, then home approx just over 300 miles in total

Driving position, superb, sat lower in the car than WR1, big improvement, classic owners will like this :cussing::D Obviously only driven steady at the moment, used mainly in the I mode, still feels gutless while running in, but fine for normal driving, & will save some V-Power :) used sport sharp a couple of times, a definite difference, you can switch over on the move and the car will accelerate without moving the throttle.

Feels surefooted on the road, a little light on initial turn into roundabouts, but it's fine, just a confidence thing with a new car & I prefer to the WR1

It's a lot easier to drive than the WR1, better gear change, easier to get off the line (not talking of F1 starts here, just normal driving) will be easier to live with on a day to day basis, better finished inside, plenty of storage space, apart from the boot which is definitly smaller, proved this Friday, had so much gear had to use the back seat, but then again the seats do fold :rotfl: even has a few gadgets, as I'm sure those who have read BMWwhere's thread will already know :rotfl:

Mind pulled up at Silverstone, said were with SIDC, the marshall looked twice, then decided to let us in :P:D

Will update later when I've had some sleep off tomorrow so will be polished and mudflaps fitted :rotfl:

Please try to keep this away from Lin :thumbup: i will be most greatfull :thumbup:

LOOKS :thumbup: love the black & gold theme, cant wait to see it for real :thumbup: try not to polish away :thumbup:

Mark & Lin

I can text the pics over to Lin if you want :thumbup:

Looks lovely Paul, i'm still waiting to see what else they bring out before i make my mind up

Had a day in the garage today, cleaned and polished, learned a couple of things, I was right, the wheels take ages to clean, now I'm 6 foot, but it's a reach to the middle of the roof, not a problem, but much shorter & you would need steps to wash the car :P

Mud flaps fitted, not too bad but it's a butt clenching moment when your removing the side skirt for the first time :rotfl::P

Intruduced it to the local V-Power shop, on the way home from Silverstone, approx 180 miles, it did about 25.5 MPG, not bad, engine still tight & although driving steady we were not travelling much different to normal at cruising speeds :o:P

Well pleased :D:banana:

DSC00348.jpg

Edited by Paul N
Must get the overlays done on the lights,

Forgot to post this, they are changing the O/S inner light, can't see it too well on the pic, but N/S is white for reverse, O/S is currently red, having a Jap spec O/S with a red LED for about £40

Yep, flaps on :banana: not sure on exhaust trim & if fitted you need to drill the bumper, think I'm going to give it a miss, or at least wait a bit :o

The car looks great :D and gost not a focus or a seat coment yet, :rotfl:

I wasn't sure about the Trims "if" I were to fit them I'd colour code them same as the Car reckon would look much better IMHO

Tony

The car looks great :o and gost not a focus or a seat coment yet, :rotfl:

I wasn't sure about the Trims "if" I were to fit them I'd colour code them same as the Car reckon would look much better IMHO

Tony

Been told Litchfields are having some carbon rear panels made to fit on the rear bumper underskirt................I don't want to see them :D