Tyres ?

Right folks the P1 is needing some new rubber, so wot i am thinking is Toyo proxy4's or t1r/s's or yokohama prada spec2's

has anyone got/using proxy4's or prada spec2's. i am a wee bit of a yokohama fan, but just not sure where to spend the wise old pennys ???

:)

Hi mate i just bought Yokahamas Parada spec 2 on 215/35/18s on Oz super T just been on the car for 2 weeks and to be honest they are the best tyre i have had on my car and i have had Toyos befoe im a yokahama fan also so might be a bit biest...Toyos are great tyers also

I got mines from Skidz in falkirk for a good price give them a bell if your interested..

Right folks the P1 is needing some new rubber, so wot i am thinking is Toyo proxy4's or t1r/s's or yokohama prada spec2's

has anyone got/using proxy4's or prada spec2's. i am a wee bit of a yokohama fan, but just not sure where to spend the wise old pennys ???

:)

John

How about Michelin Piolit sport 2's

I got them from Black circles for £97.00 per corner and i cant belive the grip levill.

Higgy

Bollocks, and you can't compare a T1R to R888, that's just silly :)

lol.. thats me, i know some people like them but i also know loads who hate them, myself and coulty to name 2.

John F. experienced similar problems and seems to think it may be the tyres moving on the rim, so it may differ depending on the wheels you use. It certainly upset my car especially on initial turn in which is very vague and the car feels like it's foating.

Johnny

lol.. thats me, i know some people like them but i also know loads who hate them, myself and coulty to name 2.

John F. experienced similar problems and seems to think it may be the tyres moving on the rim, so it may differ depending on the wheels you use. It certainly upset my car especially on initial turn in which is very vague and the car feels like it's foating.

Johnny

That would have been the 'Prescription Medication' that made you feel that way :)

Ok, i think i would rather have the yokohams over the toyo's as i had a set or A539's on the goblin and found them very good changed to toyos and hated them.

now on fleybay i can get these to my door for ....

4 x pradas - 205/45/17 = £346 .. but ....

4 x pradas - 215/40/17 = £259 .. WTF, you would think the smaller tyre would be cheeper !

What do the masses think about changing tyre size ?

BTW its the 205's a standard.

John

How about Michelin Piolit sport 2's

I got them from Black circles for £97.00 per corner and i cant belive the grip levill.

Higgy

I'm running Michelin PS2's 235/40/18 extra load, and like Higgy said the grip level

is fantastic, not the cheapest though at £160 a tyre from Black circles.

I've tried Toyo's T1-R and S, Dunlop sport maxx, Goodyear F1 GSD3 , Bridgestone REO50, Pirelli Pzero's

and the Michelin has been the best yet.

ok when i put my T1R`s on a after few months i kerbed one of my wheels and ended up replacing one of the tyres, i couldent get a T1R at short notice and ended up putting a prada spec II to replace it, ive just had the wheels off the car and the prada is in much better condition than the toyos, considering the tyres have been on almost the same lenght of time done practically the same milage had the same abuse on track etc its been a pretty good comparison between them and i know which im going to be going for next and it aint the toyos :icon_salut:

Edited by Ac!D

FYI - I've found this site quite useful... Not sure how accurate the reviews are but nice to get an idea how well certain tyres compare to others in the same field:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp

Unsurprisingly my Bridgestone RE050's are marked as Max Summer Performance without a winter rating... That'll be why they are evil in the snow then! Definately getting a decent winter set for next year!