Spec C Mod Time(mapped And Dangerous)

What's the twin plate carbon rated at and what's recommended to change it to?

the carbon is only rated to 400lb/ft,im going to change to a comp-d twin plate which is rated to 550lb/ft

He is changing to a 6 speed clutch like on mines Alan.

almost the same as yours peter,yours is rated to 516lb/ft

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will you need to use a 6 speed slave cylinder Jimser? (Are they different?) Can't help feel that you'll still have the same issue?

the slave cylinder piston i cut down was a spare alan,5 and 6 speed slave cylinders are identical.

so fitting a 6 speed clutch in my 6 speed gearbox should give no issues

Go on my son...get it ready for saturday and run it in on the way to Crail on sunday...sorry but i won't make Crail for at least a month but will be up as soon as she is ready again.

me and neil went down tonight for a couple of hours and got all the necessary bits and pieces out of the way

ready for the engine to be lifted out.new clutch will be here tomorrow and getting a loan of an engine lift on

friday so car should be back up and running on saturday.all going well,crail sunday

me and neil went down tonight for a couple of hours and got all the necessary bits and pieces out of the way

ready for the engine to be lifted out.new clutch will be here tomorrow and getting a loan of an engine lift on

friday so car should be back up and running on saturday.all going well,crail sunday

Hardcore man :lol:

wowww jim that was fast work. am glad you are getting it sorted as the car is a monster and you have spent a lot of time on it and it has been worth it i hope. am on a diet and stuff so i can get fit in those race seats lol

cheers chris,the time spent was well worth it.as for dieting just dont eat mate ;)

Hardcore man :occasion14:
i agree ;)

goin yersel jimser :P

hardcore indeed,engine out tonight,new clutch in,engine back in and all the other bits and pieces.

car running and back up the road :o

That's the jimser i know :occasion14:

aye the weakness was temporary!

yep, hardcare

done a 14 hour shift starting at 430am and there getting job done

car sorted ;)

its appreciated big chap ;)

:P Just noticed this thread, well good :D:P

cheers jon,still got a bit to go to beat your time which has been there for 2 years now.hats off to you mate :o

• 7 months later...
Yes Professor, instead of seeing how many fruit pastiles it would take to choke a Peregrine Falcon we could see how much boost a bugeye Spec C can take

yea mate shinsinaki reckons it should take 2 bar ok but just have to see how it goes,would like to change the fuel mix and take the methanol out of the tank and inject it in to the inlet via the aquamist.considering this e85 stuff as an alternative to the toluene/methanol mix but not sure if it will give the same benefits?

If your injectors and pump are big enough, I'd do the E85 thing ;)

Well he has a 044 and swirl pot plus 800cc or someting like that.

Go on Jimser...be hardcore and wind the boost up more but above all else make sure its safe by the mapper of choice.