I'm in just now if anyone want's a play...

bedtime for me bonzo, tomorrow night for sure

48secs Fuzzy not bad.....is that with all the traction control and the like switched off......i hope so cause otherwise that would not count as penguins can drive at that speed wi the computer contolling the car.

ETCC is another great patch for the 2003 BMW Touring car and the Audi A4 of Biela........

STAY AWAY FROM THE HISTORIC FIA INSTALL....caused 2 re installs for me.....:D

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to get the hang a wee bit. Is there only in car view?

And after a few laps it sort of has a wee juder along, does this happen to anyone else?

Seem like a good game tho [:D]

(still on keys[:D] )

"Insert" on the keyboard changes the view, you can change the buttoons in payer settings and the click the box next to controls

Judder may be damage, not sure bro never had the Judder

Get a DFP wheel from Ebay for much cheapness, extra top ice cream fun with a wheel and peddles

Fuzzy, thats the spirit.....Knockers tomorrow night then.....HRC patch is next then the V8factor....HRC is the Grp[ B cars with a superb 15 mile long hill climb track....V8factor is Aussie V8 Touring cars with Bathurst.......then u got to get the Nordshclieffe tourist track and try and beat Cals time

ok grant, no probs, il download them tonite or tomorrow morning, il be on msn tomorrow nite, so just send me a message when ur ready for knockers.

fuzzy

BTW - what mods have you all downloaded so far?  I'll try and match that to my installed version.. That shoudl help any problems with playing online and havign mismatched vehicles

Patches of series 

ETCC........Euro Touring Cars

V8factor.........Aussie V8's

Superkart........Kart racing

HRC 1.0 and 1.1 ......Grp F and B cars from yesteryear inc BMW Alpina's, Ford RS MK1's and other great handling cars

Tracks

Knockhill 

Aintree

Nordschliffe

Cadwell Park........used to watch bike racing there

Eastern creek

Calder Park

Lakeside

oh grant forgot to say, 48 secs was in the sauber f1 car. lol.  but im still improving with the other cars. lol

fuzzy

My 48secs was in a S4 Delta with all the driver aids off, severley struggling for grip in a straight line coming up the straight

Catch you tomorrow night at some point after i stock up on Jelly beans and Coca Cola

"Insufficient disk swap space or virtual memory detected. A minimum of 300MB of swap space required"

When I try to click continue anyway it comes up with the same error message and after clicking continue there... it just closes itself. Bugger!!

I'm not too sure what swap space is, do I have to buy new bits for the laptop, or can I delete certain things to try and make more swap space on my computer?!

Shouldnt have to buy new bits for the laptop..  YOu may have to delete stuff 

But before then...  what version of windows are you running?  XP or Visa?

If XP..

Find your "My Computer" icon, either on the desktop or start menu somewhere..

Right click the mouse button on the icon and select properties

You should get a window come up titled "System Properties"

Select the "Advanced" tab

Inside the "Perfomance" area press the settings button

a new window will popup

select the "advanced" tab on the new window

Then where it says "Virtual Memory" near the bottom press teh "change" button

Select Custom Size and change the Initial size to somethign like 512 and your maximum size to whatever the "recommended" value says at the bottom part of that window.

Once changed, click the "set" button

Then Click "OK" on all the windows to close them.

You'll probablt be asked to reboot.. If you do then go ahead and reboot.. If you dont get asked to reboot, then reboot anyway for the changed to take effect..

Once the computer reboots.. try rfactor again..

if it doesn't work (again) let us know..

Hope this helps... 

Thanks for the help here mate, much appreciated... [H]

I tried setting the Virtual Memory to 512 and the Maximum to 1024... BUT... The maximum/recommended was something like 370 but obviously it wouldn't let me enter that as the maximum when the initial setting was at 512. I also tried re-setting things to an initial of 100 and maximum of 370, but it never made a difference either. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition on this Laptop, never thought this Laptop was too old or behind the times, but it appears I could be wrong!! [:D]

"256MB of free system memory needed" is the error thats coming up now. Same error box, just a slightly different message inside it.

Cheers,

Grant

Just had a couple of races there with Fuzzy and server looks OK so far. Only running the default cars at KH just now just to make sure everyone who'se licensed can access it then I'll put the mod cars in. I'll put the HRC ones in once everyone's downloaded and installed the patch. We can take it from there for the other cars/tracks. I'm going to take the password off it just now as well.

I'll need to knock up a quick guide about running the server so it doesn't need to be running on my other desktop all the time and you guys can host it.

Neil

dont think im gonna have the HRC patch installed anytime soon, take ages to download, nearly 10 hours to go, but there was 2 different HRC patches, 1 at 92MB and the other at 252 MB, the 92mb 1 has finished, but do i need both them?

fuzzy

Yes, install the Version 1.0 HRC first then install the Version 1.1 patch next

"256MB of free system memory needed" is the error thats coming up now. Same error box, just a slightly different message inside it.

Hmnn.. that doesn't sound too promising I'm afraid.. If none of the other suggestions work for you  It may be that you would have to upgrade the amount of memory in your laptop. Any idea how much memory yoru latpop has? 256MB? 512MB? 1024MB/1Gigabyte?.

Only other thing to try is closing everything else you have running.. Including all those applications that sit on your task bar at the bottom right of the screen. (Right-CLick > Close on each icon)  this may free up some memory.