• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers grant, apologises for the little outburst, but this thing was doin ma nut in, ok seems like im not getting the complete files, im only getting 1 file thats the knockhill AIW 189kb file, gonna deleate them n see if i can download them again n see wot happens

fuzzy

Fuzzy,  Never noticed any outburst, try this website as it has direct download of the add ons  www.rfactorcentral.com

Neil, I have now upgraded to the 1.250 Version and can now connect to online games.  I was getting incaompatible game version errors earlier and after a google search the answer was revealed

Try the server idea tomorrow and i will keep an eye open for it

Bloody awesome game, drifting the Grp B is rather special

Fuzzy,  Never noticed any outburst, try this website as it has direct download of the add ons  www.rfactorcentral.com

Neil, I have now upgraded to the 1.250 Version and can now connect to online games.  I was getting incaompatible game version errors earlier and after a google search the answer was revealed

Try the server idea tomorrow and i will keep an eye open for it

Bloody awesome game, drifting the Grp B is rather special

Server should be up all day - the GRP B, BMW F1 and one of the default single-seaters are running. Let me know how it goes.

You can also join through this site racecast. Click on join and you should get in that way as well.

Downloaded the demo... tried to play, failed and said:

"Insufficient disk swap space or virtual memory detected. A minimum of 300MB of swap space required"

When I try to click continue anyway it comes up with the same error message and after clicking continue there... it just closes itself. Bugger!!

I'm not too sure what swap space is, do I have to buy new bits for the laptop, or can I delete certain things to try and make more swap space on my computer?!

Cheers,

Grant

Aye with a keyboard it's pretty tricky.. Need to stick on all the braking / traction control type driving aids. Works better than soem other racing sims..

Steering wheel is definately the way to go.. I've got a Logitech Formula Force Wheel (red one), which although a few years old now still works.. To get the most of this sort of game you need the new Logitech G25 wheel. Its' got a proper manual gear shifter and clutch-pedal.. Bit pricey though..  I'm saving my pennies..... [;)]

P..s I'll probably be "on-track" later on this evening if I get a chance [au]

I am using a Logitech Driving Force Pro designed for a PS2, after a wee driver update from logitech it would good to go on the PC

Last night was awesome feeling how the car was reacting to cornering and inputs through the steering wheel.  T16 Peugeot sideways round the hairpin at Knockers.....ahhhhhhh

I am using a Logitech Driving Force Pro designed for a PS2, after a wee driver update from logitech it would good to go on the PC

Last night was awesome feeling how the car was reacting to cornering and inputs through the steering wheel.  T16 Peugeot sideways round the hairpin at Knockers.....ahhhhhhh

grant where r u getting all these different cars?  also, just downloading that knockhill file the now, hopefully this 1 will work, get a few practice laps in then ready to race.

also grant, see if i get an incomplete file again, u fancy sending me the files im missing on msn, if its no trouble, n doesnt take too long?

fuzzy

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

Cant get onto the server.. Get booted off when trying to get in.. says "Server does not recognise vehicle" ? Seems a bit odd as I'm trying to use the standard car that came with the game Kodi 2005 Zr Green #08

Cant get onto the server.. Get booted off when trying to get in.. says "Server does not recognise vehicle" ? Seems a bit odd as I'm trying to use the standard car that came with the game Kodi 2005 Zr Green #08

Was on the Knockhill SIDC server for a while

F1 cars are a bit frightening round there, kept getting .mas error on the Audi and S4 so i had a scoot about in the F1 car

Fuzzy, i get all my cars and tracks from www.rfactorcentral.com

Was on the Knockhill SIDC server for a while

F1 cars are a bit frightening round there, kept getting .mas error on the Audi and S4 so i had a scoot about in the F1 car

Fuzzy, i get all my cars and tracks from www.rfactorcentral.com

yeah grant noticed them on that site just after i posted,  knockhill still not working, still not getting all the files, n i cant find knockhill on that other site

fuzzy

Slow progress guys but bear with me - caught ScoUK and it was the fact that the server was limited to the F1 and Grp B cars so the Kodi wasnt allowed. Its now set to run the Grp B and any of the default ones that you can use in the Lienz series (like the Kodi)  just to make sure that anyone who's unlocked but not downloaded any cars/mods can still check they can connnect.

Grant - there was an update to the original HRC mod - "Patch_v1.1_rFactor_Mod_HRC" which is on the rfactorcentral site. If you've not installed that maybe thats why you're getting a mismatch.

Keep trying boys and I'll try and sort it out.

Cheers

Neil

"Insufficient disk swap space or virtual memory detected. A minimum of 300MB of swap space required"

When I try to click continue anyway it comes up with the same error message and after clicking continue there... it just closes itself. Bugger!!

I'm not too sure what swap space is, do I have to buy new bits for the laptop, or can I delete certain things to try and make more swap space on my computer?!

Shouldnt have to buy new bits for the laptop..  YOu may have to delete stuff 

But before then...  what version of windows are you running?  XP or Visa?

If XP..

Find your "My Computer" icon, either on the desktop or start menu somewhere..

Right click the mouse button on the icon and select properties

You should get a window come up titled "System Properties"

Select the "Advanced" tab

Inside the "Perfomance" area press the settings button

a new window will popup

select the "advanced" tab on the new window

Then where it says "Virtual Memory" near the bottom press teh "change" button

Select Custom Size and change the Initial size to somethign like 512 and your maximum size to whatever the "recommended" value says at the bottom part of that window.

Once changed, click the "set" button

Then Click "OK" on all the windows to close them.

You'll probablt be asked to reboot.. If you do then go ahead and reboot.. If you dont get asked to reboot, then reboot anyway for the changed to take effect..

Once the computer reboots.. try rfactor again..

if it doesn't work (again) let us know..

Hope this helps... 

finally got knockhill installed, ma unzipping program wasnted unzipping all the files, changed to winzip, n now i got knockhill installed,  best time so far is a 1.06 in vayline venom, gonna download some cars, n see how i can improve, but now im all for an online battle

fuzzy

Starting to get the hang a wee bit. Is there only in car view?

And after a few laps it sort of has a wee juder along, does this happen to anyone else?

Seem like a good game tho [:D]

(still on keys[:D] )

"Insert" on the keyboard changes the view, you can change the buttoons in payer settings and the click the box next to controls

Judder may be damage, not sure bro never had the Judder

Get a DFP wheel from Ebay for much cheapness, extra top ice cream fun with a wheel and peddles

Fuzzy, thats the spirit.....Knockers tomorrow night then.....HRC patch is next then the V8factor....HRC is the Grp[ B cars with a superb 15 mile long hill climb track....V8factor is Aussie V8 Touring cars with Bathurst.......then u got to get the Nordshclieffe tourist track and try and beat Cals time