Asda Car Park

Ok so you've all heard of the usual door dings from carparks and that we all prepare for them every time we cant get two spaces for the car however I wasn't expecting this to happen when I was driving out the carpark..

One of the adsa trolly guys was pushing about 15 of them back to the front of the store from the car park. I was driving back out as I had only gone there for some money and the other scoobies were waiting on me at the restraunt after the Santa Cruise yesterday. He didn't stop the trollies on time and I couldn't swerve into the other lane due to oncoming traffic. The end result is a scratch and dents from the front wing to the rear damaging both doors as well. Not a hapy chappy.

Needless to say I went in and spoke to a manager (the fact there was one there on a Sunday was impressive) and I'm expecting a call back to day from the Store manager or the Customer Service manager to let me know what is going to happen next regarding their insurance paying or the damage.

Got the quote from S&S this morning. Total repair including parts and labour is going to be £700 so the asda had better cover it.

Sorry rant over but what a crapy way to end such a good way

Will let you know what they say later on.

yeah I saw it happen mate. I was in the car at the time.

Just of the phone with them and they say they need 3 quotes so there insurance can pick them cheepest one. I can see there reasoning but I need it done right not by some backstreet garage when they are paying.

So I could use with some geography help here people. Where are the next 2 nearest subaru garages to me when I live in Kilmarnock so I can get quotes done and can they quote me without me having to drive there as the fuel is going to cost me a fortune as it this rate.

I called back and told them is was under warranty (9 months left on the one year) and that I would only have it repaired at a subaru garage. When I asked if they will willing to pay the fuel for me to drive the car to the glasgow and edinburgh dealer to get a quote that would be almost the same I was told that this quote would be fine.

Gee that was nice of them.

Thats not good mate, I hate parking in supermarket carparks at the best of times, and its because of things like this!

Bit of a distance for you, but the Glasgow Audi repair centre in Hillington would do a excellent job, and they aint the cheapest. Would be good for a quote if nothing else.

Dont really understand why they're getting to pick the garage your car gets sent to, it is up to you to decide where it goes. If you crashed into another car you wouldnt be able to tell the owner where to get there car fixed.

It should be the same with this!

As an ex-trolley boy employee at ASDA(part time job befor I qualified,) I can confirm that we were only allowed to push 10 trolleys and that they must be strapped in. That was before the days of £1 trolleys that do not need £1. I think that some of the trolleys do not need £1 though. So, if you had a photo of the trolleys, you may have a case.

I once hit a Lada!!! They are usually good with claims like that anyway. I did not know S&S had a paintshop..........

I always get nervous when parking my car. Usually park in the furthest away spot using 2 spaces. Won't park in town unless I have too (If I can't get the wifes car).

Sounds like Asda are being OK though! Always say S**t happens it's how it's dealt with that matters!

Oh I don't any help getting dings in my car, I can do that all by myself thanks very much! Got a de-resonated CS from Gus the Bus last night, was in so much of a hurry that instead of putting it in the back seat directly, I bounced it off the body work first. Nice big paint chip all the way to the metal. PHUD! Visit to Chips Away on the way home then....

As an ex-trolley boy employee at ASDA(part time job befor I qualified,) I can confirm that we were only allowed to push 10 trolleys and that they must be strapped in. That was before the days of £1 trolleys that do not need £1. I think that some of the trolleys do not need £1 though. So, if you had a photo of the trolleys, you may have a case.

I once hit a Lada!!! They are usually good with claims like that anyway. I did not know S&S had a paintshop..........

If i'm not mistaken wasn't your official job title "Guardian of the Car Park" at The Avenue, no trolley boys there! LOL!! I didn't think they let Lada drivers in!!

This is just another reminder of why I need to get a 2nd car to go shopping in - always paranoid about parking my car as it is on the street over night and every time I am at the supermarket I see some woman belt their doors of the car next to them... best one was on Sunday tho when a silly bi*ch started reversing out her space and almost into the side of me as I waited for someone to come out... saw her at last second and booted the car forward enough for her to miss me.

The stupid thing was I must have been sitting there when she got in to her own car as I had been waiting a couple of minutes for some pillock to get into a space in front of me (said pillock got a fright when there was a loud roar and a scooby flew across the car park towards him)

Ended up parking on other side of car park in an empty area - do you guys use two spaces?  Asking as I used to but worried about someone getting upset and damaging the car even if it is on the other side of the car park.

Parked in such a way at the weekend that I did not think anyone would try and fit into the gap between me and a truck next to me.  wrong!!  thankfully I was sitting in the car waiting for someone at this point but another bluddy woman drove into the space - no way she was physically gonna get out her car full stop never mind without hitting my car as the space was literally the width of her car - sorry to rant on about woman but in the last few days alone they seem to be going out their way to prove how ...

Sorry, I'll stop before I get started!

I do take up two spaces at the far end of the car park (as I did on this occasion as well) as I to worrie about people hitting the car while I'm not there.

What makes this one different is that i got hit by an Asda employee while I was in the car driving out the car park.

I didn't hear back from them yesterday so I'm going to call them when I finish work and get an update on what there insurance is saying as I gave them the quote on Monday.