Malky Stirlings Subaru.

Malky, real shame about what happened to the car. We were watching it for a while and were impressed with the acceleration. Even after the finish line it still looked like it had enough power to nearly get the front end off the ground. Hope you get it all fixed up after the mishap, and maybe get some suspension mods on it too!

Cheers for all the well wishes folks.

Initial signs are that one of the braided hoses to the fuel regulator failed. Poss the hose clip that failed.  All should be fixable but may take a while and a shit load of cash yet again!!!.

Think first upgrade is fire eater and aeroquip hoses and fittings.

Please all learn from my mistake and throw out the crap worm drive hose clips on all fuel hose!!!

Cheers bud!!  Think i need to get the handling and possibly a few more horses before i can give yours a run for its money but hey it all good fun.

Started to get her stripped today. Looks like a full new engine loom, Brake servo, Master & Clutch cylinder,  Apexi boost controler, Samco's , Header tank, CV boots, Throttle cable and a shite load more!!!!

Think i will take this time to get inlet manifold reversed, Shorten charge pipes and poss drop back down to a .63 turbo housing from the .82 thats on it now.

Looks like it was a cool car,well worth bringing back from the dead.The AWD pulsar was built from a burnt out shell if I remember correctly.Just goes to show what can be done!

I like the yellow!

All the best m8.

Just echoing other comments. I hope it's not as hard and expensive to fix is it first looks, but the main thing is that you are OK.

I have seen some other photos showing a sequence when the fire started before the hairpin. I'll see if I can get a copy of them for you.

John

It did look pretty horrific....I was just approaching the hairpin as you were coming out and there were flames up the side....didnt see it go round the hairpin, but there were apparently flames up as you went round the corner

I think I would seriously shit myself if that happened to my car

All photos courtesy of Neil Scott (our ex Perth RO from a few years back)

75059334-M.jpg

75059338-M.jpg

75059340-M.jpg

75059345-M.jpg

75059350-M.jpg

75059351-M.jpg

75059356-M.jpg

75059365-M.jpg

75059378-M.jpg

75059384-M.jpg

75059386-M.jpg

75059392-M.jpg

74992330-M.jpg

74992718-M.jpg

These are not the full size images. Malky - if you would like a copy of the full size images, just let me know and I'll put Neil in touch with you.

John

'Kin'ell , those are some pics .[:D]

I was there and saw the smoke and some flames , from a distance - the pits .

Those pics show the severity of the fire though - omigod !!!

I'm sure that a fiesty phoenix shall rise here [:o]

Just get your suspension sorted too - it was like a speedboat , under acceleration  , all the way from the hairpin to the startline too [:)]

All the best mate ,

Al.

Just thought i would update anyone out there who is interested.

The fault has now been confirmed to be as I thought, The feed pipe from fuel rail to fuel regulator had split. As we all know on a Subaru this is right next to the nice cherry hot turbo!!!  Hence the big flames! Looks like it has either melted the rubber hose under the braiding or been rubbed through on something else?

She is now well on the way to being put back on the road.

Hope to be back at knockhill very soon!