Bugeye Vs. Classic

Working out the BHP per ton(ne?) on the STi7 prodrive it's alot lower than a classic STi, from personal experience we can keep up with an STi7 Prodrive in a straight acceleration in our MY98 251bhp turbo, wouldn't like to try around the corners though!! face-icon-small-wink.gifface-icon-small-happy.gif

I think the weight difference plays a large part in this face-icon-small-smile.gif

Different Beasts RA/ 22B are serious machines and proberly the closest thing to the real thing

where as the STI 7 was a compromise. Just as the P1 was a de-tuned STI to meet euro regs

and with a suspension more suited to UK roads.

Performance comes first to comfort where as the STI 7 is a compromise. Cant comment on the

STI 7, But my old Prodrive Turbo was quicker on track than a prodrived Budeyed WRX or a WRX

With full scoobysport system, however a P1 would leave it standing. EVO articles "Shootouts"

still placed the P1 as being a better and quicker car than the STI with much less understeer

and more feel. STI 7 problem being its weight and set up. However that said alot of things

improved like interior, comfort, ride and build quality. The STI03 is said to fix all the STI 7

weak points like slightly different suspension, torgue, emissions etc.

That said Ive seen some tweaked STI 7s, i.e suspension, brakes etc and they go. So Im not

starting a P1 versus STI here Im just pointing that the RA and 22B are the full fat derivatives

not skimmed! and I expect are less forgiving in certain scenario's.

Me now I have a P1 which I adore. If I had the money Id love the RA/22B as fun and track plus the

P1 or STI 03 PPP for UK Road bashing.

Damn should of added that as well, more power, better handling stiffer so the list should be Type r/ra and 22b Jap set up fast and furious.

STI 07 Bug eye

STI 03 PPP and P1 uk set up fast and furious

Havent broken the specs down by colour

TTFN

If I was out buying a scoob tomorrow it would be an STI8 PPP. I love the RA but I know the drawbacks the main being history luckily I know the full history of mine. Had plenty of serious offers for it as well.

I didnt want to go down the import route but got it new for the price of an MY01 WRX and performance they were like chalk and cheese, 12 second 0-60 in the RA must be close to 16/17 in a standard MY01 ??. Plus wasnt keen of the styling back in late 2000/2001 and no performance packs for the MY01 at the time. Would have had to wait months to get a PPP and some headlamps and a spoiler and some springs and I dont like waiting face-icon-small-happy.gif.

I am also not into brand new designs as you tend to find out all the little bugs and rough edges, so the last of the classics suited me.

Now the STI is a known quantity and has some teeth its a good bet.