[OT] New car..

No, the scooby hasn't been replaced!

Mrs. Plug's crappy Fiat Panda threw its cambelt before Christmas, and although I've managed to get it running again, it's not the car it was.

She didn't want me to get rid of it as she loves the old pile of rust, but short of putting another engine in it, there wasn't much more I could do.

So yesterday I bought.....

ANOTHER PANDA!!!

93/K with 21,000 miles on the clock (and every old MOT to back it up) - must be unique. There isn't a spot of rust on it, anywhere, it looks like a new car. All this for £800.

It also has number of features missing on the old car, such as:

5 gears

Brakes that actually stop the car

A heater that works

Comfy seats rather than deckchairs

The list goes on and on.. it's actually a proper car! It cruises happily on a dual carriageway, as well, thanks to the 5 speed box.

She thinks it's the business so I've got loads of brownie points as well.. no hoovering for me for a bit face-icon-small-wink.gif

Cheers,

Plug

To be honest, I was just going to get a Micra or something to replace it.

But, the old Panda was such a hoot to drive - not quick, by any stretch of the imagination, but driving something that weighs about the same as a bag of sugar on skinny 135 section tyres teaches you a whole load about handling face-icon-small-wink.gif

Italian cars may not be the most reliable, but they have got character..

Cheers,

Plug

Don't think the 0-60 time will trouble any Scoobies face-icon-small-wink.gif

The old one was a 750.. 0-60 in 23 seconds face-icon-small-shocked.gif. The new one is a 1000 with injection!! The full 50 bhp for us now... at least it keeps up with the traffic!

And it should do more than 20 mpg.. hang your head in shame, Mr. Impreza.

Cheers,

Plug