Audi S1.........Gobsmackingly awesome!!!!

Whay not all take a trip down to Croft racing circuit ,sometime in March where the largest gathering of Group B cars will battle it out for the honours?

Audi.

6r4

rs 200

205 ti 16s

the list goes on.

I will get alll the details and post it on a new thread.

Once in a lifetime opportunity to see the best cars ever made.

Davie

Croft is near Darlington. Maybe 2 hours from the border?

I'd love to see some Group B action. The quote about them that always gets me is "Henri Toivonen drove a Delta S4 around the Portuguese Grand Prix track, Estoril, so quickly that he could have qualified just five places from the pole in the 1986 Grand Prix race."

The audi quattro changed the face of rallying in 1981 when the 4WD rally car exploded onto the scene. Compared to 4wd rally cars today it was tractor technology but then it was cutting edge, and coupled with Walter Rohrl, probably the greatest driver that has ever lived,

they were unstoppable.

Other car manufacturers caught on quickly and towards the end of Group B the heavy audi was no longer top notch, but what a car.

In 1987 just about the time Group B was banned Walter smashed all the records at the Pike Peaks Hillclimb in America in an Audi S1 specially prepared for the run. There is a famous video of Walter driving the route, it shows him double clutching, changing gears and left foot braking as well as driving the route.

This video is also superb, if anyone can find it put it on a clicky its fab.

Callum W

That sounds awesome! Arguably the best sounding engine ever? Wish it was easier to get that flutter/chatter sound from a scoob!

Count me for the trip to Croft!!

If you can find out the dates as soon as and ill make sure i'm not offshore, ill put in for a few days holiday if need be!!

Kenny