my car is sick :(

was out in it thursday and stoped at some lights then smoke every where.

had a look but did not see much so set off home go home and smoke every where poped the bonnet to find.

rad hose has gone face-icon-small-sad.gif put a new one on tonight but it dont sound right now.

she did not over heat before but now she sounds like its pinking,

can i have air in the systerm or has she gone BANG

ACF1EC9.JPG

Sorryface-icon-small-sad.gif to say it sounds like head gasget failure.Probably the head gasgets leaking into the cooling system and building up pressure which in turn has caused the hose to fail.I hope im wrongface-icon-small-smile.gifBut thats what it sound like Particuarly now if its pinking when reving it and probably has a slight misfire its probably trying to burn water which dont work very well.face-icon-small-sad.gif

Bad news matey face-icon-small-sad.gif

One thing I can think of is that if the hose burst and lost the coolant it wouldnt have shown a rise in temperature since there is no liquid in the system to give a reading.

Had it happen before on engines.

The result can be that the piston picks up on the cylinder due to the build up of heat and causes damage to both the piston and cylinder.

This will give a rough sounding engine and at the worst a total seizure.

Mel also has a point though with the pinking and burning of the water. But to be fair the compression should keep the water in the system out of the cylinder since the pressure from combustion is greater than the water pressure.

If the gasket is blown berween a water way and the cylinder then you should be getting pressure in the header tank.

Keep us posted

Good luckface-icon-small-wink.gif

<<

Mel also has a point though with the pinking and burning of the water. But to be fair the compression should keep the water in the system out of the cylinder since the pressure from combustion is greater than the water pressure.

If the gasket is blown berween a water way and the cylinder then you should be getting pressure in the header tank.

Keep us posted

face-icon-small-wink.gif >>

Have to say i agree until you switch it off then you could get the opposite effect pressure in cooling system and none in cylinder the coolant slowly trickles into the cylinder then when you start up is makes all sorts of odd noises or wont start at all as its hydrolocked. Had this once on a rover engine seemed to be seized,Took the plugs out and cranked it over and the coolant shot at least 15ft in the airface-icon-small-smile.gifand i got soakedface-icon-small-blush.gifface-icon-small-mad.gifface-icon-small-blush.gifface-icon-small-disgusted.gif

update

Ok after working on the car all day and talking to steveee and jim. My car is back up and running.face-icon-small-smile.gif thank god.

All is well now but dont want that to happen again.

Its got to be the 1st time i have hit 2000rpm with out getting her hot face-icon-small-sad.gif.

But it was for her own good and i think she now's it as she is running better now.

She is asleep now after the day she has had lol.

Thanks to you all for your post's.

I am booking her in for a well desv service. after all the last one was 3k ago so its time now any how.

ACF26EE.JPG

I had a lot of air in the systerm it was pinking cos one bank had a air lock.

So it was getting hot.I had to hold the rev's on 2000rpm till the fans came on then fill her up again.

Did this lots of times till it got all the air out then i had to keep her running to get rid of the s"£t off the lump.

as it was smoking lots.

I then found one of the ht leads was a bit naff when it got wet thats y i was running bad wd40 for now.

As my m8 cant get me some till next week in his shop.