Rally Trip for next Year

warby

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<< So confused what to do >>

Simple - give Cyprus a miss.

Go to Germany and watch the rally there, take an extra day or two in the area and then drive on to Finland!

If the WRC calendar is to be believed they are only a week apart!

Now how's that for a trip, it will probably mean taking a fortnight off work but two rallies and all that driving around Europe/Scandinavia in a scoob convoy....... got to be worth it face-icon-small-happy.gif

I went to Finland this year, but after spending a month trying to sort out the best way to get there with the car, I ended up flying because it was sooooo much cheaper.

From the details above, you've pretty much got the cheapest route (as far as ferries are concerned anyway) sorted out.

But I worked out that it would take 4 days to get there and 4 days to get back.

From talking to some of the M-Sport lads on the Sunday after the event, they all go straight to Germany, so the combined trip that was previously mentioned may be the best way to go.

The hotels in Jyvaskyla are normally fully booked by the teams - and many of them don't look that pleasant anyway, so I'd recommend getting a lodge. We hired a ski lodge halfway up a mountain this year, and it cost under 100 Euro each for the week for 5 people.

I can give you contact details etc if you wish.

Me canning the Cyprus trip and telling er in doors that i will be away for two weeks without her and knowing she will miss two weeks in the Cyprus sun may result in me either disappearing without trace or living in a bachelor pad for the near future.

.........face-icon-small-sad.gif

<< Me canning the Cyprus trip and telling er in doors that i will be away for two weeks without her and knowing she will miss two weeks in the Cyprus sun may result in me either disappearing without trace or living in a bachelor pad for the near future. >>

Sounds suicidal!

<< Rough price guide for Ferries.

Alot of companies dont have a price guide for Aug next year.

Quotes so far.

Dover Calais RTN £49 to £99

Stockholm Helsinki RTN Without a cabin 200euros.

Will be able to get better deals nearer the time.

Also WRC have not comfired date yet. >>

Markie these are the prices i have at the moment mate.

Cheers pete, giving this huge consideration at moface-icon-small-smile.gif we need to arrange which grandparents can look after kids before we can comfirm + we will be ditching any plans for the rally of chamions in decemberface-icon-small-shocked.gifface-icon-small-smile.gif well worth the sacrafice in our opinion, this would be a trip of a life time face-icon-small-cool.gifface-icon-small-happy.gif so dont want to miss this.

mark

<< Me canning the Cyprus trip and telling er in doors that i will be away for two weeks without her and knowing she will miss two weeks in the Cyprus sun may result in me either disappearing without trace or living in a bachelor pad for the near future. >>

Look..... Just tell the missus that Cyprus is going to be full of rally louts and not worth the hassle - noise, petrol fumes etc

Then tell her that Trier is a very romantic old Roman town with pleanty to see particularly in the surrounding area - vineyards, panzerplatte etc.

Also add that Finland is also very romantic at that time of year and that you want to share the scenery with her (don't mention that it will be full of rally cars!)

Add the promise of a romantic meal for two (we'll probably all p!ss off and leave you to it.... but then again..)

SOLD!

Or just do a runner in the scoob under the cover of darkness and return a few days later with total amnesia!

Sorted? face-icon-small-cool.gif

<< (I just *have* to drive that bridge). >>

Oh yes, OH YES!!! face-icon-small-happy.gif