Rally Trip for next Year

warby

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kristy has replyed to my emails and said there shouldnt be a problem getting us into the SWRT area, I have to get back to her nearer the time.

Wicked news as she did'nt mention anything about money so it looks like the only things we have to pay for is the stuff we disscussed in earlier posts.

• 2 weeks later...

We need to make a decision soon of which way we are going to get to Finland. Do we drive most of the way then get shorter boats or longer boats and shorter drive.

Please read though this thread and post your views.

My way of thinking is drive though France Belguim Holland and Germany then boat to Denmark, Drive though Denmark,then boat to Sweden, drive though sweden to Stockholm and ten a 16.5 hour boat to Helsinki.

This seems to be the fastest and cheapest way.

I think we would have to leave Dover @ around 06:00 on the Tuesday morning and srive as far as we can into the trip then have a rest in a hotel somewhere (plenty of hotels on motorway services) then a early start Wednesday morning as there is only 1 boat a day from Stockholm to Helsinki and that leaves @ 15:00 and arrives in Helsinki @ 07:00 on the Thursday morning.

Then just a drive up Finland and should arrive @ Rally HQ @ about dinner time ready for the opening cermonery.

Please post your views.

Pete.

Dates will be confirmed in 2 weeks for rally Finland so we can sort prices out then.

Another question for you all is, the town where the rally is Jyvaskla, the hotels are nearly booked up by all the teams so we have 2 options.

1 do we stay in Jyvaskla in basic accomadation, it has showers and toilets and breakfast with off road parking ( just remember we dont spend much time in the hotel anyway) but we are in the town centre.

Or

2 do we stay in lodges which are by the lakes and have swimming pools etc, but is 45 mins drive from Rally HQ in Jyvaskla, but there are in walking distance from service and Park Femme which are together in Finland.

I will have prices for the above options in 2 weeks when dates are confirmed.

Please let me have youe ideas.

Pete.

Iam thinking

We would have to leave Dover @ 06:00 on the Tuesday morning and stay over somewhere on the Tuesday night, as it is just over a thousand miles from Dover to Stockholm where we would get onto the over night boat to Finland.

It is all coming together now and should have deffo prices in 2-3 weeks.

Cant wait.

How long have we got to wait.

Find another option.

We can drive all the way to Estonia and get a ferry from there to Finland and it only takes 1hr45 and there are 14 sailings a day.

So no need to rush to catch a boat in Stockholm.

The only problem is we have to drive though Russia (If thats a problem, i dont know please let me know). Its just over 1000 miles from Dover then 1hr45mins on a boat to Helsinki then a short trip up to Jyvaskla.

Just another option.

<< Nice work Warbs face-icon-small-smile.gif

Im watching this closely , But feel that i will not be able to do 2 Rallies next year , My Mrs has her heart now set on Cyprus 06 , With the SIDC / SWRT Again as Germany

Tiny ... >>

Mate just dont eat till next august you know you want to face-icon-small-happy.gif + we need you & rob up front looking after usface-icon-small-smile.gif

mark

face-icon-small-smile.gif hello all just checking to see the latest and working hard to get a few pennys in the bank for finland hope all the vonn schhnaapen crew can make it and some new faces face-icon-small-happy.gif hi to you all off to work in the morning will check back in 4 / 5 days