Rally Trip for next Year

warby

Right i have found a hotel in Finland, in Jyvaskyla where Rally HQ is and Park Femme. The cost is £296 based on 2 sharing. Its 3 star and has parking. This is for the Thursday and checking out on the monday morning.

Please post names below how is interested.

I will keep you informed when i find out more.

The dates have not been confirmed yet by the WRC for this Rally but looks like it wil be the first weekend in August.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking all night on the internet. And found out the cheapest way to Finland is to walk.

No here we go.

It will take 4 boats and a lot of driving to get there.

We will need to get the boat from Dover to Calais then though France into Belgium then into Holland and on to Germany to a town called Puttgarden, We need to take the 2nd boat of our travels (only about a mile on water this time) to Rodby Denmark, Then back driving and though Denmark but not for long as we are on our 3rd boat, Helsingor to Helsinborg which is in Sweden then driving again to Stockholm and on to our last boat, Stockholm to Helsinki, Finland, Just a a trip rond the lakes to Jyvaskyla where Rally HQ is and our convoy start postion PARK FEMME.

Now from Dover it is around 1400 miles but the ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki is 16hrs long so thats a lot of the mileage taken up on the boat and theres plenty of time on it to get some sleep and drinking if you wish.

I have been on the phone tonight and the only boats we have to book are Dover - Calais and Stockholm - Helsinki. Which i will get prices tomorrow.

Hope its not just me and Em going.

I'm well mate - cheers!

Things good with you? face-icon-small-wink.gif

Dover is much closer for me too and the journey to Finland would be awsome but ....

we need to think of the cost of all that Vmax and the various crossings plus any overnight stops if required.

Also need to think about the time needed off work for the round trip --- could turn it into a touring holiday through Scandanavia though!face-icon-small-happy.gif

I'm soooo tempted but the sensible side of me is saying BE SENSIBLE and think before diving in face-icon-small-blush.gifface-icon-small-happy.gif

I wonder if SIDC would sponsor us to do it so that we could do an article for True Grip? face-icon-small-cool.gifface-icon-small-wink.gif

Cj i have been looking @ this for a while now and going all the way by boat is a big expense.

ie Lubeck ( germany ) to Helsinki ( Finland ) is 562 euros each and 180 euros for the car. So if there is 2 persons that is £1000 just for the boat.

Newcastle to Gothberg ( Denmark ) is £342 for a 2 birth cabin with shared wc and shower. Not to my fancy, and adding the mileage up its cheaper to drive via Gothberg than to get the boat.

If anyone else has any ideas please post.

Iam all for saving money.

<< £1000 just for the boat >>

Ouch! But that was the sensible part of me asking!!! face-icon-small-happy.gif Guess unlike Dover /Calais those routes are not at all competitive hence the prices face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Now, this big drive through nothern Europe into Scandanavia with a Petter convoy at the end of it.... what a hell of an experience that would be! face-icon-small-cool.gifface-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-happy.gif

I'm getting excited in my chair just sitting here thinking about it face-icon-small-happy.gif

<< Calm down Chris, be sensible, calm down, be sensible calm down..... >>

face-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-happy.gif

But it all does kinda make sense face-icon-small-happy.gif

Taffy i have looked at everything. (if somebody would like to find a cheaper way, please let me know)(Yes by plane would be) but we are mad.

Trust me this has cost me an arm and a leg in phone calls.

But i would like the WRC CREW to come along.

I will be in touch with Kristy when she comes back from Japan for prices on passes.

As Markie said - You rascal!

I am having great difficulty sitting here thinking of Germany, looking at my avitar and thinking about what a crack it would be to go to Finland and then being rational face-icon-small-happy.gif

You, you, you RASCAL! Warby! face-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-happy.gif

PS: Seriously, thanks for doing all the research on this face-icon-small-wink.gif

Not a problem mate. I want the people of the SIDC to enjoy there cars, and enjoy what they do. And its only when we go over seas and follow Petter, its when we really can see what they can do.

It makes it for me when there's all the scoobs in convoy.

UNTURE UNTIL YOU SEE IT.

Rough price guide for Ferries.

Alot of companies dont have a price guide for Aug next year.

Quotes so far.

Dover Calais RTN £49 to £99

Stockholm Helsinki RTN Without a cabin 200euros.

Will be able to get better deals nearer the time.

Also WRC have not comfired date yet.

hello from spain just got a text from heerr warby and im in hello to all from the german expirence hope we can all meet soon may b finland may b befor face-icon-small-smile.gifface-icon-small-cool.gif dont know if this works here is a picture id like to call "ive got ap 6 pots brakes and you dont"

ill have it fixed soon .... hi to you both and all on thiis thread it would be excellent if we could get all the solberg crew together and maybe some more to go, i think cj is correct in his pricing i know its not the same but some friends of mine run trucks up that way and say the boats are damm expensive...oh and i cant get a boat from spain to there so its the road for me .face-icon-small-happy.gif

Al i have priced everyway up and it seems cheaper to go the road way. France belguim holland germany boat to denmark drive then boat to sweeden drive then boat to finland.

Think i have posted the route at the top of this Thread.