Knockhill, full day, Saturday 22nd October for only £95

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<< Is there some pre-requisites, forms, do's/don'ts etc that need to be completed before Saturday - - i.e. an info 'pack' which gets distributed before the event?

just to save everyone queing before the briefing.

Thx >>

John usually sends out this stuff a couple of days before the event.

Cheers,

Eric

With some spirited driving you could use a tank full, however its best not to let the tank drop below 1/4 or you risk fuel starvation. Fuel will slosh around much more on the track than on road which can lead to the pump pickup momentarily being starved. There is a Shell station 10 mins from the track so don't worry.

First visit to knockhill today for me. Needless to say, i had a good time spectating, so thanks to those who were brave enough to take their cars on the track.

Highlights for me were the two fords. Fookin awesome bits of kit, and even better to see them head to head in the afternoon, for a short time.

aye another good day face-icon-small-happy.gif

only spun once this time, but had a couple of "fishtail" moments too face-icon-small-happy.gif

the do1j's were awsome - now i know why they are/were raved about - was fun changing them this morning at 7am in the dark, hence my tardiness - wanted to wait ands see what like the weather. was "interesting" driving to the circuit in them, sheet rain from perth to onwards mostly :roll: coming back was fun though face-icon-small-happy.gif

warped my disc though as i started to push harder as teh track dried - time just flew - was it me or did they cut the morning session short by 5 mins?

i even took on a passenger for the last 10 mins, hope she found it ok, got a bit lairy on the hairpin face-icon-small-happy.gif

First visit on the track for me... absolute brilliant... sorry if i held people up... did manage to have a spin on the track late on in the afternoon session face-icon-small-blush.gif

but i did manage to get the scoob sideways at the hairpin as well as sliding around the bends face-icon-small-happy.gif

Brakes are knackered in fact they were knackered after 2 laps face-icon-small-frown.gif tyres were pure crap in the wet but were fine when it started to dry up face-icon-small-happy.gif

Good fun day out, I was there in the mornign session, and the afternoon til about 2:30pm.

Not the best of weather for the Rover lol, lot of power to try and transmit to the track via fwd, the Ferrari 355 wasnt happy that when I did get it to resemble a acar with traction ot was an inch of its tail for the entire straight, and then I had to back off as he wouldnt pull over and let me pass. Good day out though, look forward to next year when IU can do a lap with traction lol. Hopefully the car didnt lookm too out of place.

PS - For all those saying "ohh, it's got nitrous" , the gas was never turned on all day, too wet, would have spun the wheels till the gantry in the wet if the gas had been on, at least it would have been entertaining for those on the pit wall lol.

Ross