rolling road

just an idea, but does anyone think it would be a good idea to

organise a rolling road day at somewere like star performance,

if there is about 10 or more cars you can sometimes get your car

on the rollers for about £30, but would need to phone and check!!!

anyone interested??????

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be up for this mate....asked the question of Jim Curly @ star if he would be interested in this, but he's been doing these type of group rolling road sessions for about 10 years and wasnt very keen to take it on(think it was down to the fact that some of his employees didnt want to come in on a sunday)

Scott

I think that when comparing r/r results most people like to have them done on the same rollers. I.e. if someone's have had some mods done and wants to see what if any improvement it has made then it's best to use the same place for the before and after.

I would imagine you might find people who have used Star before more keen to return than the guys who have used others (dastek etc).

How's about you feckers come up to the Dastek rollers up here for a change instead of me driving down south? face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Star or either of the Dastek RR's are fine for me. Jim (in my opinion) is not a tosser.

Make it July and i'll have had a chance to (potentially) make a few more tweaks. Otherwise i'm far to busy to do anything with the car and make it worthwhile running. face-icon-small-sad.gif

One is due to be organised soon at Dastek by Spooks, Edinburgh/Lothians R.O. and his good lady Rose (complete with refreshments and other perks under the SIDC banner).

I would give him a chance until he gets back from the states (shortly). That saves wasted effort when someone else has already done some leg work, under the club auspices.

Brian face-icon-small-wink.gif

wats with the slaging match again everyone has there own opinion and can we leave it at that !!!!

iI have had Very good service from Jim and co. and im sure that there are others than have not .

Lets just give it a rest......

higgy

its good that so many people are up for it, i have spoken to one of my mates and he has told me that

dastek is very good so i will phone up and check the price etc and i will do that today. Then will post

some dates to see what date people would prefere but just to see numbers lets make a list

1. jasonb (scoob)

2. jcscoob (scoob)

3. gordon (R34 skyline)

4. lee (pulser)

I've copied this again in case you didn't see it - may save you some trouble:

"One is due to be organised soon at Dastek by Spooks, Edinburgh/Lothians R.O. and his good lady Rose (complete with refreshments and other perks under the SIDC banner).

I would give him a chance until he gets back from the states (shortly). That saves wasted effort when someone else has already done some leg work, under the club auspices.

Brian "

I've copied this again in case you didn't see it - may save you some trouble: ft>

One is due to be organised soon at Dastek by Spooks, Edinburgh/Lothians R.O. and his good lady Rose (complete with refreshments and other perks under the SIDC banner). ft>

I would give him a chance until he gets back from the states (shortly). That saves wasted effort when someone else has already done some leg work, under the club auspices. ft>

Brian ft>

might notice it now !!!face-icon-small-wink.gif