Returning once again!, North Essex... Back in my old car

Hi all, after originally joining in 2005 with my UK wagon which I had for 3 years, sold to a squaddie came from Germany, had a few other cars before buying a silver wrx, sold that to a guy from swindon.. A year later in 2011, I bought a 1999 prodrive forester, and like a madman I sold that in summer 2012?

I regretted ever selling the fozzy, tried to contact the guy to offer to buy it back.... Had no contact with him.... I watched it online regarding MOT's ect, checking with total car check for any info I could get.

Done this for 7 years!!, untill mid July when it can up 15 mins away on EBay out of the blue. Anyway ... Long story short... Arranged a viewing, test drive, still had the SIDC stickers in rear windows!, same guy owned it, px to a trader, offered 1200 to his 1500, eventually accepted, gave £500 deposit...thought I wasnt ever getting it back!!!...

Looking a little worse for wear, it needs some loving. Couldnt bear the thought of it getting in wrong hands, its had thousands spent on it, very unique, and sentimental to myself ?.

Welcome home green fozzy!, 

• Upvote 3
23 hours ago, insane clown said:

Hi all, after originally joining in 2005 with my UK wagon which I had for 3 years, sold to a squaddie came from Germany, had a few other cars before buying a silver wrx, sold that to a guy from swindon.. A year later in 2011, I bought a 1999 prodrive forester, and like a madman I sold that in summer 2012?

I regretted ever selling the fozzy, tried to contact the guy to offer to buy it back.... Had no contact with him.... I watched it online regarding MOT's ect, checking with total car check for any info I could get.

Done this for 7 years!!, untill mid July when it can up 15 mins away on EBay out of the blue. Anyway ... Long story short... Arranged a viewing, test drive, still had the SIDC stickers in rear windows!, same guy owned it, px to a trader, offered 1200 to his 1500, eventually accepted, gave £500 deposit...thought I wasnt ever getting it back!!!...

Looking a little worse for wear, it needs some loving. Couldnt bear the thought of it getting in wrong hands, its had thousands spent on it, very unique, and sentimental to myself ?.

From one forester owner to another you have my respect , good luck and hope to see you  at few events.

• Upvote 2

Cheers guys, certainly didn't want to lose a second chance with this fozzy, although high miles and needing some work but they are such a versatile vehicle. Its for keeps now, ive also got a Jag and my little Pug van for work so getting tight!, 

I know i did the right thing... Makes me smile when look out the window?

Will try and post a pic up, from when I had it in 2012... 

Looks a bit sad at the mo lol 

• Like 1

Cheers matey!, shes a tired ol girl now!. 174000 on the clock, her first 10 years of life it was no expense spared by the looks, I knew the history from when I first bought it 2011.

I'm going totally up the upgrades, repairs and maintenance, absolute thousands spent.

This is why I had to have her back, although got issues at mo but will get her roadworthy and use it as an occasional drive. 

The last owner swapped my old suspension set up for the coilovers... All I know is they eere purchased from MAX SPEEDING RODS?! 

Not sure if I like that rock hard ride tho!,  been fully poly bushed too.

Yeh cheers mate, it deserves to be looked after now, it would of hurt to see her in wrong hands and end up as scrap, 

Once shes mechanicaly sound ive got to sort the paint, little rust and a few dings.. But 20 years old too!... I'm a valeter/detailer by trade so cant wait to get stuck in ?

Be good to get her out and see some shows, ?

21 hours ago, insane clown said:

Yeh cheers mate, it deserves to be looked after now, it would of hurt to see her in wrong hands and end up as scrap, 

Once shes mechanicaly sound ive got to sort the paint, little rust and a few dings.. But 20 years old too!... I'm a valeter/detailer by trade so cant wait to get stuck in ?

Be good to get her out and see some shows, ?

How about Rally day Castle Coombe in sept ?

I could do with bit detailing advice.

• 1 month later...

Hi bud and yup Fozzies are great and glad to see you're keeping a Gen1 classic foz on the road. 

I've had a my99 which still sits in the garden and I use it as a shed for bits n pieces as she's worse for wear and I've had a face-lift my01 which I too spent thousands on in the same colour as yours. 

I'm now running a my04 FSTi which is my daily and wouldn't chose any other model other than a foz. It's just such a family sleeper not to mention what you can transport in them. 

Oh and if you're after any bits then give me a shout before you go spending loads on fleabay. The my99 is still 75% whole. 

Andy. 

On 14/08/2019 at 18:53, Lockheed said:

How about Rally day Castle Coombe in sept ?

I could do with bit detailing advice.

I totally forgot to reply sorry Lockheed!, my original plan was to get ready for such events, I'm just not getting the time to finish the fozzy and get it MOTd, nearly there tho!

I will defo catch up with some of you guys. Last meeting I went to was 2007!

7 hours ago, LeftaSALTYtaste said:

Hi bud and yup Fozzies are great and glad to see you're keeping a Gen1 classic foz on the road. 

I've had a my99 which still sits in the garden and I use it as a shed for bits n pieces as she's worse for wear and I've had a face-lift my01 which I too spent thousands on in the same colour as yours. 

I'm now running a my04 FSTi which is my daily and wouldn't chose any other model other than a foz. It's just such a family sleeper not to mention what you can transport in them. 

Oh and if you're after any bits then give me a shout before you go spending loads on fleabay. The my99 is still 75% whole. 

Andy. 

Cheers Andy!, I'm toying with replacing wings, but then ive defo got to get a full respray, rear arches have slight bubbles, and its been hit on near side rear quarter, bumper mainly and just rippled the body above bumper, Not terrible.

Its been well used, I'm replacing everything I know that will show up on MOT, brakes are sorted now as they were shocking, nsf driveshaft was shot, tidying Her up inside now, needs good shampoo and general hoover, just fitted standard head unit. I'm missing the fuse cubby hole cover by right knee, other than that pretty sorted. 

Got to book her in for new windscreen and book mot and cross me fingers?

I bet your STi flies!!, proper wolf in sheep's clothing those fozzys, my Speedo is out ... 25 on clock is 21 on GPS, something else to sort 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 19:28, insane clown said:

I bet your STi flies!!, proper wolf in sheep's clothing those fozzys, my Speedo is out ... 25 on clock is 21 on GPS, something else to sort 

most old speedos always showhigher han actual.

But i would imagine the 17" impreza wheels/tyres and incorrect rolling radius is partialy to blame. Maybe have impreza tyres on so eg. 40 profile and should be 50 profile closer to forester original wheels rolling radius.

@The Don has better technical info and more accurate.

Edited by t5nyw
47 minutes ago, t5nyw said:

most old speedos always showhigher han actual.

But i would imagine the 17" impreza wheels/tyres and incorrect rolling radius is partialy to blame. Maybe have impreza tyres on so eg. 40 profile and should be 50 profile closer to forester original wheels rolling radius.

@The Don has more accurate knowledge 

The wheels fitted are part of/requirement of the Prodrive upgrade for the SF forester and come with 215/50/R17 tyres

Subaru speedos usually reads about 10% fast

SF PPP1.jpg

SF PPP2.jpg

SF PPP3.jpg

Thats a brilliant bit of info, I will have a look at the website, think no just looked at prodrive in past, but anyway yes exactly same wheels as mine and 215/50/17. The exhaust was done seperate by the looks as its a full unique lifelong system, sports cat and all the way through with no joints to rear box. Has yellow 440 injectors, And a 2c ecu used for the management tweak.

Gearbox has close ratio and quick shift, felt more like my old WRX Box than a uk.

Desperate to get her on road, needs driving. 

20191020_191659.jpg

Edited by insane clown
  • 1 month later...
On 04/08/2019 at 19:48, insane clown said:

Great story! Welcome back!