Time For A Change - 2015 Sti

After 6 1/2 happy years with the Hatch, I decided it was time for a change and for a 40th Birthday present to myself (back in April), I ordered a new 2015 STI. Was a little sad to say goodbuy to the '08 but really happy with the new car...

post-6837-0-30472400-1412536778_thumb.jp

I wanted a few options that wern't available on the standard German spec, so managed to get a Swiss "Luxury" spec instead, unfortunately that meant I had a few months longer to wait. Specs as follows:

Full leather interior

Electric drivers seat

Seat heating

Keyless entry

Push button start

Harmon Kardon Navi system

Front Fogs

Rear wing delete

Rear lip spoiler

Sun roof

Rear tints 78% with slight mirror effect

Rally Armour mud flaps

Still to be fitted:

Quick shift

Exhaust surrounds

post-6837-0-98282900-1412536871_thumb.jp

post-6837-0-37692800-1412536856_thumb.jp

post-6837-0-82916500-1412536835_thumb.jp

post-6837-0-13950200-1412536807_thumb.jp

First impressions of the new car is a huge step forward from the hatch. Its the first Scooby I've owned that I haven't instantly felt the need for handling upgrades. My old car was PPP'd so is 30PS up on the new car, although the sharper throttle mapping and the slight weight saving go some way to make up for that. Will be looking at power upgrades over the next months, once its properly run in!

The seats are pretty nice and the leather is really nice, although I had the Recaro's in the old car and do miss the extra lateral support. They've also moved the start button to the other side which is a little annoying, mostly because I keep reaching the wrong way! Can't say I'm massively impressed with the Navi, but maybe I just need to get used to it, but the audio quality from the Harmon Kardon amp and speakers is really excellent!

Very nice motor.. :thumbs: .......can't recall seeing any subaru's in friedrichshafen when i used to use that airport when traveling to Ravensburg and Bad waldsee....

There's not many around! There's a girl at work with a classic and the dealers 4 sons all drive STIs, other than those, I probably only see 3 or 4 a year! The rest of Germany isn't much different - ownership is pretty exclusive :) Plenty around across the border in Switzerland though!

Bad Waldsee seems a bit of an odd place to visit :tumbleweed:

Time flies Kim! :driving:

Can't believe this is now my 5th Scooby over 16 years, still remember picking up the first one back in 1998 like it was yesterday B)

Almost 400kms on the clock now, will be taking a quick trip over the Alps to Northern Italy on Sunday/Monday, so should complete the running in and have a bit of a blast over the passes on the way back :headbang: