Glasgow Ro

I fear I may be the victim of Internet hacking like the site went under a couple of weeks ago.

I have asked for some clarification as I have had no correspondence to this at all.

Maybe you could see if you have any joy finding out phil with you being an all round nice guy? :)

Chris

I fear I may be the victim of Internet hacking like the site went under a couple of weeks ago.

I have asked for some clarification as I have had no correspondence to this at all.

Maybe you could see if you have any joy finding out phil with you being an all round nice guy? :)

Chris

Who did you contact and when? On my mobile so can't sort anything but I'm sure Kim or Don will sort as soon as they're able

Who did you contact and when? On my mobile so can't sort anything but I'm sure Kim or Don will sort as soon as they're able

I sent Kim a pm on wed night after it was pointed out it had gone AWOL. I was going to email the membership@sidc.co.uk address but I think there may be an issue with that address as I have asked for a couple of threads to be pinned but have had no response.

It is just very strange for it to have gone awol along with my access to the ro forum without any notification.

As I said in my pm to Kim if this is just a technical issue and is a hassle to fix then don't waste time on it as the website takes priority.

Cheers

Chris

It's an issue with invision from what I can tell - that isn't changing.

Think your best bet if it happens again is to submit a support ticket rather than relying soley on pm

Thanks for the info stu. I was going to log a ticket but wasn't sure if that was correct procedure.

I will wait for Kim to get back to me before I resume normal services just in case i have missed something.

Hope you guys are having a break after all the hard work on the first stages of the new site. Hopefully the weather will be as nice on the knockhill/agm day

Cheers

Chris

The membership control panel (where you renew your membership and update your personal details) has overall control of the forums. RO, Moderator, Committee, Supporter badges are applied from the forums. Should anything be changed in the membership panel by either admin or the user then any changes made like RO badges are then removed.

Chris made changes, which he advised was amending his email address. This has resulted in the RO badge being removed by the system, the membership system does not know he's an RO - it only knows that he's a paid member of the club. It's not a glitch of the website or forums, the membership control panel is merely doing what it is programmed to do. It's just a case that the RO rights need to be re-applied to Chris' profile.

I also understand Pablo's membership status didn't update when he renewed his membership. In the event that a membership is allowed to expire, the system is supposed to know that upon renewing, his status needs to be changed to "member". This isn't happening as the software is out-of-date so it's a manual process. In the event that a member renews before his/her expiry date, this is classed as a future payment so no disruption will occur.

No support tickets have been raised for either Chris' or Paul's problem and therefore weren't dealt with. All support tickets raised recently have been answered or dealt with.

In future please do not rely on pms as I don't have notifications turned on to be notified of pms etc and I'd been away from the forums for a week or so which meant they weren't dealt with.

:)

The membership control panel (where you renew your membership and update your personal details) has overall control of the forums. RO, Moderator, Committee, Supporter badges are applied from the forums. Should anything be changed in the membership panel by either admin or the user then any changes made like RO badges are then removed.

Chris made changes, which he advised was amending his email address. This has resulted in the RO badge being removed by the system, the membership system does not know he's an RO - it only knows that he's a paid member of the club. It's not a glitch of the website or forums, the membership control panel is merely doing what it is programmed to do. It's just a case that the RO rights need to be re-applied to Chris' profile.

I also understand Pablo's membership status didn't update when he renewed his membership. In the event that a membership is allowed to expire, the system is supposed to know that upon renewing, his status needs to be changed to "member". This isn't happening as the software is out-of-date so it's a manual process. In the event that a member renews before his/her expiry date, this is classed as a future payment so no disruption will occur.

No support tickets have been raised for either Chris' or Paul's problem and therefore weren't dealt with. All support tickets raised recently have been answered or dealt with.

In future please do not rely on pms as I don't have notifications turned on to be notified of pms etc and I'd been away from the forums for a week or so which meant they weren't dealt with.

:)

hey kim . I havnt been near a laptop to raise the support ticket yet. Once i get to one i shall. Its not a big issue about my badge as i didnt even know my badhmge was showing as i use my phone to access the site mainly. it was just i noticed i still cldnt access the members area thats all. Not in any rush yet as theres not much that goes up in the members area and i dont frequent it that often. Only noticed i couldnt access it when i clicked a link on fb and it said it was restricted . So just thought id fire the post up stating as such.

thanks for the feed back and response here though.

Should get to a lappy in the next day or so.