The Red Dragon Cs400

In the 3rd pic you can see the grey heat shielding - at first I thought Subaru UK had forgotten to take oot some transit packaging or something lol.

Still running it in which is getting frustrating - especially due to the tailgating by knobs driving people carriers and vauxhall vectras.

I look forward to giving it a wee "burble brrrrrrrrrr peeesht".

I mentioned the handling before but it is good - steers really good thru the corners, even though I still corner like a granny haha.

2hq6lww.jpg

2hed3ev.jpg

xpvjtw.jpg

2ugnpdi.jpg

11l61c0.jpg

Edited by monsterenergy

Ima gonna spray my Pro-R Radiator Shield with red hammerite before I install it - but gonna need to cut oot an opening so ye can still see the Cosworth plate.

I reckon a dremel might do the job.

I'm going for as much red as possible, lol :Scottish-flag:

Gotta be right with Hammerite! Also if you want it red, just drive to Spain and drive through the La Tomatina festival. Or into the Heinz factory.

• 1 month later...

Been missing my baby - so first thing I did when I got hame was give her a good clean :Scottish-flag:

Hopefully this weekend I'll get my bonnet scoop grill and front strut brace on. :Scottish-flag:

I've also found some ideas for mounting my rear view camera on iwsti - so gonna try that too when I get a chance :icon_flower:

Edited by monsterenergy
  • 10 months later...

So... will fill yeez in on a bit of a saga which is now all cleared up.

Through the winter, I thought I noticed some knocking from the suspension when going slow and then I really noticed it reversing on full lock. Got it checked out during my first service and sure enough there was a reported problem with the suspension (why no recall from IM group)?

Anyway took a while to get the new parts so I was getting frustrated but Autoecosse made up for the delay by giving my car a real good valet - it was literally showroom condition with blacked up wheels and everything, so thanks guys :Scottish-flag:

Great to have the red dragon back in time for summer :icon_flower:

Anyhoo - was just having a wee skive at work and checking out youtube about the CS400 - and found this great wee video with Subaru Rally Team's Mark Higgins... if anyone doubts the acceleration on this car, check out the final minute of the video:

CS400 with Mark Higgins

efgwsj.jpg

Edited by monsterenergy
  • 1 month later...

Today's wee additions, and keeping with my aim of "keeping it standard" (as much as I can) have again used genuine OEM Subaru parts. Really happy with the visors, bit unsure about the boot carbon just now but sure it will grow on me and is a good match for the door pillar carbon stickies:

ffbkp1.jpg

2qkjafb.jpg

rkrfa9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...