Highland Fling 2012

thanks for all the positive comments everyone, its all the happy faces that make the organising worth while :D

great to see the usual suspects as well as some new faces, hopefully everyone felt welcome!

it really is the best bunch of guys and girls you could hope to meet, and im pleased to say that despite some spirited driving everyone made it home without much damage apart from the obligatory stone chips - or fling badge of honour as i call them :P

glad my prebooked weather came through even if it was a day late.... ;)

and as i had to make do with the audi this year i guess il have to do it all again next year...... as long as theres some interest from you lot il keep doing it :Scottish-flag:

and Gus if i let you choose the dates then youl be able to make it and wheres the fun in that? :P :P

Yes totally agree, big thanks to Dave and everyone involved for a great weekend, safe with perfect weather.

Just wonder which bit of tarmac everyone enjoyed most though suppose it depends where you get a decent run and who is running with you at the time.

I nominate the last section into Portree with Kenny and probably Clunie dam to Loch Lochy with NKWRX though not quite so sure about leading!!!!

Don't like fast single track (especially with Skye bumps etc (we were warned), leaders nightmare I'm sure.

Got to say, really enjoyed the loop over the top of skye with teh bumpy bits.. Really tested the workings of the impreza, and showed jsut how capable these machines are!! Not a fan of high speed stuff but really like tight and twisty lumpy bumpy bits.. Assuming it's a clear road.. Did get airborne a couple of times and only grounded it once :headbang:

Yes totally agree, big thanks to Dave and everyone involved for a great weekend, safe with perfect weather.

Just wonder which bit of tarmac everyone enjoyed most though suppose it depends where you get a decent run and who is running with you at the time.

I nominate the last section into Portree with Kenny and probably Clunie dam to Loch Lochy with NKWRX though not quite so sure about leading!!!!

Don't like fast single track (especially with Skye bumps etc (we were warned), leaders nightmare I'm sure.

Yes Myles have to agree that was a great section of road and a great drive!

Kevan

Edited by NKWRX

best sections for me were the yellow route to applecross as i was trying to catch the main group and the road was almost totally to myself :) and the last stint from eilan donan to the commando memorial was epic, i like both the fast flowing stuff and the tight twistys but the s3 was definitely more suited to the former, twisty single tracks really had me missing the scoob :(

Has to be said i enjoyed it all but the best bit for me was after the 'lost boys' turned into 2 splinter groups. I was in front with the red snow plow behind me for the coast route into Applecross. The road was fiarly empty - apart from a bearded weirdo in a rover who didn't check his mirrors or move over for about 2 miles. Great bit of road with a few hairy moments when the road suddenly veered off over a blind bend - gave the Performance Friction brakes a work out, i can safely say they're bedded in now. But i took it a pace that wasn't mental and got to enjoy the road and the view and hopefully helped the newbie learn a bit about the car i did try to keep him in the mirror as much as possible and i think Alun enjoyed it as well. If the weather had of turned nasty he was going in front to clear the way though.... Mr Plow. :icon_salut:

Personally i though this year was better as the less progressive group were at a more normal pace. I have to agree with Al i'm not that fussed about nailing the car everywhere - last year for my first fling to be honest though i enjoyed it the Saturday was at some points mental. When the slow group has cars dropping back there's something up. Actually got to enjoy the scenery this year which was great!

thats probably no bad thing Andy ;)think i may have had a touch of the old red mist at that point.....

What is it with you and bikers?

Looks like I missed a good laugh and superb weather.

Had a superb time in Portugal golfing and even had a hole in 1 :Scottish-flag:

My youngest son was in Skye over the weekend with his mates camping at a place called Sligachan 9 miles before Portree.

Raymond & his mates watched you all passing the campsite very IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!

He just wished he'd taken his Hawkeye accross.

Maybe next year

Loved it. And as for leading Fast Single Track, love that too, so it's no bother, as long as you know how to drive it, it's not a problem, you just need to KNOW that you will be able to stop if you meet something coming the other way!!! Oh, and not minding your brakes taking a hamering helps too... ;)

Had a great time. Even though I was only on two wheels. Great to meet a good bunch of folk. Best run for ages. Weather was great and the sounds were awesome. Great echo lol. Bring on next year, will put a video camera on front of bike next time!!

And I bet you guys thought I bought two umbrellas incase it rained too much!

IMG_6590_plate.JPG

Should make for some cheap yet effective SIDC banners assuming it's not too windy :tumbleweed:

.. Nothign a brick and some string couldn't help with! :thumbup: