SIDC Members

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those that don't know, these are the candidates for the role of Chairman and Secretary and voting will run until 30th Nov 2010

Chairman of SIDC

candidate 1 - Frenchy

candidate 2 - STI Pretender

Membership Secretary of SIDC

candidate 1 - SHESCOOBY

Candidate 2 - jointly between BalliSTIc & thefastone

for those that don't know, these are the candidates for the role of Chairman and Secretary and voting will run until 30th Nov 2010

Chairman of SIDC

candidate 1 - Frenchy

candidate 2 - STI Pretender

Membership Secretary of SIDC

candidate 1 - SHESCOOBY

Candidate 2 - jointly between BalliSTIc & thefastone

:thumbup: Thanks Imy

Anyone else get a message from SIDC on Facebook asking them to vote for Frenchy for Chairperson and Karyn Kelly as membership secretary?

Bit cheeky doing that under the sidc banner on facebook.

Seems Phil is on the campaign trail aswell ;)

"Guys

as you may know I am stepping down as Chairman

I firmly beleive that Frenchy is the right person to take the club forward

please give her and SheScooby your votes in the SIDC Member area"

Seems Phil is on the campaign trail aswell ;)

"Guys

as you may know I am stepping down as Chairman

I firmly beleive that Frenchy is the right person to take the club forward

please give her and SheScooby your votes in the SIDC Member area"

No laws against canvassing as long as it's done fairly.

But there's still a lot of very hacked off people out there who have stuck with the club this far and really deserve more for their loyalty. Many others have already gone elsewhere and more seem to be following suit.

This is all about getting a better deal for existing members and encouraging new folk to join. It's clear from the opinions on the fora that that hasn't been happening with the existing setup...

...THAT's what we want to change. For EVERYONE.

On behalf of Rob (STI Pretender), Dale (thefastone) and myself, thanks for your continued patience with this and we remain very grateful for your support.

No laws against canvassing as long as it's done fairly.

But there's still a lot of very hacked off people out there who have stuck with the club this far and really deserve more for their loyalty. Many others have already gone elsewhere and more seem to be following suit.

This is all about getting a better deal for existing members and encouraging new folk to join. It's clear from the opinions on the fora that that hasn't been happening with the existing setup...

...THAT's what we want to change. For EVERYONE.

On behalf of Rob (STI Pretender), Dale (thefastone) and myself, thanks for your continued patience with this and we remain very grateful for your support.

I'm sorry but I disagree.

I've made a definite effort to keep my opinions on the matter restrained within the RO forum but it's all well and good saying "This is all about getting a better deal for existing members and encouraging new folk to join" but when the collective statements of the above mentioned ROs are at the expense of a number of key team members who have worked tirelessly themselves to bring about the very same change without recognition or the need for praise for their actions, purely out of their love of the club - I can't help but view that as foolhardy and shortsighted.

Because change hasn't been forthright, it doesn't mean people haven't been working away at doing just that. Are you even aware of what's currently happening at Committee level with regards to driving the club forward? I would say not. How then are you able to comment on the effectiveness of the current Committee's plans for the coming year? How then are you able to imply that the efforts of those who you are looking to replace are ineffective?

Yes there have been some almighty issues within the club, that's not in question but so far all I can see is the collective testament to your ability to fulfill a role of which you actually have no genuine working knowledge of.

Your collective efforts have so far only succeeded in perpetuating the move away from the club. The sad fact of the matter is that rather than the move away being from the general populous, it's key members who have time and time again given their absolute best to the club regardless of how publicly they have been seen to do it.

It's all well and good showboating about how great and sweeping the change will be but as we all know, when this process was started, we were all given the opportunity to bring about positive change - from that came the rebirth of True Grip. In doing that I had hoped that the enthusiasm and drive that it created would've driven others on to follow suit, to make changes where necessary for the greater good of the club. After all, had the sole intention of those who started this process actually been in the best interests of the club, it wouldn't matter if they were a Committee member or otherwise - change could've happen months ago. The fact it didn't only serves to make me think that the intention was never the improvement of the club but more so the 'glory' of being in power and the club's committee.

I made the new TG happen and for now, continue to do so but I didn't do it because I was a Committee member (I'm not and never have been by the way) or even as a Moderator - I was a deputy RO - not even in the same level as you guys are now. At that same time, all three of you were given exactly the same freedom to necessitate change and so far I have seen no example that. Change doesn't come from being in the Committee. Change comes from the members who have the dedication and passion to stand up and be judged on their actions alone, not their title within the club.

I've always felt that I've gotten along with you guys and have gone out of my way to include all of the Scottish ROs as best I can in everything I have done with TG but this situation, in my eyes, is far from success and in all honesty, fills me full of dread for the future of the club.

I genuinely hope I'm proven wrong on this - I really do.

and in all honesty, fills me full of dread for the future of the club.

I genuinely hope I'm proven wrong on this - I really do.

This club is a shadow of it's former self, it needs change and alot of it.

Maybe the members who have put them selfs forward for nomination are the answer to the problems maybe they are not, but one things sure we can't go on like this, it seem's it's only the hard core element who are left with very little newcommers joining up nowadays.

Phil has always been a good ambassador for this club but it seems in the last year or so he has lost intrest in it, who ever gets or ends up winning the polls will have alot of work to do getting this place back to it's previous heights and I wish them all the best in their new role.

This club is a shadow of it's former self, it needs change and alot of it.

Maybe the members who have put them selfs forward for nomination are the answer to the problems maybe they are not, but one things sure we can't go on like this, it seem's it's only the hard core element who are left with very little newcommers joining up nowadays.

Phil has always been a good ambassador for this club but it seems in the last year or so he has lost intrest in it, who ever gets or ends up winning the polls will have alot of work to do getting this place back to it's previous heights and I wish them all the best in their new role.

I completely agree - my biggest issue though is that there was a skeleton Committee beforehand and the reason things took an age to do (or never happened at all) was because every single member of the Committee was stretched to the point of breaking.

So far all that has come of these votes is to propose new people in those roles that were already overworked whilst the majority of the originally empty roles continue to be unfilled.

Communication is the key Stu and there does'nt seem to be any these day's. I like yourself am only a club member but I can see the club numbers dwindling in front of my eye's, I don't know what's happening, what's planned for the future, there's no accounts published, no indication of how many paying members are left in the club. Even the vote is testomony to that, some 78 members have voted to date there may be a few more to come but as a club that equates to an income of £2340, I know in Scotland we have quite a few non-members who might consider a membership fee but not at £30.

I think the majority of commitee members both old and new try their best & do a sterling job but in the present financial climate we need to stop bickering get out heads together and come up with solutions to push the club forward or we wont have a club.

I hope whoever our new commitee members are both old & new can pull together as I am sure they will to take the club forward for many years to come.

Edited by bobbyc

Stu ive never met you so il reserve judgement on your own motives but you couldnt be further from the truth, theres no glory or glamour here just people who want to see the club grow and prosper.

the people your accusing of showboating have this year organised or help organise many of the events up here including the scottish national day at alford and fundraising throughout the year for santacruise, working quietly in the background giving up their own valuable free time for no reward - in fact Glyn(ballistic) donated his services as medic at Alford this year to ensure the charity fundraising tracktime could go ahead.

the reason if you really want to know we started asking what the committee was doing was that when we asked for a portion of the scottish supporters additional fee to make up some new promotional materials we were told the money wasnt there.

youve done great work with modernising true grip and im sure plenty of other good work that no one knows about but so have most if not all the RO's.

to be honest im at the stage where im sick of people backing theyre favourites not whats best for the club, after all if the RO's dont know about what the comittee's planning who's responsibility is that? we can only act with what were given and at the moment we're not given enough.

i hope this is all settled and we can move on quickly but i suspect theres been too much bad blood created for the club to remain whole whoever wins the vote

Stu ive never met you so il reserve judgement on your own motives but you couldnt be further from the truth, theres no glory or glamour here just people who want to see the club grow and prosper.

the people your accusing of showboating have this year organised or help organise many of the events up here including the scottish national day at alford and fundraising throughout the year for santacruise, working quietly in the background giving up their own valuable free time for no reward - in fact Glyn(ballistic) donated his services as medic at Alford this year to ensure the charity fundraising tracktime could go ahead.

the reason if you really want to know we started asking what the committee was doing was that when we asked for a portion of the scottish supporters additional fee to make up some new promotional materials we were told the money wasnt there.

youve done great work with modernising true grip and im sure plenty of other good work that no one knows about but so have most if not all the RO's.

to be honest im at the stage where im sick of people backing theyre favourites not whats best for the club, after all if the RO's dont know about what the comittee's planning who's responsibility is that? we can only act with what were given and at the moment we're not given enough.

i hope this is all settled and we can move on quickly but i suspect theres been too much bad blood created for the club to remain whole whoever wins the vote

Firstly, what you guys do as ROs is exemplary and has never been in question - don't doubt that for a second but this isn't about what you do as ROs - this is about the formation of the best possible Committee for the club.

My frustration (and ultimately my reason for choosing to post) comes from the statements to the effect of 'nothing has been done' when everyone, myself included, was given the opportunity to make change happen nearly a year ago - that was brought about by threads started by Scottish ROs keen for change yet when that opportunity was given, nothing happened.

My issue isn't about voting for favourites - I too believe in voting for the best possible person for the role regardless of history, reputation or indeed location.

In an effort to keep my point succinct, my concern is that despite having had the opportunity to facilitate change, the people that have been most vocal about that change, did nothing with it. Is a title or role on the Committee really going to change that?

I know my view isn't going to be a popular one and I appreciate where you're all coming from but I do feel that it needed saying. As far as I'm concerned, it's said now - take it or leave it.

In writing this, I run the inherent risk of being boring, upsetting patronising... the list goes on, so I'll say from the start that my intention is NONE of these.

Firstly, I think YOUR efforts, Stu, have been appreciated by all parties in respect of regenerating True Grip - albeit in a different form and with the advantages and limitations that that brings - One can never please everyone all the time. For my part, I think it's superb, but I would go further by saying that whatever happens to the committee, I hope that they give you the opportunity to carry on what you're doing for the club and that you're still willing to do so. That's sincere, Stu - as per our previous correspondence - and it's not intended to patronise or pre-empt anything or anyone.

Moving on...

I'm glad this election has encouraged a bit of debate and brought out opinions from the membership. But if no-one listens to that, why are any of us bothering about the club?

This election all stemmed from discussions between the Scottish ROs and the committee MANY months ago - the gist of which are contained in Dave's post above (scooby222). NONE of the ROs actions have been with destructive intent or to break up the club - if they had wished, they could have simply walked away and taken their meets and members with them. SIDC would simply die. (And no, that's NOT intended to represent a threat btw!)

But it's happening already as Bobby (bobbyc) states. We ALL know how many competitors SIDC has for membership, and I would hope that NONE of us on here want to see the club disappear. There are no shortage of posts going onto the forums, but few of these - relatively - are from club members. Why?

I'm afraid it will ALL come down to money, and PERCEIVED value for money. People don't feel the thirty-odd quid is worth it, and WITHOUT that membership and the associated "sense of belonging", they will drift. They already are and will continue to do so. This is not about personal glory or Scotland vs England... it's about the Club's survival!

It's a competitive world out there - other fora have moved on, but I fear that the PUBLIC face of SIDC is out of step. That needs to change, perceptibly and quickly.

An AGM was requested to see this through... but we were GIVEN an Election instead. If that's what it takes, someone - therefore - has to lose....

...And on MY watch, it will NOT be the Club!

Voted ages ago. Has to be said i keep checking in to see how it's going and there isn't really alot of votes been cast.. Less than 100 for each of the posts. Considering we're trying to revitalise SIDC and move forward i was expecting more members voting than that.

Could be a sign of how people feel about the club the moment though!