SIDC Members

Communication is the key Stu and there does'nt seem to be any these day's. I like yourself am only a club member but I can see the club numbers dwindling in front of my eye's, I don't know what's happening, what's planned for the future, there's no accounts published, no indication of how many paying members are left in the club. Even the vote is testomony to that, some 78 members have voted to date there may be a few more to come but as a club that equates to an income of £2340, I know in Scotland we have quite a few non-members who might consider a membership fee but not at £30.

I think the majority of commitee members both old and new try their best & do a sterling job but in the present financial climate we need to stop bickering get out heads together and come up with solutions to push the club forward or we wont have a club.

I hope whoever our new commitee members are both old & new can pull together as I am sure they will to take the club forward for many years to come.

Bobby if my figure of 731 members last year is right then that's a

turnover of £21,930.

Edited by Alastair
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I. Can't understand the lack of voting, we are voting to get the best people in place for us the members and less than 100 votes per post yet there are ment to be 731 members.. They must all be in protest and not voting.....

I can, theres only around 100 active members(if that!)in the club nowadays.

Right, now the poll has run it's course the votes have been cast the closing date has been and gone it appears we have a few new people to take the reigns.

Welcome BalliSTIc & thefastone as Membership Secretary

1. SHESCOOBY - Current (39 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. BalliSTIc & thefastone (52 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

And

STI Pretender as Chairman of SIDC

1. STI Pretender (48 votes [59.26%])

Percentage of vote: 59.26%

2. Frenchy (33 votes [40.74%])

What the hell was I think, I must be mad.

Well that's it offical I'm now the Chairman and can moderate you as I see fit.

Dunk is right although we have 700 odd members we have very few active. Membership wise Karyn was getting 30-40 per month, there are lifetime members that account for the rest.

Certainly the Scottish RO's have some good ideas for the club. We will be working hard to get a better understanding of the current position the club is in and seeing what we can implement to make it better.

We will all be working hard over the coming months and will be updating members on any news.

Well done to everyone thats taken over, MIGHT mean that the SIDC caravan/trailer will head north and make the shows more official!

I might even return to the meets after along time away and hopefully the scoob might be on the road again. In all the years I was a member (over tens years ago!) NOTHING was ever done for the Scottish side of SIDC, maybe now things will change and make it more even. In saying that we don't have the same number of shows and quality of shows up here as they do down south.

Good luck to all the new staff

Rice Rocket

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

That is quality!!

So lads and lasses - best you teach us shandy drinking southerners your wee Scottish tones!!!

Went to cameron house once - drank whisky from 10am until i fell over - had to sleep in the bath as i was a little sick lol!! good times!!

Ha lol nice one can't beat a nice Whiskey "Och aye the noo"

Kenny