welsho's old motor on fleabay

I'm not sure I see the problem here.

Ok the guy can't spell and has made some errors in his decription but not every is as gemmed up on these cars as we might be.

When it come to price I say good luck to him. If I could sell for more than I paid I'd do it too.

I personally don't have a problem with an individual buying something and selling it on for a quick buck - that's the guy's prerogative.

As for the state of the advert... aye, you're right - he can't spell - but even the worst speller can put a little effort into correcting his advert - i.e. at the very least re-read it, run a spell-checker over it, have someone else take a gander. I'm not a great speller myself, but I'd like to think I at least try to use the means available to make adverts readable :o

I dunno, when someone puts so little effort into an advert (or forum post or similar), it makes me start to wonder how little of keich they give about other things - e.g. the item they're selling, who they're selling it to. Prose like that shows a certain lack of respect for the reader, IMHO - "I can't be ersed with trying to be literate, y'all can spend your own time trying to figure out what I'm on about". Puts me right off!

Sorry if that was a bit of a rant... :blink:

Edited by Mystery Machine

I personally don't have a problem with an individual buying something and selling it on for a quick buck - that's the guy's prerogative.

As for the state of the advert... aye, you're right - he can't spell - but even the worst speller can put a little effort into correcting his advert - i.e. at the very least re-read it, run a spell-checker over it, have someone else take a gander. I'm not a great speller myself, but I'd like to think I at least try to use the means available to make adverts readable :o

I dunno, when someone puts so little effort into an advert (or forum post or similar), it makes me start to wonder how little of keich they give about other things - e.g. the item they're selling, who they're selling it to. Prose like that shows a certain lack of respect for the reader, IMHO - "I can't be ersed with trying to be literate, y'all can spend your own time trying to figure out what I'm on about". Puts me right off!

Sorry if that was a bit of a rant... :blink:

Kind of what i meant about the advert, wasnt having a pop at the guy for trying to make money on the deal but you also have to be realistic.

He's dropped the price to £11,500 for BIN, nae chance. Of course I'll be a bit annoyed if he gets that kind of dosh for it; annoyed that I didn't get more, not annoyed at him for attempting to make a profit. It was only a few days previous to putting the car on eBay that he sent me a text with some question about the rods and manifold. He bought a 321T turbo for it as well. He told me he took it too the mapper and my feeling is that the mapper has informed him that he can't run much more BHP on that engine without some more serious work being done on the internals (I meant to say to him that the gearbox wouldn't handle it either, I must have forgot), I could be wrong of course. He was actually saving a ton of money over his previous car; some limited ed RS6 with 480BHP, 9 miles to the gallon and 2 grand per annum for insurance. The Scooby is an economy car by comparison!

He was a really nice guy and appeared to love the car, but there you go. I wish I had it back :( at least my heart does but my head is well in charge on that score :)