Fatboy Is Dead

Dear All,

Yesterday afternoon I drove to Cambuslang to see my friend and let the bodyshop who built the fatboy know that S 666 OBY would be the cover car in Jap Performance.

Whilst approaching the Mini roundabout at the West End Bar on Glasgow Road the engine burst into flames and the car was quickly engulfed. Me and the passanger were lucky to escape with our lives, it was that quick. This was caused by the passenger side APS fuel rail splitting and for no other reason. The quality of workmanship on the car from Greers to SW has always been outstanding and I simply wont tolerate any rumor mongering or gossip.

I would like to thank Strathclyde Fire Brigade for showing up as quickly as they did, and The Police for being helpful and sympathetic.

Thats it. Its over, I am gutted. My romance with subarus is over and I shall not be modifying any more cars.

To those that I know its been fun but thats it, game over.

To the subaru rubberneckers who drove past, took photographs and didnt offer any help, shame on you.

Callum W

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear All,

Yesterday afternoon I drove to Cambuslang to see my friend and let the bodyshop who built the fatboy know that S 666 OBY would be the cover car in Jap Performance.

Whilst approaching the Mini roundabout at the West End Bar on Glasgow Road the engine burst into flames and the car was quickly engulfed. Me and the passanger were lucky to escape with our lives, it was that quick. This was caused by the passenger side APS fuel rail splitting and for no other reason. The quality of workmanship on the car from Greers to SW has always been outstanding and I simply wont tolerate any rumor mongering or gossip.

I would like to thank Strathclyde Fire Brigade for showing up as quickly as they did, and The Police for being helpful and sympathetic.

Thats it. Its over, I am gutted. My romance with subarus is over and I shall not be modifying any more cars.

To those that I know its been fun but thats it, game over.

To the subaru rubberneckers who drove past, took photographs and didnt offer any help, shame on you.

Callum W

Im a trifle upset at the moment, and not really in the mood to be posting pictures of my recently exploded car.

Hey Wilky, I thought that was a strange and rather unfeeling request also. Some people.........

Calum,

sorry to hear about this, i remember the car when Andy had it and then yourself. Glad you are both okay, cant imagine what it was like.

Alan

was sorry when I heard a scoob went on fire and gutted to find out it was the Fat Boy :angry:

not the kind of thing you want to happen to a friend, especially since you've invested so much in this special car.

Glad that you and your passenger got out safely, hope you cope with this ok and that the aftermath gets sorted quickly

can't imagine how you feel just now.

imy

x

Aaaahhh total rubbish. I remember that car from the Gathering, only dreaming that I could own something like it some day. Totally gutted for you mate, I know how it feels to see your pride and joy like that.

So glad you and the passenger are A OK.

I feel sick!! :angry:

Sorry Bro.

Building that car to what it was was one of the best things i have done with time and money and to hand the reigns over to you when i did was the right thing to do (and personally to the only person i really wanted to have it) as i knew you would carry on where i left off.

I really am gutted mate!

Callum W

That's just plain stupid, indeed shame.

Sorry to hear about the car as that is never good news, hope you are ok.

Sorry to hear about this, bad enough in a normal car but a car that has had so much time and effort spent on it just doesnt bare thinking about. I had a similar incident on my RA just after finishing building it for the first year of competing but I got lucky and it didnt catch so can totally sympathise. It does sound like a hollow statement but at least no one was hurt, as much as we love our cars they can be replaced.