Thank You Mr Plod

Got stopped and fined(£60) for the spacing on my no plate.One letter then a slightly larger space then the rest of the characters (So be warned) The lettering is standard ,they also said i should have a post code on it stating where it was made and also He said "kite mark".

"I am sorry but it does not fall into the category Where i give you a notice and for you to get it fixed and stamped at an MOT station"???????

"I know it's not just the fine ,you will have to get a new plate made up" :crying:

Get this "Are they as good as they say they are "Referring to the car my reply "Depends on what they say" :rotfl:

Not once did they look around the car for anything else ,just seemed to me a quick pull and fine :P I was not doing anything out of the ordinary as i had my wife and son in the car going to his Gran's.

How dumb can you be, the officer even agreed that it was easily readable and not made to look like something it was not......his words "it's a bit pedantic" :rotfl: You are telling me....

So guy's watch out.

I have looked at my fixed penalty notice and it has got the wrong street name down ie not the street that i got stopped on any advice???

Kenny

Edited by kennyuk300
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kenny,

I know where you're coming from as I know a lot of traffic guys (if it was a traffic cop?)that

say that if they can read it or ANPR will be able to then they're not bothered

BUT

traffic is black and white really, legal or not, and if you know your reg or whatever isn't how it

should be then there's always the chance you might get someone who is bothered etc.

Traffic do traffic stuff so they're more likely to be on the lookout etc.

Chin up :P

Hi Kenny,

I know where you're coming from as I know a lot of traffic guys (if it was a traffic cop?)that

say that if they can read it or ANPR will be able to then they're not bothered

BUT

traffic is black and white really, legal or not, and if you know your reg or whatever isn't how it

should be then there's always the chance you might get someone who is bothered etc.

Traffic do traffic stuff so they're more likely to be on the lookout etc.

Chin up :P

Was not traffic mate.....

Kenny

Well i have seen 4 people today on the phone, hand held whilst driving between Lanark and Carluke, one of them a dumbass blonde nearly ran into a slow moving car.

64 year old man can die of a heart attack chasing youths from his home!!

Coppers :P

I will freely admit the vast majority of police are spot on, it's just the 1-2% that make the other 90 odd % hated. Shame really.

Kenny feel for you, look on the bright side no points eh!

There have been a lot of traffic cops about lately, in particular there were 3/4 bikes on either side of the M8 around the showcase area with a marked 5 series sitting a few hundred yards before them doing the spotting I guess . . .

Airdrie area Kenny?

Some "normal" police are quite funny when they pull you, especially trying to preach Traffic Law only to be tripped up or belittled due to lack of knowledge.

Like the complete prat that had a go at me in the new Tesco at Bellshill for dropping the Mrs off just outside the FULL drop-off point a month or so back in the freezing fog at 19:00 on a Saturday night.

Let him have his say (with attitude I may add), flex his welks to the rookie in the passenger seat, before I pointed out it may be a good idea for him to switch his headlights on in such conditions before driving through a carpark and having a go at me for momenterily stopping to drop someone off!!

And some people wonder why people have a lack of respect for them at times.......

Edited by W88CHY
There have been a lot of traffic cops about lately, in particular there were 3/4 bikes on either side of the M8 around the showcase area with a marked 5 series sitting a few hundred yards before them doing the spotting I guess . . .

As if life isn't bad enough for motorists with the shambolic state of the roads, excessive costs for fuel, huge hikes in road tax and now pish like this!!!!! I have been pulled a number of times for mine and fined once but I was only fined £30. So does that mean that the fines have risen by 100%? I was told that I can get pulled and warned one more time, third strike I'm out. That means that I have to replace the plate with a regular one at my cost. I have a set of legal plates in the boot just in case. "Sorry Adolf, er I mean officer, I have a set right here, just not had time to put them on yet :P"

I got pulled the other weekend by traffic cops because my MOT ran out two days before. Luckily you only get a £60 fine. Next year I will pay more attention to my dates on the calender!

Another thing, why do cars need a front number plate yet motorbikes are exempt?

Why are police in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Got overtaken by a old dear in a silver Nissan Micra today in a 30MPH zone!!! Came up behind, tailgated for a while, weaved in an out three times before finally overtaking! :crying:

And no I aint making it up! Sooner I get the cameras fitted to the car the better!!! :P

[/Rant over]

Bit of a sod about the #plate though... But depends what the spacing was like.. If it was reading as somethgin other than what it actually was (by letters/numbers not beign in the appropriate locations) then makes sense.. The postcode and BS mark is right enough but minor really IMHO Good argument has always been if your car is stolen or whatever, it's much easier to trace if it has valid plates as ANPR and CCTV systems across the UK can easily pick it up and trace!

Was not traffic mate.....

Kenny

Really! Must have been traffic wannabes!!!

Most regular folk I know don't do that much traffic!

Best you can do is be as nice as possible and pass the attitude test.

You don't want traffic to do a complete vehicle check on you! :P

Edited by Richie Cross
I got pulled the other weekend by traffic cops because my MOT ran out two days before. Luckily you only get a £60 fine. Next year I will pay more attention to my dates on the calender!

Another thing, why do cars need a front number plate yet motorbikes are exempt?

because there is no where to put them that is safe

Got stopped and fined(£60) for the spacing on my no plate.One letter then a slightly larger space then the rest of the characters (So be warned) The lettering is standard ,they also said i should have a post code on it stating where it was made and also He said "kite mark".

"I am sorry but it does not fall into the category Where i give you a notice and for you to get it fixed and stamped at an MOT station"???????

"I know it's not just the fine ,you will have to get a new plate made up" :crying:

Get this "Are they as good as they say they are "Referring to the car my reply "Depends on what they say" :rotfl:

Not once did they look around the car for anything else ,just seemed to me a quick pull and fine :P I was not doing anything out of the ordinary as i had my wife and son in the car going to his Gran's.

How dumb can you be, the officer even agreed that it was easily readable and not made to look like something it was not......his words "it's a bit pedantic" :rotfl: You are telling me....

So guy's watch out.

Kenny

How annoying. Surely these guys have more important things to be worrying about

just ur luck mate ,a had 2 traffic cops on bikes behind me from hillington to pollock and thought am defo getting a pull for ma plate but they just sat behind me for ages then pulled off, ano how you feel with the regi plate law ma ex had a nissan almera bought new from arnold clark still had there original plate took it for MOT 2 year ago to be told the car hadnt passed ! said the regi plate was illegal as it didnt contain the post code or the BS AU 145d number apart from that it was fine load a S##T ! if you ask me just another way to rip people off :P

Really! Must have been traffic wannabes!!!

Most regular folk I know don't do that much traffic!

Best you can do is be as nice as possible and pass the attitude test.

You don't want traffic to do a complete vehicle check on you! :rotfl:

The traffic are more than welcome to look over the car ,everything other than the plate is legal :rotfl:

As i mentioned inprevious post Richie they had some sort of list they were looking through :P:crying:

kenny

As if life isn't bad enough for motorists with the shambolic state of the roads, excessive costs for fuel, huge hikes in road tax and now pish like this!!!!! I have been pulled a number of times for mine and fined once but I was only fined £30. So does that mean that the fines have risen by 100%? I was told that I can get pulled and warned one more time, third strike I'm out. That means that I have to replace the plate with a regular one at my cost. I have a set of legal plates in the boot just in case. "Sorry Adolf, er I mean officer, I have a set right here, just not had time to put them on yet :P"

you better watch if its a private plate John as third strike and you will be reported and dvla sieze your plate off you as you don`t actually own it.

Why did i not get a warning instead of a fine,thats not fair :P

He is right though John they can take the plate off you.....

Kenny

Yeah, I know. But without moving the space, the plate is meaningless. If they have it off me, so be it, it only cost £250. I don't get this dumb law; well I do, up to a point. Granted the letters have to be a certain size, a certain font and certain distance apart to comply with ANPR systems. However, not all plates comply with the XXXX XXX standard. I have seen plates containing as few as two characters on it - if moving the space along one is going to screw it up, then how does ANPR cope with these plates and thousands of others with similar (legal) designs?

Airdrie area Kenny?

Some "normal" police are quite funny when they pull you, especially trying to preach Traffic Law only to be tripped up or belittled due to lack of knowledge.

Like the complete prat that had a go at me in the new Tesco at Bellshill for dropping the Mrs off just outside the FULL drop-off point a month or so back in the freezing fog at 19:00 on a Saturday night.

Let him have his say (with attitude I may add), flex his welks to the rookie in the passenger seat, before I pointed out it may be a good idea for him to switch his headlights on in such conditions before driving through a carpark and having a go at me for momenterily stopping to drop someone off!!

And some people wonder why people have a lack of respect for them at times.......

Charlie ,it was in Glenmavis mate.

Kenny

Get this "Are they as good as they say they are "Referring to the car my reply "Depends on what they say" :D

So guy's watch out.

I have looked at my fixed penalty notice and it has got the wrong street name down ie not the street that i got stopped on any advice???

Kenny

must be my lucky day!got caught on 30th dec driving using my phone,got £60 fine and points.got the usual snidey lecture from pc plod.sent away money and licence last week.got got a phone call today from very nice lady at paisley jp court telling me that pc plod had put court code b instead of code a,therefore he has invalidated my ticket!so tomorrow i am going to collect my £60 and licence from office in paisley.cant believe my luck.if plod has put wrong street mate put a letter in with £60 and let them know, :rotfl:
must be my lucky day!got caught on 30th dec driving using my phone,got £60 fine and points.got the usual snidey lecture from pc plod.sent away money and licence last week.got got a phone call today from very nice lady at paisley jp court telling me that pc plod had put court code b instead of code a,therefore he has invalidated my ticket!so tomorrow i am going to collect my £60 and licence from office in paisley.cant believe my luck.if plod has put wrong street mate put a letter in with £60 and let them know, :P

Cheers mate ,i will be paying my fine at the Sheriff Court in Airdrie.I will tell them that the Street name is wrong.

Kenny