Thank You Mr Plod

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have made a mistake Kenny, refuse to pay! how can the charge you for an offence on street A when you were clearly on street B? you canne be in 2 places at once

Good thing about it Del is my Mum and Dads neighbour drove by when i was in the back of the police van,i waved to him from inside it :P

Kenny

I can't believe you've done such a thing Kenny, this is just rediculous....I mean what's the stats of a "real" crime taking place every 5secs and there's little you carrying out crime of the century :P .

I know a few police and they all say that minor traffic offenses are a major pain paperwork wise and given the amount they already have they tend to only stop someone if they've done something a little more worthwhile than a millimeter out spacing - reckon you've been unlucky to find a traffic wannabee getting in some practice.

Read through the paperwork carefully for any mistakes.

Cheers mate ,i will be paying my fine at the Sheriff Court in Airdrie.I will tell them that the Street name is wrong.

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

For yourself and anyone else that's interested, the only way the ticket will not go through is if

the amount and the court code are wrong I'm afraid.

That comes from a traffic Sgt.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

i got dne last wk by the a***holes,had a 3/4 plate on the front with standard lettering.not had any trouble by the traffic cops and passed them lots oh times,

then 2 biker *****s passed and stopped me,his exact words were "ure no getting away with a plate like that" :lol:

,told him i had the original plate in the boot,but was only interested in the fine,didnt look over the car or sod all,easy target ,

i wrote a letter of complaint stating i had the smaller front plate only on for a pic shoot and sent copies of the pics but was told it an offence so either pay fine or go to court,it was only my front plate i had changed,

dvla only take ure plate off the car if u get caught twice with the same plate.then u have to pay to get a new plate for the car

I don't know, I don't see what the fuss is here, you broke the law, as it stands, you got caught. It's a real bugger, but you know the rules, so just take the hit... Cheesy as it is, if you cant do the time, don't do the crime...

Same as speeding, if you drive above the legal limit, and get caught, whether you agree with the policy or not, you have still broken the rules...

Only thing that pisses me off about situations like this, is that the attitude test only goes one way, and some Police (I have been at the receiving end from some bloody decent coppers - Even when I got banned a number of years ago) think that they don't need to pass the same test... It is a public service at the end of the day, and sometimes a little bit of manners goes a long way, and people might not be so against them, for the sake of a few guys that let power go to their heads...

In fact, think yourself lucky, I know a few guys that have had run-ins with the local bobbies south of the city, for pressed plates (the VAG boys love their pressed plates) Spacing lettering, are all right, its just the material... the bobbies have been proper a***y about it, and actually ripped the plates off the car because they were not screwed on, but using the sticky pads, as far as I know, these are not illegal(?) confiscated the plates, and then, the coppers told them they are not allowed to move the car because it has no plates...

You may not like it, but you got off well light...

You may not like it, but you got off well light...

Whatever.

It is slowly, but surely getting to the stage that driving a car is crime. In fact, the green-lobbying, tree-hugging brainless twits already tar motorists with that brush. It's getting to the point where driving the car is actually annoying; dodging speed humps, negotiating traffic calming schemes (that make me rage in actual fact - oh the irony), dodging craters (AKA potholes), checking tints, nervously looking down at the speedos in town, through cameras, through school zones, on motorways, measuring the distance between numbers & letters, making sure there is a kite mark, don't have a badge on your plate, EXCESSIVE fuel costs, congestion because the road network has not scaled with the development and growth of car ownership, reduced speed limits without warning (70 - 50s on motorways), etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. and ETC.

Every time I venture into the car, my alert systems have to be on DEFCON7 for the duration of any and every journey. By the time I get from A to B I'm a quivering, broken wreck - a shadow of the man I was before I started the journey (being facetious for anyone with a sense-of-humour by-pass)!

Getting off lightly??? I think NOT!

Whatever.

It is slowly, but surely getting to the stage that driving a car is crime. In fact, the green-lobbying, tree-hugging brainless twits already tar motorists with that brush. It's getting to the point where driving the car is actually annoying; dodging speed humps, negotiating traffic calming schemes (that make me rage in actual fact - oh the irony), dodging craters (AKA potholes), checking tints, nervously looking down at the speedos in town, through cameras, through school zones, on motorways, measuring the distance between numbers & letters, making sure there is a kite mark, don't have a badge on your plate, EXCESSIVE fuel costs, congestion because the road network has not scaled with the development and growth of car ownership, reduced speed limits without warning (70 - 50s on motorways), etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. and ETC.

Every time I venture into the car, my alert systems have to be on DEFCON7 for the duration of any and every journey. By the time I get from A to B I'm a quivering, broken wreck - a shadow of the man I was before I started the journey (being facetious for anyone with a sense-of-humour by-pass)!

Getting off lightly??? I think NOT!

Now how can anyone follow that one :lol:

Always make me smile John ;)

Now how can anyone follow that one :lol:

Always make me smile John ;)

Got to say that i agree with Dale on this one.

There are complaints of people driving whilst on mobile phones which we all know is illegal and we accept that but we all know the law reguarding the spacing on plates. They are both illegal so we just have to accept it and move on.

( i have a smaller than standard fron plate btw :lol: )

Your opinion please,when paying a fine would there be any objection of handing over say £60 in small denominations ie 2p,1p and 5p peices????? :lol:

Kenny

LOL you are a funny man, tell us how you get on :lol:

They might make you count that lot into money bags before handing it over so joke would be on you ;)

LOL you are a funny man, tell us how you get on :lol:

They might make you count that lot into money bags before handing it over so joke would be on you :lol:

Good thing is Del i have got a few pounds in loose change ,i have not put it into the bank for a while ;) Most of it is counted into money bags anyway, ready to deposit :P

Kenny

Good thing is Del i have got a few pounds in loose change ,i have not put it into the bank for a while ;) Most of it is counted into money bags anyway, ready to deposit :lol:

Kenny

In that case i have a nearly new wheel barrow you could borrow for delivery :lol:

ha Kenny, that would be legendary!!!! Take pics!!!! :lol:

John, FFS mate, You sound so hard done by, I agree that there are so many things that do take away from the joy of driving, but mostly its all about town... I mean listen to yourself, You mention School Zones???? Mate, don't you have kids???? I mean really? Speed humps I detest, but I also hate People speeding past schools and my house... theres no win there... I'd rather that some knobhead wasn't trying to wipe out YOUR KIDS....

its NOT ****ING DIFFICULT to keep your car legal... not in the slightest... so stop bitching about it...

and I will at this time point out that on both my bikes, my plates were illegal. Blatantly. But I also knew that if I got pulled for them, then its a fair cop, I'm not going to whine about it, I know the law, I'll just take the hit for it...

Peace out! :lol:

(Oh, and edited to add: that I was said that you got off lightly I was referring to the Bobbies, some being infinitely bigger c*nts than others...) B)

Edited by thefastone
ha Kenny, that would be legendary!!!! Take pics!!!! :lol:

John, FFS mate, You sound so hard done by, I agree that there are so many things that do take away from the joy of driving, but mostly its all about town... I mean listen to yourself, You mention School Zones???? Mate, don't you have kids???? I mean really? Speed humps I detest, but I also hate People speeding past schools and my house... theres no win there... I'd rather that some knobhead wasn't trying to wipe out YOUR KIDS....

its NOT ****ING DIFFICULT to keep your car legal... not in the slightest... so stop bitching about it...

and I will at this time point out that on both my bikes, my plates were illegal. Blatantly. But I also knew that if I got pulled for them, then its a fair cop, I'm not going to whine about it, I know the law, I'll just take the hit for it...

Peace out! :lol:

(Oh, and edited to add: that I was said that you got off lightly I was referring to the Bobbies, some being infinitely bigger c*nts than others...) B)

I don't have kids, I have never tried to wipe out kids and I have never know anyone who has tried to wipe out kids. Now, deal with all the other points that were made and stop picking out an emotive instance and sensationalising it and trying to make me look the fool, I can assure you, I'm not

B)

heheh...

OK, so we have established that no one TRIES to take the kids out, the kids are just clearly lucky when one law dis-abiding citizen, who NEVER goes over the speed limit in town, just happens to have a lapse of concentration and be doing twice the speed limit through that school zone... oops...

Thing is John, we know its not you, we know you are not the one that will do that... but people DO speed past schools, its a fact of life, I've seen it happen, thats how accidents happen... are those traffic calming mesures really that bad then?

Or in that little street where kids like to play outside their house, the same street where people dont like the main roads because the council are muppets and wont deal with the congestion, so they take the rat-run instead... Only thing is, the people that are motivated to take that rat-run tend to do it because they are in a hurry, perhaps running late for that all-important meeting...

Oops... Was that a child...?

Did they mean to do it...?

I'm not trying to make you look a fool John, not in the slightest, I wouldn't, because I think of you as a mate, which means that I'm allowed to take the piss... :lol:

*Just for anyone reading please note that he's not ACTUALLY making that point - It's Just banter* :lol:

Nah, but on a more serious note, its not the fact that they are implementing the traffic calming measures, its more the way that they are implemented that's the problem I know that you and many others John have been hit by the speed bump destruction, all down to poor maintenance of the raods, when they are poorly maintained BEFORE they start putting down more measures that they cannot afford to maintain... its a vicious circle, but that does not mean that some of these measures do not need to be in place... they are there for a reason.

if you want to go fast, we'll you've seen me out... I cannot turnaround on here and say that speeding is all breeds of wrong, because my politics don't work like that, but theres a time and a place, a lot of people cannot get that sunk in, dont get angry at the gov. for implementing these measures, get angry at the dickheads killing kids...

By the same twist, number plate regs are there for a reason, and you have to make a concise decision to put an illeagal plate on your car. Would you bolt on a different turbo without thinking about the concequences of what could do to your engine? (on standard internals)

Engines are complex things, Number plates are not.

Yet like it or not, the plates are every bit as important as the engine. but for very different - very good - reasons...

C'mon guys we all know where this is going. Buy your government approved electric car that complies with every fcukin rule this a*** end of a government decides WE NEED AND PAY for then everything will be fine. You cant have that number plate on your car because it doesn't have this BS mark or that stupid mark on it - never mind illegal spacing of the frikin letters. Speed bumps - another piece of crap - i live directly opposite the primary school in my village and have on many occassions waved down the village fcukin idiot drivin past a 45 mph and launchin his chav mobile off the speed bumps where as i have to drive over them at less the 5 mph or the splitter gets done in. Ooooo, you dare to have a car that is different, oh well **** you, we will decide that you have to pay £405 a year for road tax because your car exhaust stinks, well **** you, go to fcukin Nigeria and see the polution pouring out of every industrial area there, or go to China and shut down all of the unrestricted power stations burning full blood coal FFS!

Rant over..............................ish!

I think of you as a mate, which means that I'm allowed to take the piss... :lol:

I was just taking the pee back B):lol:

C'mon guys we all know where this is going. Buy your government approved electric car that complies with every fcukin rule this a*** end of a government decides WE NEED AND PAY for then everything will be fine. You cant have that number plate on your car because it doesn't have this BS mark or that stupid mark on it - never mind illegal spacing of the frikin letters. Speed bumps - another piece of crap - i live directly opposite the primary school in my village and have on many occassions waved down the village fcukin idiot drivin past a 45 mph and launchin his chav mobile off the speed bumps where as i have to drive over them at less the 5 mph or the splitter gets done in. Ooooo, you dare to have a car that is different, oh well **** you, we will decide that you have to pay £405 a year for road tax because your car exhaust stinks, well **** you, go to fcukin Nigeria and see the polution pouring out of every industrial area there, or go to China and shut down all of the unrestricted power stations burning full blood coal FFS!

Rant over..............................ish!

Speed humps are ok as are calming schemes, within reason. I have seen both set up in tight streets with parked cars where it is impossible to drive more than 10mph anyway. One can clearly see that these measures are not borne out of safety, but are the product of surplus funds that are used up to enable some department or another to get more funds the following year. There are those huge square type lumps of concrete on some of the roads here and on those going past schools. The trouble is, buses can straddle them and do, and pass at silly speeds (for a bus). Also, the road that surrounds these humps are sinking and breaking up, in part because of shoddy workmanship and in part to lorries and buses straddling them. It's virtually impossible for me to pass these and if I do, I have to do so with extreme caution, if I get it wrong the underside of the car is dragging across them... I posted pics of underside damage to the car a while back on one of these. These measures are utterly senseless and help no one. In work if I don't crawl of the speed humps and brake on the way down, there is a sickening thud and the car hits them.

It is getting to the point that the only road-worthy vehicle is a 4x4 and a big ass one at that, especially now global warming has becoming global freezing and we are going to get lots more snow in winter B)

Yes a speeder will have an affect on other road users/pedestrians in a manner of means ,the spacing on a no plate hmmm will someone have a fit and drop to the ground if they see it ?What catastrophic disaster have i avoided by fixing the spacing????????

Has anyone read today's Sun newspaper? The article regarding Strathclyde police officers giving out fines for their bosses bonuses :lol:

Fine targets to achieve.........

Kenny

Not sure if its been mentioned but what if your car is nicked and then drives past a police car fitted with ANPR but because it cant read your number plate it drives straight past . :lol:

Exactly how does the ANPR work ,why would it not read my number plate???? :lol:

Kenny