What Lowering Springs

If you read the other thread, you will know that my COs are shafted so I need a solution. I haven't the time or patience to send them back to Tein for repair (especially when they don't give you a price up front!) so I'm thinking of putting the stock struts back on with a new set of lowering springs.

So, what to buy? I have ruled out Prodrive on account of the slightly higher ride height, so its down to Eibach V Tein (or any others?). So what does everyone suggest? I'd snap up a set of 2nd hand ones if they are going. Car is WRX MY06

Thank you!

Tein look ace, but the ride is sh!te on Hawkeye STi that I had... would be going Eibach if I had to do it over again.

Cheers,

Grant

I had the Teins before and I can't honestly say their was a marked difference with the COs. I think I talked myself into Teins LOL!

I had the Teins before and I can't honestly say their was a marked difference with the COs. I think I talked myself into Teins LOL!

Haha, well the ride on the STi Hawk was pretty bollox as standard.. but with the Teins fitted, I thought it actually got worse!! :P

Cheers,

Grant

I'd go Prodrive, even with the slightly higher ride height.

They are good, reliable, and designed for the car.

Brian :brickwall:

Haha, well the ride on the STi Hawk was pretty bollox as standard.. but with the Teins fitted, I thought it actually got worse!! :P

Cheers,

Grant

I've got tein lowering springs on my blobeye. They're about the same drop as prodrive ones and I'm impressed with the lack of body roll and seem quite plush over uneven ground too. Gets my vote :P

Eibach and Prodrives are very similar with the prodrives beign made to a slightly different specification, slightly better comfort and stiffness, but there's very little (if any) difference in ride height between the two.. AFAIK

I've got the prodrives on my bug and it's a BIG difference over standard.. But they wear our the shocks a fair bit quicker.. Looking at getting a set of BC coilovers at somepoint rather than replace the shocks.. (again)

Only thing about the prodrive springs is that I managed to break one within the first year but easily replaced with no fuss from dealer.. Must have been a one off as it's unheardof for these springs to break and it wasn't a usual place it split..

BTW - Minor thread hi-jack.. Now that a couple years have passed since people started using BC Coilovers, anyone had any issues with them? Anyones needed replacing/reconditioned ? If the'll need replaced every couple years I'd rather stick with replacing standard shocks every year.. It'd work out cheaper :P

Eibach and Prodrives are very similar with the prodrives beign made to a slightly different specification, slightly better comfort and stiffness, but there's very little (if any) difference in ride height between the two.. AFAIK

I've got the prodrives on my bug and it's a BIG difference over standard.. But they wear our the shocks a fair bit quicker.. Looking at getting a set of BC coilovers at somepoint rather than replace the shocks.. (again)

Only thing about the prodrive springs is that I managed to break one within the first year but easily replaced with no fuss from dealer.. Must have been a one off as it's unheardof for these springs to break and it wasn't a usual place it split..

BTW - Minor thread hi-jack.. Now that a couple years have passed since people started using BC Coilovers, anyone had any issues with them? Anyones needed replacing/reconditioned ? If the'll need replaced every couple years I'd rather stick with replacing standard shocks every year.. It'd work out cheaper :P

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/accessories.asp .Bc keep spares in stock

a had H+R springs on my V2 sti years ago asked Kenny Brown and thats what he told me to get at the time sat nice and handling was cracking, ano how you feel av been thinking the same way ma AST's could do with an overhaul one its knocking away goin over bumps think its £65 a strut to recon plus al need need locking collars old ones are seized solid there £18 so not to cheap lol plus cars gonna be off the road for at least a week tho al need to do it

I've got Eibachs on my wagon and really rate them. Decent drop, though not as low as Teins and comfortable ride. I asked Duncan's advice at Hypertech and he recommended the Eibachs to me over the Teins due to my circumstances (newborn in the family, so didn't want too harsh a ride).

Cheers,

Andy

I've got Eibachs on my wagon and really rate them. Decent drop, though not as low as Teins and comfortable ride. I asked Duncan's advice at Hypertech and he recommended the Eibachs to me over the Teins due to my circumstances (newborn in the family, so didn't want too harsh a ride).

Cheers,

Andy

I ended up ordering the Teins from Revolution £199 in VAT :lol: