What's Your Opinion On Satin/matte Paintwork?

I love this look.

matt%20black%20sti.jpg

I've considered it many times. Best option seems to be a vinyl wrap and then when you get fed up with it, or want to sell you just peel it off. I got it priced and £1k is enough to get a professional job.

If I wasn't trying to keep the car looking standard I'd defo have it done.

I just had a loooooooong trawl on the net for matte classics. Not many about but i did find a dude in the czech rep. who built and wrecked and rebuilt his track/rally car in matte black. Link to his thread below, pages 2 and 3 are probably the most interesting/relevant.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.ph...4043&page=2

I was thinking of doing a matte black for my car but decided more horses would be more fun! :thumbup:

tbh satin black isn't a costly job if you can paint cars... :thumbup:

i'm looking at about £200 all in for the paint and maybe 2 days prepping and 3 painting.....

i've went for a single stage satin.... cos 2 stage can have problems with the matte lacquer... with single stage its a whole heap easier....2 days prep and 2 days paint with extra day for unforseen issues..

that and my trade is auto body.... gonna do whole spray job myself...

will upload tutorial if enough interest.....

gonna hire a booth for 5 days..... so gives me 1 day extra for unforseen issues.... can get booth for £80 per day....

was thinking satin black with cusco ze zero graphics in white and red......white p1 style wheels... all opinions greatly recieved...

:thumbup:

I agree, 100% That's my next look for the car I think... and 1K is a great price! Who does it at that price Colin?

I just googled "Glasgow vinyl wrap" and it was one of the first hits. Guy is Glasgow based and has a picture of a merc ml done in satin on the front page of his web site. I think £1k is me rounding it up as well, could have been a bit lower.

I love this look.

matt%20black%20sti.jpg

I've considered it many times. Best option seems to be a vinyl wrap and then when you get fed up with it, or want to sell you just peel it off. I got it priced and £1k is enough to get a professional job.

If I wasn't trying to keep the car looking standard I'd defo have it done.

Looks the nuts Col, very stealth ! .... I think you'd be better off going this route before the wrap though..

;)

blackwideboy.jpg