Keith Michaels Insurance

Been with Keith Michaels for the last couple of years which as many people may know can be a bit frustrating when it comes to trying to get hold of Gary. Renewals also only came out with 2 days notice.

Switched to another insurer last month as they were almost £200 cheaper than KM with a lower excess for a like for like policy. Needed proof of my NCB to send on to the new insurer so Gary said he would send that out. That was a month ago and despite repeated phone calls, no proof has been sent.

My new insurers are now threatening to cancel my policy as I have not complied with their terms and conditions re providing proof of my NCB.

Edited by JamesM

i had similar problem! now with a-plan saved over £200 too! and as you said the excess is alot lower! when i did tell them i was not using them again this year i then finaaly got transfered to gary who then managed to almost match the quote but by then it was too late!

Been with Keith Michaels for the last couple of years which as many people may know can be a bit frustrating when it comes to trying to get hold of Gary. Their inability to send a renewal with more than a days notice was also amazing.

Switched to another insurer last month as they were almost £200 cheaper than KM with a lower excess for a like for like policy. Needed proof of my NCB to send on to the new insurer so Gary said he would send that out. That was a month ago and despite repeated phone calls, no proof has been sent.

My new insurers are now threatening to cancel my policy as I have not complied with their terms and conditions re providing proof of my NCB.

So Keith Michaels, run an insurance brokers, they couldn't run a bath in my opinion!

Monday morning rant over.

Not good service James :thumbup: . what I would do is call your current insurer and provide them with your old policy number with KM and a contact name and number and let them obtain it.

Gus

Been with Keith Michaels for the last couple of years which as many people may know can be a bit frustrating when it comes to trying to get hold of Gary. Their inability to send a renewal with more than a days notice was also amazing.

So Keith Michaels, run an insurance brokers, they couldn't run a bath in my opinion!

Monday morning rant over.

Iasked for a quote in September last year.Im still waiting.

I was quoted £900 fully comp from Keith Micheals for my Saab Aero. After members on here advising me on trying Elephant I got my insurance for £565!!

I think Keith Micheals were good back in the day, but after having a look over the weekend it seems as if insurance companies are becoming more competitive. I suppose they have to just now.

would you not have proof of your no claims on the last years policy notes

No, there is nothing in the paperwork, you have to ask if you want them to send you your proof of your NCB. Gary has confirmed over on Scoobynet that that is the case and they won't issue it unless you ask. However, I have now been in contact with Gary on Scoobynet and I think he will get it sorted for me.

Also spoke to a very nice man in Mumbai from my new insurer and they are going to chase up KMs direct.

My renewal this year came in only a day or so before it was up. Maybe I suffer from renewing just after Christmas.

My first post written in the heat of the moment ws perhaps a bit unfair. I will still give them a go in the future and they may offer me a price I can't say no to. This year however their best price was £670 with a £350 excess. For a like for like policy, Admiral were £480 with a £250 excess. For a pretty much standard car that probably isn't worth a huge amount these days, it was a no brainer.

Edited by JamesM

James - sorry it took a while to get the NCB out. Not sure myself what happened, as i don't deal with the paperwork myself (we have an admin department who are ment to do doing that).

Once again i do apologise to those who find it difficult to get hold of me.

The idea of 'ask for a manager and Gary will call you back' wasn't one i am aware of, but thanks for the tip off ;-)

James - sorry it took a while to get the NCB out. Not sure myself what happened, as i don't deal with the paperwork myself (we have an admin department who are ment to do doing that).

The idea of 'ask for a manager and Gary will call you back' wasn't one i am aware of, but thanks for the tip off ;-)

Cheers Gary.

Have edited the first post a bit as was written in heat of the moment and a bit unfair. I know you don't deal with this paperwork direct hence my follow up calls with your admin section.

Thanks again. :)

Glad you got it sorted mate, i have used KM for my Spec C, Hawkeye and now RS4, the RS4 is the same to insure as my Hawkeye but worth 16k more,

Crazy i know but i am not complaining ,lol

Gary is hard to get hold of but i have genearlly got hold of him and even a PM or thread on Scoobynet gets him quiker sometimes.

Mac

I was quoted £900 fully comp from Keith Micheals for my Saab Aero. After members on here advising me on trying Elephant I got my insurance for £565!!

I think Keith Micheals were good back in the day, but after having a look over the weekend it seems as if insurance companies are becoming more competitive. I suppose they have to just now.

We are still VERY competitive on performance cars, but on 'normal' cars we don't even attempt to get close to internet prices.

Other companies have always been competitive aswell. However, by looking after our schemes we can always remain competitive, rather than be cheap for a year or two then have to raise prices due to high claim stats.

Gary,

It was only by chance that i found this out as i needed to get to you urgently and tried leaving messages but got no reply and the guy i spoke to on the phone said he was your manager and assured me you would call back straight away. As i said you have given great service during the time i have used KM and the prices you got me for the 350z were very competitive:-)

Chris