Waste Of A Series Mcrae

Looks brilliant and i agree, definetly the way they should be. I was only jokin about the kawasaki paint, was bored earlier and nobody took the bait.

Only thing that annoys me about my P1 is the splitter, i really dont like it. Its got 22b bonnet vents on now tho, that and carbon mirrors like on my old Terzo will be the only changes. Best left standard. One of my favourite cars on this site is Imy's RA, looks brilliant.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping this'll work, I'm my iPod.

This is my Series Mcrae & IMHO how Ltd Editions should look ie Standard!!

IMG_2608.jpg

;):):D totally with what you said LTD edition cars should no be raped like this, i couldn't give a rats erse if they own the car, distasteful.

Car Rapist

:D:P

So all special editions should be left bog standard?

So if I rip the interior out of my RB5 and fit a multi point cage I will be slagged off on here? :)

May also actually fit a spoiler that actually causes downforce as well im doomed now ;)

Also I have already cut away half the P1 front splitter and fitted a FMIC

Also have P1 wheels at the moment as well

So if I rip the interior out of my RB5 and fit a multi point cage I will be slagged off on here? :)

May also actually fit a spoiler that actually causes downforce as well im doomed now ;)

Hang your head in shame :D

Can't speak for anyone else here but for me yeah.. I see the fun of fitting a roll cage and stuff but why not get a regular Impreza and do it from that.. The special editions are special because of their identity, if you start muckign around with them then they loose that identity.. Ok it potentially becomes a one off which makes it more exclusive, but you can do so same modifications to a standard impreza, why ruin what was already a special edition.

I'm not against modding, My bugeye doesn't exactly have the same styling as it had when it left the factory...But I will confess, I do have a bit of a fettish for the special editions. ;) Maybe the odd modification here for brakes/suspension things that help maintain the cars quaity over the aging years, but their sole identity should remain.. If it didn't have the option of a fat exhaust, BIG scoop or silly lights when new then they shouldn't be fitted with them! IMHO

P.s. SCZScoob - Car's lookin shaweeet!.. We really need to try get some local group shots this year!

It's ok m8 as it's only a RB5........ knock yourself out :D

RB5's are in my opinion are the best of the UK bunch as far as looks go, apart from the P1.

I'm pointing fingers at the numpties who look like they've crashed their car right through Halfords front window and reversed out with the styling department attached. Every person who has defended that car has done it for a reason, but not one has been because it looks good.

Braveheart has a highly modified exterior on his Scoob which isnt my cup of tea, but thats not to say I dont appreciate the work and effort that has gone into it. I also know its a very well looked after car from his posts on here so it says to me he aint the chavvy type to drive up and down the road like a fanny outside my house at 4 in the morning.

The car posted definately 110% is that type of car I see in the "How many bams can we fit in 1 car" competition in Glasgow City Centre at the weekend. I was crashed into and nearly killed by idiots like that so excuse my stereotypical view on it.

I rarely like standard factory cars of any type,I usually look at a standard car,that I may love the look of,but most of the time think,,oh yes,looks great but,maybe different wheels,or change the skirts/splitter or whatever,but heavily modified cars are like it or hate it alot of the time.

That car isnt heavily modified as far as scoobs go,yes from what it was when it left the factory,but its quite normal styling except for the paint.It looks sh*te in my opinion,its not 1992 anymore,when that kind of paintjob was on the cover of Street Machine magazine.That paint would look naff on any car,let alone a ltd edition.Obviously someone likes it,otherwise nobody would have chosen to paint it like that.

Shame,I really dont like seeing wat is/will be a rare car getting spoilt.Hopefully an enthusiast will buy it and return it to factory spec...

I rarely like standard factory cars of any type,I usually look at a standard car,that I may love the look of,but most of the time think,,oh yes,looks great but,maybe different wheels,or change the skirts/splitter or whatever,but heavily modified cars are like it or hate it alot of the time.

That car isnt heavily modified as far as scoobs go,yes from what it was when it left the factory,but its quite normal styling except for the paint.It looks sh*te in my opinion,its not 1992 anymore,when that kind of paintjob was on the cover of Street Machine magazine.That paint would look naff on any car,let alone a ltd edition.Obviously someone likes it,otherwise nobody would have chosen to paint it like that.

Shame,I really dont like seeing wat is/will be a rare car getting spoilt.Hopefully an enthusiast will buy it and return it to factory spec...

;)

Holy crap, the further up Scotland you go the more expensive it becomes. I feel sorry for those in Orkney who will be scrambling to buy it at a mere 15k!

Thats why i went to down to Newcastle to get my WRX instead of getting one around Moray. Saved abot £1500-£2000 on what they wanted up here for the same spec car!

As a bonus checked out autotrader and my car seems to be worth what it was when i bought it 14 months ago.

Well if my car was gaining or even a stable value i would understand but even a mint RB5 is only worth £6k.

I would possibly get £5k if I was lucky ;)

It will be getting a cage shortly and il be aiming for it to be a RB500 later in the summer :) Remember to stick antifreeze in it :D

Edited by Dipsy
(1) I get told i have chav light's thats even off my friend's

(2)but they drive Nissan Datsuns i mean GTR Skylines

(3) i always say to them get use to it that's all they ever going to see is my rear lights ;) Chris..

:lol:

Let me answer these in order

(1) Friends??........think you are mistaken boyband! :D

(2) Nissan Datsuns??.........what one is it? Datsun is NOW Nissan, so if you are attempting a wind up then just say Datsun (although most of us don't give a toss cos we can accept our heritage) :P

Here to prove it is my Datsun with it's older brother Datsun B) -

3543517771_e5ae5be206.jpg

(3) That may be so.........until you breakdown 300m along the road! :)

;)

Let me answer these in order

(1) Friends??........think you are mistaken boyband! B)

(2) Nissan Datsuns??.........what one is it? Datsun is NOW Nissan, so if you are attempting a wind up then just say Datsun (although most of us don't give a toss cos we can accept our heritage) :P

Here to prove it is my Datsun with it's older brother Datsun :P -

3543517771_e5ae5be206.jpg

(3) That may be so.........until you breakdown 300m along the road! :)

:D

Had a small chuckle there didnt mean you when i said friends lol see you for Green Beans your shout....oh i did mean about the rear light's tho ..... :D fair comment about the breakdown tho he he

:lol: