What Mods For 2010

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Was wondering how people are getting on with their mods as we get to nearly a quarter of the way through the year. Completed already, changed plans - adding new ideas or ditching other ones ??

For me - brakes done, and talked a lot about the whiteline bits & required items for 340bhp but not done anything with those yet.

Was looking at when my 6month oil/water change was due, and realised the cars has done a whole 1200miles in the last 6 months - ooops, if going to spend the money on it better use a little more !!

Edited by C_WRX

I said to myself that i wasnt going to spend any money at all on the car this year :lol: but that didnt last and i bought a simtek ecu with launch control and anti lag B) . Thankfully it was a great price secondhand i should hopefully be able to sell my apexi power fc, apexi avcr and z32 maf for more than i got the simtek :D

mods?....hmmmmm.........same as last year,and the year before that and the year............................................................................

............NONE!.....this year i will mostly be putting in petrol and fixing those things what squeeze the pad thingies that makes me stop.

Exhaust - check

Induction - check

re-map x 3 360/380 - pending

dump valve [kid misses his whoosh] - mmmmmm

power steering mod - pending

AST suspension [ mibbies] - might might not depends on h r

Del please tell (there could be a poem there)The kid in which you are reffering.............COULD IT BE YOU B) ??????

Kenny

I said to myself that i wasnt going to spend any money at all on the car this year :lol: but that didnt last and i bought a simtek ecu with launch control and anti lag B) . Thankfully it was a great price secondhand i should hopefully be able to sell my apexi power fc, apexi avcr and z32 maf for more than i got the simtek :D

You not keeping the avcr Paul? I did when I went simtek.

Original post

Well I was thinking off selling but have decided the RB5 will be staying since I got bored between crimbo and new year and bought a few very expensive parts rolleyes.gif I have the engine now all I need is trasmission to cope and I will hopefully have a RB500 biggrin.gif The car will also be going off the road for a few shortly while I get rid of the rust and give her a full respray wink.gif

I have actually stuck to the plan and the car has come off the road and this is how it looked this morning

RB5mar25.jpg

just got a new project classic so plans will be :-

matte black paintjob

paint the wheels white or somethin lairy (cerise)

either cusco graphics or something drift stylee

then onto some subtle engine mods (if there ever was such a thing lol)

New underwear for when im on High Boost B) i said im not spending anymore on the car that was maby not true ...to be continued

LOL good effort Mcrudden...........

My mods for the year.....

wide arches

wider wheels

type R rear axel

Rear brembos

side exit exhaust

more weight loss

digidash

35 billet.....................all being done now

Later this year...........

Even more weight loss (must reach 1000-1100)

sequential gearbox

turn the cossie inlet around

set up time with andy mckenna and some driving lessons

poss new suspension setup

My mods so far are:

(Buy new STI from Gav @ Ian Grieve, Falkirk)

STI Mats, bootliner and clear bumper protector (to be fitted)

18 STI Lusteric wheels & Dunlop P9000 Sport tyres (17's stored ready for the winter & some winter tyres)

Fog Light Kit

Winter detail by JKP Detail

Prodrive spring kit & alignment by Progrip

PPP pack fitted (the ECU is now mapped at Prodrive)

Rear parking sensors (and colour coding by Burgoynes)

STI Quickshift kit

Interior Dimming Compass Mirror (waiting on one part to be fitted)

Double Centre Console Box

Rally Armor flaps w/ red logo's (to be fitted when the weather improves)

Perrin roof aerial

Prodrive Battery Clamp, Oil cap and gearknob

Oh - and bought way too many cleaning products, waxes, Autosmart bulk stuff, foam lance, new pressure washer, brushes, towels, cloths, etc

Dear God - this looks ridiculous when I look at it now...need to keep this list out of wife-sight?!?!

Brian...

Mine is get my new car and try not to spend too much on it for at least a couple of months or my overdraft may go on fire!

Brian.

this made me laugh, aye right Brian :D

Just re-reading this post Imy - oh dear - how true!

Edited by WRXMANIA
LOL good effort Mcrudden...........

My mods for the year.....

wide arches

wider wheels

type R rear axel

Rear brembos

side exit exhaust

more weight loss

digidash

35 billet.....................all being done now

Later this year...........

Even more weight loss (must reach 1000-1100)

sequential gearbox

turn the cossie inlet around

set up time with andy mckenna and some driving lessons

poss new suspension setup

Nice one mucker look forward to seeing this beast in action not long now Damien 35 billet exellent choice young man you have got me thinking again lol......... :wub: stay safe