How Good Is Scottish Scoobies ?

Since I wasn't around here during the "Good ol' days".. I'm curious... What made them so great compared to today? Not looking for arguments or whatever, genuinly curious to find out what I missed and maybe.. Just maybe see if we can bring some of that back?.. I loved the look of that HUGE meet... Hoped the SKye run was going to be the same level.. Good event, but wished there was more numbers.. ;)

I think people are guility of looking at things through somewhat nostalgic eyes. There might have been a bit more humor back then but the forum is extremely strong with some great and indeed very helpful people about.

That said - I can see John's opinion in myself though - my interest in the car has waned somewhat which is probably only natural as I've had it 5 years now. It's been a busy year for me with other things going on and I've not been to nearly as many meets or trackdays as I'd really have liked to either, but at the same time I've not busted a gut to get to ones I might have been able to make.

Since I wasn't around here during the "Good ol' days".. I'm curious... What made them so great compared to today? Not looking for arguments or whatever, genuinly curious to find out what I missed and maybe.. Just maybe see if we can bring some of that back?.. I loved the look of that HUGE meet... Hoped the SKye run was going to be the same level.. Good event, but wished there was more numbers.. ;)

The place had some humor as well as all the other stuff that it still has just now. I cant mind the last time i had a good laugh at anything on here or there was a thread that made me spit tea over the laptop. :)

This isnt a dig at the site it just how i see it.

The place had some humor as well as all the other stuff that it still has just now. I cant mind the last time i had a good laugh at anything on here or there was a thread that made me spit tea over the laptop. ;)

This isnt a dig at the site it just how i see it.

I often get a good laugh because my sense of humour lends itself to the type of humour that's going around (I find MM as well as others to be very witty). Personally, all this chit chat about "Winston this and Winston that" and "goats this and goats that" didn't crack a smile out of me; I simply did not find it remotely funny. Sorry to all goat and Winston fans, but it's just not me. Banter and the like, is usually a by-product of meeting people and getting to know them. This is very apparent after a run or an event when you read the comments in the ensuing thread. So my point is "meet people". Perhaps Winston and his goat was lost on me, because I was not a part of that group.

I think SS is a great forum. I have been to many others, but have never found the variety of topics nor the speed at which people post responses to questions anywhere near what we have in here. It's not just car-queries you get replies to, but cameras, computers, legal advice... you name it, some smart a55 has an answer! What more do you want???? Ha!

I think people are guility of looking at things through somewhat nostalgic eyes. There might have been a bit more humor back then but the forum is extremely strong with some great and indeed very helpful people about.

That said - I can see John's opinion in myself though - my interest in the car has waned somewhat which is probably only natural as I've had it 5 years now. It's been a busy year for me with other things going on and I've not been to nearly as many meets or trackdays as I'd really have liked to either, but at the same time I've not busted a gut to get to ones I might have been able to make.

Stephen, you forgot to mention one other thing... I happened to notice your interest in the car wane and a lack of attendance at events when a certain Nicola got involved with you :);)

Well for what it's worth i think this is a great site and so is Aberdeen Scoobies! I don't get the chance to attend many meets but i enjoy the ones i do attend. As some of you know the Skye run was not the best of fun for me (fcukin lorry) BUT i still had a great time when i was taking part (appart from following a neep and getting lost ;) ). Even the nightmare that was the Indian meal was a laugh and driving home at 50mph all the way to Cruden Bay from Skye (6hrs)was a laugh (OK, i'm lying now). Getting passed on the dual carriagway by a HiLux towing a caravan was a laugh............not!

People make of things what they want, or what they are, and that can't be changed. But as has been said already if you don't like it, f*ck off somewhere else and moan!

Edited by hosstheboss

its true though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

i find that straight after the big fall out with scoobynet and subsequent(sp) move to here it was all good at first, however i think that the general banter and commitment from ALL people on here has waned(me included), i have attended a few meets and hope to do more in the future.

I find scoobynet a better place usually and more technical and general questionsl stuff is answered quicker on there, thats only my opinion.

I also go on scottish scoobies.net as well and find that a more livier although younger crowd.

This is not a dig at anyone on here as i am extremely proud of the charity work done on this site by the few and the RO's etc have all to be commended.

Just my tuppence worth.

Mac