Humped Gearbox/ Mapped Fatboy

Well as most of you will know I had the the car mapped on Monday.

It all went very well however Ive managed to hump the six speed gearbox with the torque.

Im glad this happened before we switch to the bigger injectors and start chasing the boost.

Defo well into the 500 club, and looking forward to easing into the 600 club. Once the new injectors arrive.

Thanks to Uncle Steve Whitson for the late nights, and to Uncle Andy Forrest for taking on the new ECU, Im sure you will both be pleased with how its all gone so far.

I cannot commend the build quality enough, its absolutely awesome, thanks Steve.

Callum W

Well as most of you will know I had the the car mapped on Monday.

It all went very well however Ive managed to hump the six speed gearbox with the torque.

Im glad this happened before we switch to the bigger injectors and start chasing the boost.

Defo well into the 500 club, and looking forward to easing into the 600 club. Once the new injectors arrive.

Thanks to Uncle Steve Whitson for the late nights, and to Uncle Andy Forrest for taking on the new ECU, Im sure you will both be pleased with how its all gone so far.

I cannot commend the build quality enough, its absolutely awesome, thanks Steve.

Callum W

Well Callum gald you got the results mate, Stevie W does A1 work not that i am bias or anything, the proof is in the results of his builds, what your plans for the gearbox PPG possibly?? hope to see this beast in action soon.. ?? best of luck mate hope you sort it asap..and crank up that boost :)

Chris

Defo well into the 500 club

Callum W

I'll say. With that masssssssive blower and maxing out that fuel system I'd say that was never gonna be in any doubt. What I can't say though is how much torque it must be putting out to mash a 6 jdm speed in less than one tank of fuel. :)

Top marks for raising the mental bar again mate. Can't wait for the full boost version.

I smell a PPG calum :)

Joe

PPG 1st and 2nd is only rated for 400 (derated since all of the failures at last years SSO)

PPG 3rd and 4th is only rated for 600

Question is what does he replace the 6 speed with? Think Lateral use uprated 5 speed gears in a six speed case in the bannana, maybe worth looking into this for future proof

PPG 1st and 2nd is only rated for 400 (derated since all of the failures at last years SSO)

PPG 3rd and 4th is only rated for 600

Question is what does he replace the 6 speed with? Think Lateral use uprated 5 speed gears in a six speed case in the bannana, maybe worth looking into this for future proof

There are a few options out there. First job is to repair the 6 speed which is in hand, and to understand we have a limitation. Second is to have a look at what's available in the USA and to look at shipping costs. failing that I'll be digging deep and spending alot of time offshore in the Gulf of Mexico to foot the bill for what I have in mind.

I love a challenge!

callum

Forgot to add....... your wee trumpets look the dogs danglies :huh:

Aye the wee trumpets are are rather nice, having been on a good number of years Im used to wee trumpets.

The screamer pipe is pretty feckin outrageous sounding!!

No Stephen the Fatboy is staying in Scotland and will serve my lust for speed on this side of the pond.

I have my iron in another fire as far as cars are concerned in the USA!

Callum

Edited by Wilky
Are you going to go for a 'bang bang' box, a sequential hardcore, serious money box??

IMO this car is transforming into The Gobstoppers Newage Brother with the brilliant looks, mega sound, serious spec etc. :D

Cheers,

Grant

Thank you for your kind comments Grant Im humbled, all credit should however go to Steve Whitson, he built it I mearly supplied the money and talked with him about what we were going to do.

Well the gearbox problem turned out to be a snapped driveshaft and a collapsed bearing which have now been replaced.

Ive driven tha car all day and even at only 1.6 bar its an animal, In fact Im off out in it again!!

Callum

Good news indeed Callum.... Chuffed to bits for you !

I'm guessing the drive up the road however was a tad more entertaining and slightly noisier than the trip down ?

ps: the mcdonalds went down a treat , esp in the new comfy bus :D

Frank

I'm glad the shaguar has gone to a good home.

you got any plans for the interior callum, and whats a screamer pipe

Genuine prodrive WRC seats on the front but no cage.

When you have an external waste gate you can either recirculate the bled off exhaust gas back into the up pipe or just VTA with a mini exhaust known as a screamer pipe. Some silence it some have it straight through. I like the phantom boak it gives and have kept it straight through. On boost it's really ASBOish.