Humped Gearbox/ Mapped Fatboy

Unsure of your location @ present Callum but give me a bell if you are in ABZ - we MUST get some decent fly by and in car footage of the rally slag for YouTube consumption ......

Callum Im back in Louisiana again.

The car is in deep storage again being fettled and honed once again, handling, ALS and LC are all being looked at along with seating arrangements the gears and driveshafts, needless to say like so many others I have become a driveshaft collector!

The Tein coilovers are just too brutal for the power, and they need reconditioned. G Mac and myself went testing on our private Island which has really poor roads and it was silly, we must have hit the roof with our heads about a dozen times. I need something that I can stiffen up and ease off as I need it so I think Steve has a solution from Whiteline who are on the ball incidentally.

The width of the car combined with the size and type of tyres is really making the car grip, thats why Prodrive widened them in the first place and it really does make a huge difference, but at the cost of driveshafts and understeer, the torque just wants to eat them. I have a few suggestions where to get uprated ones but budget and other things needed on the car first will dictate when I get round to doing that. Understeer, well that seems to have been cured for the time being and a track session will show up any shortcomings there when I get round to it.

Finally the gearbox, a snapped driveshaft led to a collapsed bearing, its all fixed now and in all I think it was just a case of bad luck, however when we add another dollop of power and torque I have no idea how its going to handle it, not very well I imagine.

I have been thinking outside the "box" (Pardon the pun) on this one and think I may have come up with a solution, however Im saying nothing until it actually happens incase it turns out to be a load of tripe.

Thats all I can think of just now.

Callum W Not to be confused with Calum or Callum the Gun.

Callum " Did you see the flame that just shot out from under the car?"

G.Mac " sorry, missed that one, specks nearly flew off ma face when I hit my head off the roof"

I wish my car stuck to the road like yours, even at my previous power level I think i would have spun off backwards into a hedge in a ball of flames in those slippery wet conditions

Graeme