Guinness World Records 2010

• 2 weeks later...

Following on from the earlier thread ... I was in Borders tonight ... reading books for free as you do.

Page 194 of the 2010 edition says that the worlds largest mosaic of cars was formed on 7th March 2009 by a group of Subaru enthusiasts in Japan as a tribute to the Subaru heroes, including Colin McRae. Around 3,500 m2 and/or 339 cars (ish)(not a stickler for detail me). Not to detract from their admirable thunder, but by my estimation, this is somewhat less than that set last year which was probably more like 8000 m2 and 1086 (?) cars ...

The comments at the bottom of this page says it all ... http://www.rallybuzz.com/subaru-largest-car-mosaic/

Well done to Scoobies in Japan ... but ... harrumph. Did someone forget to tick a box on the application form?

Still got my limited editions print and some good memories ;)))

thats just crap ;)

Guiness World Record werent the easiest or cheapest organisation to deal with but I'm going to follow this up.

here's a scan of the certificate that we were presented at Warwick,

the "1,068" number was based on an estimated sketch and we were told we'd get a revised one stating "1,086" as thats the number of subarus that made up the mosaic on the day.

we were also told that the main criteria for entering the printed book would be a photo showing the record attempt and we definately got that for sure.

GWRcertificateSCAN.jpg

Seriously considering asking for a refund of the money paid, some £2000 plus to get that moaning face git along for the day.

How can they have the World Record when we had 1086 formed into something legible, that is just a mishmash of cars and can only claim mosaic in the loosest sense of the word.

Starting to think that the whole Guinness Record thing is one big sham

Seriously considering asking for a refund of the money paid, some £2000 plus to get that moaning face git along for the day.

How can they have the World Record when we had 1086 formed into something legible, that is just a mishmash of cars and can only claim mosaic in the loosest sense of the word.

Starting to think that the whole Guinness Record thing is one big sham

;) what a joke and not a very funny one either :P

Cheers Iain

http://picasaweb.google.co.jp/carmosaic/SU...WEB?feat=email#

The link to the set of photos I found.

Not seen the 2010 book but all the searches on the net bring up the McRae Gathering record. I found those photos by pure chance.

I would be seriously following it up with the GWR people and getting them to explain what the dickens is going on. Especially when £2k was paid to get them there on the day.

Makes me wonder what else is wrong. This is the only one I've any kind of knowledge of and suspect

it's a bit random to be a one off!

Was quite looking forward to getting a copy for posterity.

Think it's wrong to ask for 1086 free reprints?

It will depend on the contract BUT theoretically, they'll have to print a retraction and reissue every single copy they've sold so far but like I say, it'll depend on the T&C's... they'll most likely have a clause in there about non liability in the event of errors.

Thats Weak...

Looking at that diagram, there should be 345 in that "mosiac" that looks nothing like a mosaic, but actually the proof says that theres 338...

Clearly The Guinness book people have have a few Guinnesses too many, and are as a result, NOT good at Maths...

Edited by thefastone