Which Car For The Usa?

Okay as Im sure y'all know im in Louisiana for the foreseeable future.

I have a company pickup truck however thats the A to B car and I need something to tinker with in the mahoooooosive garage my house has.

So heres the short list and how Im thinking, any comments both sensible and non sensible welcomed.

a. New subaru Impreza STI with all the whistles and bells - been there done that, wrote the book. But I do like driving them.

b. The new Dodge Challenger SRT8, In Hemi Orange, 440bhp of muscle car. - I would supercharge it with a bolt on kit/ecu and get @ 580bhp.

When the nazi staff car was mine I loved the instant torque a V8 gives you.

c. 78 Trans am in Black and gold ala Smokey and the bandit - Mass produced, plenty good restored ones around fairly cheap instant kudos and endless street cred.

d. 69 dodge charger "general Lee" - rare, expensive hard to find but highly desirable. 440ci of hemi heaven. This is the one my heart wants but a restored general lee replica is very very expensive.

e. Save my money and just drive the truck around.

I throw it open to the body of the kirk.............

Where about in Louisiana are you? I worked in Morgan City for a while...was an interesting place!

There wasnt many cars around when I was there just pick-ups! Whatever you buy it wont need to go round corners much as there arent any!

Roush Supercharged Mustang??

Or this!-

S6000265.jpg

This used to deliver pizzas to our hotel, driven by a local redneck who looked about 95!

b. The new Dodge Challenger SRT8, In Hemi Orange, 440bhp of muscle car. - I would supercharge it with a bolt on kit/ecu and get @ 580bhp.

When the nazi staff car was mine I loved the instant torque a V8 gives you.

If this is the car Hammond had when they done the speed runs on the salt flats then go for that. Superb noise for a beautiful motor car.

F. Import the wide boy :thumbup:

failing that got to be bandit or general lee

I would love to import the S9, its just a nightmare of a minefield to bring an import car into the USA.

The Trans am is more in the disposable cash price bracket.

im with Col, mustang in roush or saleen flavours

but otherwise id go with the charger,just looks and sounds so great -although a hemi powered mk2.....

Would need to position the hemi way too far back into the tunnel to balance the car.

Its looking like I had better grow a moustache unless anyone else wants to justify why I should wait and save for the sweet sound of dixi.......

Now if as I suspect you are in Lafayette you will need a good aircon and a car that corners "cos those bayou roads got curves come on." Get along to your local Sports Car Club of America branch and see what those guys have got for sale. The do a lot of "autotests" which are big car park sprint type events and great fun.

The moustache will add too much weight BTW!