Engine Oil Prolong

Alright guys

As some of you know sold the scoob and picked up an M3 yesterday now im looking to do an oil change on it just for piece of mind even tho its only half way thro its 15k service interval,

Iv been hearing lots of good reports bout the Prolong range of stuff and iv tried the octane booster and it worked really well knock was right down with it,

so thinking there engine oils could be a good investment as they put a gaurentee on the engine that the oil will help it and not damage it

as long as the car is under 100k miles.

I also have it on good authority that GP Motorsport have now become a dealer for the stuff in Scotland (So am sure the Cusco Kid will have a deal or two)

Any of you guys tried it?

Cheers Greig

I am currently using Prolong AFMT it is the base product that all the Prolong lubricants are based on, you can add this direct to any oil, engine, gearbox, diff etc it is 100% compatible, this would allow you to source an oil seperate then add the required amount of AFMT to your oil, or you could just buy the ready mixed option from Prolong the choice is yours, all I can say is that the stuff really works :thumbup:

Cheers Iain

I am currently using Prolong AFMT it is the base product that all the Prolong lubricants are based on, you can add this direct to any oil, engine, gearbox, diff etc it is 100% compatible, this would allow you to source an oil seperate then add the required amount of AFMT to your oil, or you could just buy the ready mixed option from Prolong the choice is yours, all I can say is that the stuff really works :thumbup:

Cheers Iain

hi ian thanks for the reply m8

chers geo

Alright guys

As some of you know sold the scoob and picked up an M3 yesterday now im looking to do an oil change on it just for piece of mind even tho its only half way thro its 15k service interval,

Iv been hearing lots of good reports bout the Prolong range of stuff and iv tried the octane booster and it worked really well knock was right down with it,

so thinking there engine oils could be a good investment as they put a gaurentee on the engine that the oil will help it and not damage it

as long as the car is under 100k miles.

I also have it on good authority that GP Motorsport have now become a dealer for the stuff in Scotland (So am sure the Cusco Kid will have a deal or two)

Any of you guys tried it?

Cheers Greig

seems to be pretty good stuff mate, im sure dunc at hypertech is a dealer for this stuff too, worth giving him a shout.....

oh, and wheres the pics of the new car??

Edited by sma01

Cheers Iain

What do you mean it "really works"? More power, less oil use, less deposits, engine still in one piece? By what measure would you say you've seen an improvement?

What do you mean it "really works"? More power, less oil use, less deposits, engine still in one piece? By what measure would you say you've seen an improvement?

+1

how did your oil not work in the past and how has this improved it?

Edited by paul555sti

+1

Have to say, I'm pretty curious about this too...

Fairly certain that the Mobil stuff (from the stealer) that I'm using really works too, because my engine hasn't blown up... so that makes it just as good right?

Nah, but serious, I'd like to know...

Ok here goes, firstly prolong AFMT is not an oil treatment it is a metal treatment that uses the oil as a carrier to get it round the engine, from all the advert bumf it claims to bond at an ionic level with the metal components within the engine and effectively reduce friction and heat etc, the reason I tried this product was to try and reduce the piston slap I had on my ver 3 sti after its rebuild, I had tried all sorts of oil of various viscosity and ended up using a 5w50 fully synthetic which gave the best results, but the piston slap was still there only not as bad as with a 10w or 15w oil, I then looked into the Prolong AFMT I was at first very sceptical about it but after reading into it they have been around for ages and have loads of good feed back, so I bit the bullet and decided to give it a go, I mixed a batch up with my 5w50 oil at 15% to make the required 4.5 litres to fill the engine after a full oil change, then started the car up and let it warm up, at first there was no real difference and decided to take it for a bit of a run, whilst out on the run the engine responce was smoother and sharper than normal especially the turbo responce (visible on Apexi Avcr) and when I returned from the drive and had a close listen to the engine the overall noise was greatly reduced even on cold start the following day, if I had to put it in % how much of an improvement it had on my piston slap/engine noise over the oil alone it would be atleast 70% better. I can honestly say it is no placebo effect it really does seem to do what they claim it does, I will be trying it in my gearbox/diffs very soon too as it can be added to any oil :thumbup:

At the end of the day if it was no good or I saw no improvement I would not have posted up in General how good it was.

Hope this helps

Cheers Iain

Ok here goes, firstly prolong AFMT is not an oil treatment it is a metal treatment that uses the oil as a carrier to get it round the engine, from all the advert bumf it claims to bond at an ionic level with the metal components within the engine and effectively reduce friction and heat etc, the reason I tried this product was to try and reduce the piston slap I had on my ver 3 sti after its rebuild, I had tried all sorts of oil of various viscosity and ended up using a 5w50 fully synthetic which gave the best results, but the piston slap was still there only not as bad as with a 10w or 15w oil, I then looked into the Prolong AFMT I was at first very sceptical about it but after reading into it they have been around for ages and have loads of good feed back, so I bit the bullet and decided to give it a go, I mixed a batch up with my 5w50 oil at 15% to make the required 4.5 litres to fill the engine after a full oil change, then started the car up and let it warm up, at first there was no real difference and decided to take it for a bit of a run, whilst out on the run the engine responce was smoother and sharper than normal especially the turbo responce (visible on Apexi Avcr) and when I returned from the drive and had a close listen to the engine the overall noise was greatly reduced even on cold start the following day, if I had to put it in % how much of an improvement it had on my piston slap/engine noise over the oil alone it would be atleast 70% better. I can honestly say it is no placebo effect it really does seem to do what they claim it does, I will be trying it in my gearbox/diffs very soon too as it can be added to any oil :P

At the end of the day if it was no good or I saw no improvement I would not have posted up in General how good it was.

Hope this helps

Cheers Iain

I am really glad I took the time out to explain my findings to you guys :thumbup:

Cheers Iain

Have to agree with Iain on this one

As a sceptic on additives, due to working in the Car industry for a long time. I met Mike from Prolong UK a while back and was asked kindly to try some of the AFMT and asociated products (Octane boost and MPG+) Now whilst i've only the Ibiza at the moment. I've tried AFMT in both the engine and gearbox and have to say for the first time this is an additive that works (well first one i've used that does).

Iain explained his findings in an earlier post and have to say he was spot on. My SEAT runs far smoother, pulls better and that's without the octane boost. The MPG+ added to the tank and I'm now returning over 40mpg! Before I was lucky to get 35mpg. I only find the shift a lot nicer and easier! before it was like shifting in a truck!

Well worth a try in my opinion.

I am really glad I took the time out to explain my findings to you guys ;)

Cheers Iain

lol thats grattitude for you :D

Next time dont bother writing out a big reply just tell them to source there own info :thumbup:

Edited by RA Dunk