Mcrae Gathering Presentation

The rescheduled presentation of funds to Jimmy McRae will take place on SUNDAY 9 AUGUST 2009 and hope that you can make it.

It will take place at CHESTER RACECOURSE, Chester, Cheshire.

Although we've moved it away from Lanark, we felt Chester is an appropriate venue for the finale of the Gathering.

I know it's further for us to travel to but hopefully you can make a weekend of it.

Doors open 12 noon and the presentation will take place at 1pm.

More info will be posted on our new look website http://www.mcrae-gathering.co.uk/ once the details have been ironed out and finalised.

For those that can't wait until August, Grant has done a little photo montage of the event just to keep you all excited :thumbup:

imy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chester random? :thumbup:

dude, Chester Racecourse is where Colin McRae won his 95 World Rally Championship.

not sure what you mean about "anything else happening that weekend", our thing is going to be a half day shindig, but likely to be minimum one full day if you count the travelling to and from the venue.

we wanted to move the handover away from Lanark, didnt feel it was right to get a whole bunch of Subarus up there given the accident report.

Aye, site looks good... :thumbup:

Yeah so anyway... Chester seems like a completely random place to hold this event. and a real long way to go from here for a couple of hours...

Is there anything else happening that weekend?

Dale listen to the clip on the gathering website it will become clear why its being held there.

I cant listen to it at the moment... Curiously, I never actually realised that it was there... fair one, makes sense... :thumbup:

Yeah only reason that I asked if there was anything else happening, is that its a 5-6 hour drive minimum from here Ive done the drive often enough when I was living down past there... thats a long way to go for an afternoon... I'm not trying to be offensive about it, sorry if you take it that way... I was just asking... :blink:

Edited by thefastone
...Yeah only reason that I asked if there was anything else happening, is that its a 5-6 hour drive minimum from here Ive done the drive often enough when I was living down past there... thats a long way to go for an afternoon... I'm not trying to be offensive about it, sorry if you take it that way... I was just asking... :blink:

aw pet :thumbup:

no offence taken.

i know its far for you to travel, but its the best alternative to Lanark thats still McRae-related.

New Gathering site lookin good all cred where its due...Just watched Grants wee montage glad to see a couple of my pride and joy in there :thumbup: (good job that man!!) just reminded me how proud and privileged i was when i was lined up waiting to be the first car in the saltire flag,and after to be told that my car was featured in pics on the swrt site too....still makes me proud to say i was there and part of it all..........its the least i could do and my personal tribute to my boyhood hero,well looking forward to infact cant wait for the Mcrae Gathering Presentation.

The original date for the hand over ended up clashing with the release of the accident report into the Mcrae crash.

Aaaaahhhhh thats why It was, well I guess that makes sense, didn't know that was the same date, but then my grasp of dates, is slack at best, doesn't help having no sort of routine at all.... I'm having to constantly check the date, because I dont have weekends, I dont do anything during the week, and the other half is a shift worker... so all in all... stuff like this, escapes me...

Cheers for pointing that out Paul. :thumbup: