Knockhill Today

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get them up cal was your cam front or rear facing?

P.S was many scooby drivers getting fuel cut i was getting it big style out the hairpin unless i went really early

once i got to a baw hair over the half tank

I go the same today thought I'd grabbed 4th then realise I was under half a tank, topped the tank up and everything was ok again.

Was only managing 5 lap stints as discs were warped. Great day and good to meet a few new faces.

Think I'll concetrate on improving the handling as was catching the Lotuses on the straight but they were leaving me in the corners.

Great day today, big thanks to JohnS.

Also good to catch up with everyone again.

Lots of good photos already.

No doubt more will appear. There seemed to be groups of photographers on every corner.

Car ran really good today ................ just wish I'd taken my slicks as the weather held out, even though it was soooooooooo cold.

Just watched the videos from my rear facing camera.

Managed to hold off the R8 for 6 laps. He was about 50m behind me and couldn't close the gap, right up until my fuel was that low it started to splutter and I had to slow up.

And unless I was on an out-lap or an in-lap, that was all that passed me. :thumbup:

Good to meet you today Mr Crank.

Here's a couple of my personal faves from the day. Will post the rest up when I've had a chance to batter through them all. Loved the lens I'd hired. Really shouldn't have used the IS on it so much as I wanted to try and test it without! Getting away with a 1/40 hand held shot is a very good feeling indeed!

(Images removed, see here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/st3ph3n/sets/72157616043591144/ for the entire collection in bigger sizes)

My short report

4 hours seemed to zip past but I had some awesome fun considering it was my first time out.

Engine and brakes are superb but the standard suspension needs to go in the bin. I was all over the shop under hard acceleration post apex on occassion. Just does not feel planted enough despite the drop links & stiffer ARB. The brakes on the otherhand are 100% fade free ! Never had any dodgy moments with them.

The 5 speed box was giving me grief at the hairpin as 2nd was high up the rev range by the exit of the hairpin meaning I had the snatch 3rd the minute I was in a straight line.

Got some pretty decent footage chasing other Scoobies & it's gojng on Youtube just now

Downers for me :-

Pit Lane being closed means that the chances to exchange chat, battle tales and be more of a community dies a little...

Barely spoke to a sole all day with a few exceptions.

TMIC scoop decided that it might come off so I took it off as a precaution ( thanks to the Sti Pretender for help in holding the bonnet in the mental wind)

Was good to get a chat in the Powmill Milk Bar at the end

Footage to follow in due course.

Thanks for all the piccies to date - much appreciated and great skills as always

Cheers

Cal

p.s note to self - get decent suspension set-up !

he sure was lucky my helmets fitted with peltor intercom and so drowns everything else out lol

na he was keeping me right

Good to talk to you the day Scott

hope Dunc gets the beast running soon

lol... hes done a fair few track days so the advice and tips would be good im sure :)

hope so too, all the stuff should be here end of the week/start of following week so fingeres crossed.

stopped in to see him on way back but he was kinda busy with the dyno, sam the dentist was there mapping a fiesta with an evo engine in it....sam had turned up with his mechanic in a R34 GTR skyline, the thing looked mint, apparently around 800bhp :thumbup:

get them up cal was your cam front or rear facing?

P.S was many scooby drivers getting fuel cut i was getting it big style out the hairpin unless i went really early

once i got to a baw hair over the half tank

make the next mod on the list a swirl pot mate :thumbup:

I saw it happening, I think you've been really lucky, it could have been a lot worse.

From what I saw the tyres seemed to act as a ramp that put you over the banking.

I really thought it would have ended up much worse. Was a big fright opening my eyes to see blue shy with clouds!

Had an interesting day today, first time i've had to use the full slicks on track. Would have been better if i'd engaged brain before engaging first gear! Been warned umpteen times by JohnSt to friggin' warm the tyres up before any serious cornering.............exit "shoot the freak" on the first corner........off ...mud .......kitty litter.....mud,mud............"wakey,wakey, ya ****ing muppet!"

Like dumber and dumber i decided that if the SIPC had missed it the first time i would re-enact it ......me and "dufus dip" didn't quite see eye to eye today (and by the looks of it i wasn't the only one)

50 cars , looked like it would get congested out there, turned out to be very well orchestrated and extremely well behaved.

craig.

nice photos SIPC.

I take it the marshalls finally let people go further than mcintyres in the end? Wanted to get some shots nearer the chicane so was annoyed we weren't getting through.

FPC spoke nicely to the guy, the marshall was ok as long as we stuck to the fence (away from the rally).

Guest CRAIG D

WELL IT WAS A DECENT FIRST HOUR BEFORE I HEADED HOME AS MY REAR DIFF DECIDED TO GIVE UP WITH A RATHER HUGH BANG.

MANAGED TO SCRAP THE CAR TO THE M90 WERE I GOT PICKED UP FROM THE AA.

tHANKS TO THE SQUIGGLE & CO FOR POP OVER AFTER I CAME BACK FROM THE TRACK. IV GOT 2 NEW DIFFS ALREADY SO IL BE BUSY 2DAY AND SHOULD HAVE THE CAR UP AND RUNNING BY TONITE

:)

make the next mod on the list a swirl pot mate :)

Fuel surge is always a issue on KH at the hair pin unless you have more than 1/2 tank.

So dare i say it "Swirl Pot is your friend" but you will need an external pump too.

Scot.....i hope my/your car will be ready for the next event.See you then