Seat Install

when you next in falkirk and ill point a few places out for you and im sure i have the correct eye bolts here a few anyway

Dunno mate, its not one of my regular haunts :rotfl: I'll have a look on those sites you mentioned see what I can come up with - Cheers!

Edited by TheWelsho
cool out of interest is it not bigger than m10?

No. The bolts holding the seats in place at the back are two different sizes. The one going into the transmission tunnel is bigger than the M10 1.25 ones going into the other side. Dunno why that is, but I'm sure there will a good reason for it. I got a few sites with rally supplies etc. and I have sent off an e-mail to one supplier selling eyebolts asking if they can supply the size I need.

Cheers :rotfl:

No. The bolts holding the seats in place at the back are two different sizes. The one going into the transmission tunnel is bigger than the M10 1.25 ones going into the other side. Dunno why that is, but I'm sure there will a good reason for it. I got a few sites with rally supplies etc. and I have sent off an e-mail to one supplier selling eyebolts asking if they can supply the size I need.

Cheers :rotfl:

the one for the other side as in closet to the door can you not fit an eye bolt to the lower mount for the seat belt you just need to remove the plastic surrounding it?

You asked for confirmation and that's what I and others have done.

You still can't see why it's wrong can you ?

Yeah, that's why I'm taking out the eyebolts that are attached to the plates with the hole in it, and replacing them with eyebolts that screw straight into the floor.

Colin, what if I take a wee trip to let you see them sometime and you can give them the once over? I can't take them off coz I have no seatbelts! :laughing4: the clips came out with the original seats! So I'm stuck with them. Lemme know if you have a spare 5 mins - ;)

I'm by no means an authority but more that willing to cast my eye over your setup or let you compare it with mine. Just so you know I have both harnesses and the OE seatbelts so have the best of both worlds. Even if it gives you some ideas it could be worth it.

Welsho

Why are you doing all this?

If it's a road car but you do the odd track day, why bother?

Go on track, have your fun and go home.

If you're going to go down a route about being serious about competition, set the car up to suit the sport you want to participate in.

Modifying what manufacturers spend millions developing and testing for durability and the key word safety, isn't to be disregarded, just to make a car look good and allowing you to play at pretend rally driver.

Soz if that sounds nasty or a put down, we all love our mods and i'm not trying to demean your enthusiasm in any way, but in terms of safety, don't muck about with it. IIRC you had 3 bolts on your wheels at some point in the past ? Same thing. The manufacturer put 5 on there for a reason. don't accept anything less.

Edited by AlanG

Sorry mate, but I cant help but feel those metal loops look a bit dangerous. Security is obviously paramount in your mind, when it comes to your life and anyone elses you shouldnt take any chances. I'm an Agricultural engineer, and even the seabelts in the machinery are far better restrained than those look, imagine what your face would look like when those ping off...wouldnt wanna give up those handsome looks so quickly would you!?

Edited by StewartyBoy
Its a bold move mate i couldnt give up the comfy seats.

Are they alot lighter, or was it for the looks? :laughing4:

They are are a lot lighter about a third of the weight I'd say, maybe less. I got them for looks and for improved holding on the track. I'm getting used to the seating position, but once I work what to do, I will have it tilted back eventually ;)

• 3 months later...

Out of curiosity, I was looking at possibly replacing seats in my Hawkeye WRX.

How did you get around the plugs / sensors for the side airbags and the weight bladder thingy under the passenger seat "occupant detection system" which works out how hard to deploy the passenger airbag? As soon as I unplug mine, the "airbag" light comes up on dash (which woulf quickly annoy me).

Out of curiosity, I was looking at possibly replacing seats in my Hawkeye WRX.

How did you get around the plugs / sensors for the side airbags and the weight bladder thingy under the passenger seat "occupant detection system" which works out how hard to deploy the passenger airbag? As soon as I unplug mine, the "airbag" light comes up on dash (which woulf quickly annoy me).

I just run around with the light on. I thought it would be a pain in eye, but doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• 5 months later...
Unplugged mate :icon_salut:

John,

Thanks for point this out - interesting.

Where are you at with the harnesses now?

You mention tilting the seats, have you done this yet?

Just my 2p on the harness mount, you gotta listen to these guys, if you haven't already, that one with the hole is gonna do zilch in even the slowest of crashes.

Bet you wish you never sent the link now buddy! LOL!

Catch ya soon

Barry

John,

Thanks for point this out - interesting.

Where are you at with the harnesses now?

You mention tilting the seats, have you done this yet?

Just my 2p on the harness mount, you gotta listen to these guys, if you haven't already, that one with the hole is gonna do zilch in even the slowest of crashes.

Bet you wish you never sent the link now buddy! LOL!

Catch ya soon

Barry

Baz, just have the harness on the drivers side with the same set up. And I havent tilted the seats back yet ;) Kinda lost interest in the car for the time being...