Had A Test Drive In The 08 Sti Today

After everything thats been said about the new shape evil seed that is the new impreza I love seeing everyone back down from there original statements........lol

Having said that I gotta say as much as I loved my scoobs( and I did) its pretty apparent that they are flawed and the new one still ugly as sin. Subaru wanted a slice of the Focus/Astra market and made it look like one and Im sure its a great car to drive but its so generic.

If I had the money for a RS4, Id buy a E93 M3 with DCT box.

Neil all I can say is yeh Scoobs are good but you are allowed to move on.

*flame suit on*

Apologies for this, but I'm a bit puzzled as to why someone buying an RS4 because the new Impreza is ugly causes such comments - is this not like a Top Gear comparison, given the price difference, or are we talking new Impreza Vs pre-owned RS4 ?

At the end of the day, personal choice is a wonderful thing & the RS4 does look impressive, but the 4hero's STi looks good as well. Me, well I'm waiting for Wednesday to arrive, when I receive the 'keys' to a 330S, but that's my choice & time will tell if I should've got a Prius instead :thumbup:

Price-wise, there wouldn't be much in it between an 06-07ish RS4 and a new STi with a few choice extras... but the ownership experience is likely to be very different. Like others have said, you've wanted the Audi for a long time now and those pictures above would certainly convince me, that black RS4 looks amazing!! :thumbup:;)

Cheers,

Grant

Edited by RS Grant
Slept really well last night Derek, nothing to do with the beer though ;)

Not a huge convertible fan to be honest, but it is nice!

Cheers,

Neil.

:shutup: having drove both the convertible and the saloon both are great drives but the saloon wins easy more bhp and go cart handling also like the new sti in white so go with your audi mate :o:o:thumbup:

Used to work for Audi, and all I can say is that everytime I pushed START the roar of the V8 gave me a poke-hardy. The power and the grip is immense just like the Impreza but it really does feel a lot more special than our Jap machines. RS4 for me, its just unfortunate they didnt get the balance right on the original MK1 Avant RS4 because what a beast that Bi-turbo was!

The RS4 is very special, spent last weekend driving the in-laws one. I love the start up as well, that V8 is awesome and the handling is ridiculous and theirs is the avant. They've also got the special paint option (metallic dark purple) which looks amazing.

What I would say is that after a while you do not realise just how fast this car can go as it is effortless and I guess that is why I still love my MY07 STi as it gives me the kick in the a$$ that the RS4 doesn't. Never less I still enjoy driving the RS4 even if it's just on the odd occasion.

I've got my radar still set on the RS5 but will have to get her in doors on side :thumbup:

Edited by Boyakasha
Thanks for the info guys, it certainly does sound amazing. I'll just need to drive one now to see what it's like :lol: Never even been in one, so really looking forward to it!

My cousins mate had to sell his due to "worrying about killing himself" :thumbup: Bring it on!

There are a couple of essentials to look for, make sure it has the bucket seats as the in-laws got the optional 'wide ar$e' Recaros which suck. Obviously the full Sat Nav but there was also an option on the suspension and you could get uprated sports suspension pack as well but this was not widely known. Oh and if you manage to find one with ceramic brakes you're laughing.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a big cheesy grin after your first test drive.

Marc makes an important point - linear power delivery seems quite dull after you've been used to a kick - I found my 2.5L PPP'd WRX was stealthily quick but lacked the boot up the jacksi that I love .....

Having said that.........the noise of that engine would give me serious wood every time !

Love & Lag

Cal

Having drove all my modded version of scooby and a RS4......what can i tell you

The Audi is a lovely car and typically German.....solid build quality and a very good place to be in.You just can't better the Germans for cars i think but it doesn't feel as fast as a remapped V8 STI and i've race 1 at crail a couple of times and i was JUST a little quicker.

If you haven't owned 1 and can seriosly afford it then why not....you should sample all things in life that you can afford.

It might be dear to service and up keep but i'm sure you can afford if you can buy 1 in first place.

Life and lets life i say.

But for me...i'll stick to my scooby and smoked the lot of yous!

I too had a hankering for Audis a few years back but a few test drives convinced me otherwise. I have done a few miles in a S6 and it was very fast and smooth but it didn't have the chuckability of a scoob. I wasn't enterrained by it as it just did what it was told in an efficient manner. Haven't tried a RS version but because there is such a price difference I knew i was going to stick with the scoob. The only thing that might tempt me would be a M3 or another Alpina but that is only because I know how to drive RWDs. :lol:

How many on here have gone Audi only to come back to scoobs?

The only thing that might tempt me would be a M3 or another Alpina but that is only because I know how to drive RWDs. :lol:

Forgot to mention that my brother has a E46 M3 and i personally think the BMW is both quicker and more entertaining to drive but can get scary if you are not a RWD guy.

Saying that i love all things German car wise...

So its still your choice mate.