Some Photos From The Alford Sprint

Nobody get lost?

Not looking at any white Subarus in particular. :P

I decided my time was rubbish and wanted to check out the off road capabilities of the car, found it handles not to bad on the grass and steers round them big hay bails a treat :)

Cracking pics as Usual John the first one is a cracker :guinness:

Edited by Arch

Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated :)

I've not published the shots of some white Subaru's taking unconventional lines (well apart from Arch on the grass), I'll maybe exchange them for pax laps at some point :guinness:

John

PS The photo of JohnSt's car in full size is very good - the small version uploaded doesn't do it justice.

Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated :)

I've not published the shots of some white Subaru's taking unconventional lines (well apart from Arch on the grass), I'll maybe exchange them for pax laps at some point :guinness:

John

PS The photo of JohnSt's car in full size is very good - the small version uploaded doesn't do it justice.

Always welcome in the passenger seat John, you should have come for a 'Hurl' the other weekend

Very nice shots John, I especially like the first one! :lol:

I wished I could make, it, but I never got back from Holland till after 4 on Sunday so no point in trying to make it out... I probably wasn't fit to drive till later on also... but that's another story... ;)

Thanks John, I'll have to take you up on that offer at some point :lol:

Are you sure you want to do that? If you do then make sure your are in mine first dont want my seats stained after you have been out with psycho bob ;)

Arch,

I've been in quite a few quick Imprezas over the years, including a full Group N spec car driven flat out on a forest rally stage - that was the scariest yet. AlanG's old car around Knockhill was also great fun and very fast - even with the fishtailing coming out of the hairpin :thumbup:

I'll take to the pax seta in your car first though, to warm me up for the full onslaught :iagree:

John

John,

What camera you using; the 400 or the 40?

Jools

Jools, upgraded from the 400D to a 40D earlier this month. It's the lenses that make the big difference though with an SLR. Most of these were taken with long(ish) lenses, namely a 70-200 and a 100-400.

I'll be selling the 400D in a while once I get around to getting the box out of the loft etc.

John,

I thought it was the 400D which we were all talking about when we had the original SIDC member gathering at the house a couple of years back. Cammy, Willie, Colin and Neil all had similar kit too as I recall. Anyhow I have been given an Abz camera shop voucher for my birthday which will get me the 400D or even the 450D. I am thinking about throwing in the extra and going for the 40D. Was in the states a few weeks back and bought a 55-250 mm lens c/w IS in preparation for the buy. Bit odd explaining to the shop sales man ‘I don’t have a camera’, but I want a decent lens :D

Be home tomorrow pm for the next week. 616 ARL will be sat at the airport carpark ready and waiting. Must find the spare keys tonight :shutup: Heading to Inveness Sunday pm and then over the Ord to Caithness to visit family Monday, so we will get some miles on the car on some decent roads :blush:

Cheers,

Jools

Jools, give me a shout and we can maybe catch up at some point. I don't have any of your numbers any more, as I lost all my contacts when my phone was stolen in Trinidad.

At that great party at your house when we all met up, Neil had just bought a 5D, and Simon had the 30D which had just been released at the time. I later bought the 400D which was excellent for learning with.

John

Be home tomorrow pm for the next week. 616 ARL will be sat at the airport carpark ready and waiting. Must find the spare keys tonight :D Heading to Inveness Sunday pm and then over the Ord to Caithness to visit family Monday, so we will get some miles on the car on some decent roads :blush:

Cheers,

Jools

Jools - thought you might be home already as the Scoob was spotted heading from Kintore to Blackburn by me about 2 weeks ago - though it might be you............... but unless you hair colour has changed, I'll assume it wasn't :shutup:

Russell

ps - car was sounding sweeeeeeeeeeeet - on-boost heaven!