Just Back From Port Seton

Well thats me back in from getting the car mapped and I have the worlds biggest cheesy grin right now. :D

The car now looks to be putting out about 310 bhp and 300 ft/lb torque now which is a nice we bit of power. Power comes in earlier and now it pulls all the way to the redline. Best surprise of the day though was the car already had an ecutek licence so I saved some money woho!!

Thanks Andy for doing the electronic magic and thanks to all the mad lot in the OSIDC who are pretty much responsible for this happening. If I hadn't met you lot who knows... maybe I'd actually have some money in my accounts instead of me modifying the car.... scratch that i'll stick with the car.

I really don't see me doing any more power upgrades any time soon as i would be delving into gearbox and internals territory however with the money saved i do feel some more whiteline goodies calling me.... :D

Now going to go rest for a bit as I may have taken a slight (ok major) detour on the way home via the A708 (think september 2006 and June 2007 runs) just for the fun of it and im now shattered. Yes it did eat what was left of the v-power but I didn't care.

Ian.

cheers guys.

power wise its now got a vf-28 turbo. 2.5 inch decat exhaust. sti 5 intercooler with samco hoses. uprated nkg plugs. walbro fuel pump and as much of shells finest v-power as it needs. all makes for a very happy owner.

have also got an sti8 sytle scoop to force more air into the intercooler, braided brake lines (which i can now state are definatly worth it!!) and some whiteline handling mods although may be forced to get some more... after all that money was set aside for the car would be a shame not to spend it on it. :thumbup:

here is the man who shouted about his car being standard all the time i new your car wasn,t standard because of the times you ran at crail well cheers to you m8 for the remap its a great road back from port seaton i can,t wait to see your pb broke :thumbup:

Yeah!! When I was your passenger at Crail for my first time you said 'Your car would be quicker'!!

Nice figures though. I dream of getting a re-map ;)

here is the man who shouted about his car being standard all the time i new your car wasn,t standard because of the times you ran at crail well cheers to you m8 for the remap its a great road back from port seaton i can,t wait to see your pb broke :thumbup:

at the time i did those early crail times nobody knew any better with that the car wasnt standard. just amazed that in all the times under the bonnet nobody noticed the vf-28 filling the hole where the td-04 should have been. not complaining mind you ;) looking forward to the next trip up.

Well thats me back in from getting the car mapped and I have the worlds biggest cheesy grin right now. ;)

The car now looks to be putting out about 310 bhp and 300 ft/lb torque now which is a nice we bit of power. Power comes in earlier and now it pulls all the way to the redline. Best surprise of the day though was the car already had an ecutek licence so I saved some money woho!!

Thanks Andy for doing the electronic magic and thanks to all the mad lot in the OSIDC who are pretty much responsible for this happening. If I hadn't met you lot who knows... maybe I'd actually have some money in my accounts instead of me modifying the car.... scratch that i'll stick with the car.

I really don't see me doing any more power upgrades any time soon as i would be delving into gearbox and internals territory however with the money saved i do feel some more whiteline goodies calling me.... :thumbup:

Now going to go rest for a bit as I may have taken a slight (ok major) detour on the way home via the A708 (think september 2006 and June 2007 runs) just for the fun of it and im now shattered. Yes it did eat what was left of the v-power but I didn't care.

Ian.

Well done Ian another happy chappy, if people dont want to read the thread then they dont have too .. they can jog on lol, i love to hear about other peoples cars keep then comming my friend....well done :o

Regards

Chris..

cheers guys.

power wise its now got a vf-28 turbo. 2.5 inch decat exhaust. sti 5 intercooler with samco hoses. uprated nkg plugs. walbro fuel pump and as much of shells finest v-power as it needs. all makes for a very happy owner.

have also got an sti8 sytle scoop to force more air into the intercooler, braided brake lines (which i can now state are definatly worth it!!) and some whiteline handling mods although may be forced to get some more... after all that money was set aside for the car would be a shame not to spend it on it. :thumbup:

Sounds very nice, no wonder you have a big grin. Similar mods I aspire to have...one day. Bonus with the licence already being there - more to spend elsewhere or something to save (like that's a difficult one to answer!).

knew you were waiting for the mapping day in earnest

I was desperate for the map date to arrive!! The 10 days between decat and map were most interesting though... got 340 miles out the tank before the warning light came on due to me driving like i was back in my old micra again. believe that means i actually managed just above the 30 mpg mark for what will be the one and only time ever in the car.

Nice one Ian....when we going to Crail for a run or 10?

Well.... its not going to take much twisting of my arm to get me up there anytime soon :thumbup:

17th August looks like a good date as I might not be in the country for the one on the 3rd.

Edited by Nanaki