Progrip Or Hypertech?

I'm not totally up on chassis tuning, but surely settings are settings... and as long as the operator has experience of setting things up and quality equipment (I believe Progrip & Hypertech use the same stuff) then it'll be hard to tell the difference, no?

Cheers,

Grant

Grant, same Manufacturer, different 'stuff' ;)

Subaru make Justy's and Impreza Sti's :thumbup:

I see your analogy and can appreciate it, but if you take it to its absolute conclusion its like saying Hypertech do a "Justy" job while Progrip do an "STi" job. I think that might be taking it a bit far. Also, I think it might also be fair to say that Hypertech do geometry more than "once in a while".

Edited by TheWelsho
I see your analogy and can appreciate it, but if you take it to its absolute conclusion its like saying Hypertech do a "Justy" job while Progrip do an "STi" job. I think that might be taking it a bit far. Also, I think it might also be fair to say that Hypertech do geometry more than "once in a while".

Nae offence meant to Hypertech John, I don't have any experience of them, I think you are taking a simple analogy to seriously, Jim asked for a recomendation, I gave him my opinion, if you are offering an opinion based on your knowledge of the subject then carry on ... I'm sure Jim will weigh up the relative merits of both.

Not mincing about, if I thought Duncan would do a better job for me I would go there. It's that simple. I believe I take my car to the most experienced man with the best equipment. Sorry if that is to harsh or real for you.

I prefered my simple analogy

---john---

Nae offence meant to Hypertech John, I don't have any experience of them, I think you are taking a simple analogy to seriously, Jim asked for a recomendation, I gave him my opinion, if you are offering an opinion based on your knowledge of the subject then carry on ... I'm sure Jim will weigh up the relative merits of both.

Not mincing about, if I thought Duncan would do a better job for me I would go there. It's that simple. I believe I take my car to the most experienced man with the best equipment. Sorry if that is to harsh or real for you.

I prefered my simple analogy

---john---

I don't have an opinion on who's best, because to be honest, I don't know enough about geometry to comment, hence the reason why I never made any recommendations in the original post. You can say what you like about suppliers and mechanics and it won't be any skin off my nose, so it's not too real or harsh. All I was questioning was the extent of the analogy which you cleared up and I also thought the "every once in a while" comment was innacurate, that's all. ;)

Hypertech did mine too and nothing wrong with the results.

They also have a good relationship with ProGrip, we wanted the mini doing (classic) at the same time and spoke to ProGrip about it - neither of them could do it! ended up going to local place where they still do imperial!

5t.

A just got the goemetry done at kenny browns as a friend recomended him as he used to set up the classics for the tarmac rallies.A think he is more expensive that hypertech and pro grip. But it would have cost me more in fuel to go thru to bonnybridge.He has the car for a day thou and he askes you what your using it for,your driving style and also if you have uneven tyre wear. I did the back were scrubbing on the shoulders and on the outside at the front.Anyway he sorted it out and well the tyres are wearing more even and also the car is a hell of more direct and turning in far qiucker into the corners. Was a top job and the service was great. ;)

A just got the goemetry done at kenny browns as a friend recomended him as he used to set up the classics for the tarmac rallies.A think he is more expensive that hypertech and pro grip. But it would have cost me more in fuel to go thru to bonnybridge.He has the car for a day thou and he askes you what your using it for,your driving style and also if you have uneven tyre wear. I did the back were scrubbing on the shoulders and on the outside at the front.Anyway he sorted it out and well the tyres are wearing more even and also the car is a hell of more direct and turning in far qiucker into the corners. Was a top job and the service was great. ;)

Seconded Kenny is 'the man' and will set your car up using string gauges, sounds archaic but is still the way most race cars are setup, it just takes time, patience and most of all experience, hence he won't be able to do it there and then in most instances. In fact I'll be over there this afternoon for 'other' stuff :thumbup:

Seconded Kenny is 'the man' and will set your car up using string gauges, sounds archaic but is still the way most race cars are setup, it just takes time, patience and most of all experience...

He doesn't have a son racing successfully in Formula Ford and is head mechanic for nothing. Only been in there once to talk to him about compression testing. Helluva nice guy and takes time to discuss things.

He doesn't have a son racing successfully in Formula Ford and is head mechanic for nothing. Only been in there once to talk to him about compression testing. Helluva nice guy and takes time to discuss things.

Jeez, we agree on something ;)

• 2 weeks later...

took the car over to progrip on wednesday and well pleased with the way its handling now.

didn't go for anything too aggressive(for now anyway).liked the way john goes about his

business,no hash bash there you go and was there almost 2 hours.total cost £55+vat.

well worth a visit if you need your geometry set up

and thanks to the other john(st) for pointing me in the right direction