Progrip Or Hypertech?

So is it the Fast Road geometry set up that's suggested as good for day-to-day use ?

Yeah. The Prodrive settings produce excessive wear on the insides of the front tyres. I have ran with both and can't say that I noticed any huge difference to grip, but defo better on tyre-wear.

Went over to Progrip on Tuesday (I think :thumbup: it's been a long sleepless week....) with a shell with engine and transmision fitted. Had to push car off the trailer and onto the ramp with the help of Kenny.S and Scooter, a friend that I work with. Spent two hours with John getting the car right, and feck me is it right :driving: What a job, car handles like a dream.

John's attitude is great, if he can help, he will.... Top Top Guy !!!!!!

Yeah. The Prodrive settings produce excessive wear on the insides of the front tyres. I have ran with both and can't say that I noticed any huge difference to grip, but defo better on tyre-wear.

which two have you tried john? fast road, fast road/track?

so if the prodrive setting have more camber then its more of a fast road/track set up then?

Yeah. There is more negative camber which sees the front wheels tilted inwards at the top. This creates a more solid base at the front when the turn-in wheel is under load hence more grip. At least, that is how I understand it. Maybe someone with some real knowledge will come along and set me straight.

Yeah. There is more negative camber which sees the front wheels tilted inwards at the top. This creates a more solid base at the front when the turn-in wheel is under load hence more grip. At least, that is how I understand it. Maybe someone with some real knowledge will come along and set me straight.

So if I get prodrive springs fitted should I go with the prodrive set up (presume this is what the Subaru garage will put on it when they fit them?) or should I get the fast road set up from elsewhere, e.g. Hypertech ? Like the sound of the tyres evenly wearing down through use, makes sense to me !

think you would need to ask for the prodrive settings from the dealers TBH

...and pay for it. Right, fast road from elsewhere and pay for it = even wear and good road holding. Got it...hopefully !

Edited by C_WRX
...and pay for it. Right, fast road from elsewhere and pay for it = even wear and good road holding. Got it...hopefully !

Yeah. As stated in another thread, the Prodrive settings are a little bit OTT for road use IMO as they induce inner tread wear. Fast road from a third party would be my choice (actaully, IS my choice). As you said, good road holding and even wear. Whatever you do, don't get the standard settings that Subaru send the cars out of the factory as they are set up to promote understeer. Duncan at Hypertech would be my recommendation.

Yeah. As stated in another thread, the Prodrive settings are a little bit OTT for road use IMO as they induce inner tread wear. Fast road from a third party would be my choice (actaully, IS my choice). As you said, good road holding and even wear. Whatever you do, don't get the standard settings that Subaru send the cars out of the factory as they are set up to promote understeer. Duncan at Hypertech would be my recommendation.

John, what are the differences in your 'ProDrive' and 'Fast Road' geometry settings, and why are the Prodrive ones OTT in YO ? What is it that is inducing the tyre wear, one over the other ?

cheers ---john---

John, what are the differences in your 'ProDrive' and 'Fast Road' geometry settings, and why are the Prodrive ones OTT in YO ? What is it that is inducing the tyre wear, one over the other ?

cheers ---john---

As Stephen said, the Prodrive settings from what I was told a while ago, have more negative camber. Since the tops of the wheels are tilted in more, then the lower inner-edge of the wheel is more in contact with the road causing that part to wear faster. When I replaced my tyres a few months back they were pretty much wedge-shaped, some tread left on the outer part of the tyre gradually going down to almost nothing on the insides! This is what I mean by OTT IMO. Tyres are an expensive consumable, so for me, it is better to use settings that are a bit more tame thus making them last longer. As far as I can see, my tyres are currently wearing more evenly across the tread. I don't have a copy of the printout though, I lost them when I moved house :D so I don't know the differences in the camber settings.

:D

John