Fao Jamis Or Wrx Haz

bang out of order.

Did you go and speak to them?

If not, you done well to restrain yourself, i probably wouldn't have been so calm in that situation!

Get onto the police again, and get it sorted properly. That's what i would do anyway.

Good luck with it

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few people have told me not to wait, but I've made the arrangement and will stick to my word on that.. and they know that the end of May is the last chance they've got before things are taken out of my control and they get a knock at the door from the Police.

I've also linked this to the Mitsubishi Lancer Register as Jamis has just bought a Yellow Evo 5 and joined up there as 'an enthusiast' too.. like I said before, I hope that others will remember this thread when dealing with these people and tread very VERY carefully themselves.

Cheers,

Grant

Grant my brother posts on the mlr as evobaz i think he posted on your thread over there. I spoke to him and made him aware of what was going on. I dont think they will get a warm welcome over there.

this is absolutly disgusting, who the hell do these people think they are, surely if they borrowed the wheels from you it should be up to them to get them back to you. and as for the lie about them splitting upthen you seeing them together is a joke. you should have marched right up to them and let them know how angry you are.

<< shaking me head in dis-belief >>

Makes me think twice about :-

a) lending stuff to members who we can supposedly trust as the SIDC community is pretty tight knit

b ) how many nuggets are actually on this site

SHAME ON YOU FOLKS - we have very long memories and the internet shall ensure you are ridiculed and exposed for what you are

I once borrowed someone PFF7;s for a week when my own were being powdered coated. When I nicked on of the alloys about 3 mm in lenght the first thing I did was fork out £250 for a brand new one...............why ? cos it was the right thing to do and there should be an element of trust in "here"

Do the decent thing, apologise, and pay up at least £250. they may have been worth £125 to you but way more to someone else

Tell you another thing - it shall make me think twice about "Paypal'ing" money to randoms on the forum. Cash in hand unless they are well known

SORT IT OUT !!!!!!!!

Grant - respect for maintaining your cool and keeping your posts abuse free

A dissappointed Cal

edited because my point "b - space -)" ends up looking like this :)

Edited by ~ ~ Cal ~~

Grant you done well to keep your cool at crail . i would off went mental and put a brick though the windscreen and told them to keep the £125..

i hate people like this,

phone the cops today as she just ripped the piss out off you saying thay have split...

thay canny be that skint iff shes just bought a evo5 :) +like what you said the money to get upto crail and the entry (its not cheep) ...

Grant your being to nice get on the blower to the cops :icon_salut:

i know how you feel grant, i am going thru the same thing

hopefully i will see the person in town, dundee is a small place

hope you get it sorted,

oh and i noticed there site is having a meet in dundee. might be worth a look?

Wow...

Pretty devastated for you grant... And I'm real surprised that your able to keep your cool about this, I'll tell you, my head would have exploded by now I'd be so angry...

I never even saw this thread till now also, until some of the guys were talking about it tonight at a meet, so rest assured that its getting coverage... I also hope that you posted this thread up on the MLR, so that they don't make the same mistake...

And you know what, Your holding off on calling them in... Dont, they have just made an Ass out of you and you REALLY dont deserve that...

Someones just taken a proverbial dump on you for doing them a favour...

Thats sucks pretty majorly...

Hope you get it sorted soonest...

Im still in shock about this as i have followed it right through. Could not believe it myself.

I tried to phone the number on pistonheads as well to see if the wheels were still for sale but never got an answer.

Personally i would not be asking for the £125 quid as the blatant spining of B$ in your direction was ridiculous. I wish that when money was tight for me that i could still have bought and evo 5. Flipping ridiculous.

I would be asking for how much Subaru would be asking for a new set of those wheel and tyres. But at the end of the day thats just me.

Im looking forward to seeing the posted pics at the end of the month when your standing there with the dslr taking pics as the police truncheon them in the ass down to he station.

Well done for keeping your cool as well as i sure as **** would not have been able to.

Yea, believe me, my first thought was to take physical action against them/their property.. but I've reacted like that in previous situations and ended up in pretty serious trouble because of it, so its taken a lot of self-control, but I've resisted the urge to pay them a visit. I could feel the rage bubbling up inside me when I stood in front of their WRX at Crail though, all I could do was wait a couple of seconds to get their attention and shake my head then walk away, otherwise it would have kicked off for sure.

What I dont find surprising (because of the type of people they are) is that these people havent come on and made a public apology for this, despite it being at the top of the forum nearly constantly since I posted it... ok, they couldnt defend their actions, but when I originally put this thread up I actually expected some sort of public response.

This has been posted on the MLR and Passionford as they are known members on these forums...... which is why the number of views has flown passed 2,500, so like a couple of people have said, its getting a lot of coverage all over the UK.

I appreciate the support from everyone though, I completely agree that 99% of members are top quality and trustworthy... just goes to show that its not just newbie members with a couple of posts that can be dodgy. These are two members who have been here for a while, post on and off and have attended numerous events organised through the club.

Cheers,

Grant

Hi mate, A have just joined and looked at your whole thread and a have to say "hats off to you on the self restraint" a think it just a shame as a thought the whole point of these forums were to help you find like minded people who you can trust and receive knowledge,info and parts in times of crisis if they so wish to give but also should be returned in the said condition they where given ie what comes around goes around.It always a few who wreck it for the many.A hope everything works out for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Look Grant I did not borrow the wheels, jim did for his scoob. It has never had anything to do with me and they have never been anywhere near my RA.

I have promised you payment at the end of the month and if need be out of my own money if i can not get it from jim, we are no longer living together, but iassure you this is not the kind of person i am, i actually fell out with jim when i found out he had put your wheels on piston heads.

As for going to crail that sunday my m8 won tickets from radio tay, the only reason i went and we are far from happy! As for standing over my car and having thoughts of vandalism, I find that very harsh when the wheels were nothing to do with me, jim asked for them and jim used them.

Sorry if I have caused you upset in all this and I can assure you, you will get your money at the end of the month.

Thanks

Haz

I appreciate the post.. and all credit for eventually coming on to post a response even after what has been said Haz. However, got to clear a couple of things up.

Firstly, when I lent the wheels out.. I was told that it was for your car while yours were going to get re-done from Gold to White, as it'd have gone a wee bit better with the Cusco Graphics. Makes no odds whos car they were for really as I'd have lent them out for either the Green Scoob or your Scoob at the time, just remember the conversation and thinking that white would look much better than the gold, thats all.

Secondly, the thought of vandalism never crossed my mind when I saw you both in your WRX at Crail. I cannot stand people that take their anger out on other peoples property in an attempt to get back at them, absolutely no need for that at all... what I did feel at Crail was extreme anger at you both personally, which is why I couldnt even come over. All that would have happened would have been a load of abuse flung back and forward, and in my experience, the potential for things to escalate is very high in those type of situations. So, thats why I just walked away and allowed myself to calm down.

Anyway, like I said, all credit for coming on to put your point across and I'll see you at the end of the month to get the £125 and put this thing to bed, for good.

Cheers,

Grant

• 8 months later...

BUMP for this thread.... appears that Jamis (Jim) is attempting to buy another Subaru, so thought I'd give you all (specially newer members) warning about this guy and urge you to be very careful if you are selling an Impreza. The guy is NOT to be trusted.

Here is the link to the thread he re-surfaced in: http://www.passionford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283275

EDIT, re-reading the final posts appears I never updated things. I never got a penny from Jim or Hazel. Grrrrreat members to have on board.

Cheers,

Grant

Edited by RS Grant