Spec C Mod Time(mapped And Dangerous)

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It stops the oil slooshing about as much in the sump. So that when you're giving it full attack the oil doesn't all disappear to one corner of the engine and then the pump can't sook it up and get it where it's needed most.

Plus it looks good on the spec list down the line ;)

It stops the oil slooshing about as much in the sump. So that when you're giving it full attack the oil doesn't all disappear to one corner of the engine and then the pump can't sook it up and get it where it's needed most.

Plus it looks good on the spec list down the line ;)

Ah yes, the Hawkeyes changed the shape of the sump to a narrower deeper design to prevent that very thing, kinda like a pyramid shape with a flattened top. ;)

Ah yes, the Hawkeyes changed the shape of the sump to a narrower deeper design to prevent that very thing, kinda like a pyramid shape with a flattened top. ;)

even with a change in shape in the design but there is still seroius issue with the standard set up..

Yup, he's defo got a oil pressure gauge, oil temp gauge, water temp gauge, fuel pressure gauge and a whole load of other bits lol!

Whats the potential problems with the windage trays Colin?

Not done as much with the car over the last few nights, but am sure Jimser will post up pics once we've added a few more bits! ;)

There's a huge thread on SNET about these plates.

Massive drops in oil pressure have been observed and even cases of the one way flaps being sucked thru to the wrong side which means it keeps oil away from the pickup not around it.

Have a look and have a think.

cheers for the heads up colin but i didnt go into this with my eyes closed.

the car you refer to is duncans(dynamix)which turned out to have a cracked oil

pick up pipe!i have spoke to alan jeffrey and allayed my fears of oil pressure

drop and have been assured that there are several cars running these plates with

no issues.i will run with the plate and monitor oil pressure to see how it goes,if there

is any issues then i shall remove it and look at other options.

for the record i'll be monitering:

oil pressure,oil temp,water temp,fuel pressure,boost pressure,wideband afr,inlet temp,

injector duty,exhaust gas temp and more,no point in pushing an engine to the max and then disregarding whats going on(even on a little 2.0l)

jim

drop and have been assured that there are several cars running these plates with

no issues.i will run with the plate and monitor oil pressure to see how it goes,if there

oil pressure,oil temp,water temp,fuel pressure,boost pressure,wideband afr,inlet temp,

injector duty,exhaust gas temp and more,no point in pushing an engine to the max and then disregarding whats going on(even on a little 2.0l)

jim

No probs mate, should have known better.

Just wanted to make sure you had the oil pressure gauge. The other 27 of them will come in usefull too ;)

Hope you boys know what you're doing! ;) Looking at pics of engines being taken out scares the sh!t out of me. :P

taking it out IS the easy bit ;)

im sure we'll get there in the end though

good experience if nothing else

Looking good

Gary popped up to see Jim tonight and he made pretty good progress by himself! :P

Looking forward to joining this whole subaru thing in the near future! Just not as mental as Jimser

Will be impressive when its done.

cheers craig and im sure you'll be happy with your jdm sti when it arrives B)

jim

You're taking this too far! ;)

maybe you should take a leaf out of my book john!

Listen, I have taken too many leafs out of yours and that Peter's book as it is! I don't need any more leafs thanks!

I was happy with my 230 bhp and my Prodrive back box till you and that other swine got a hold of me, now look at me! I'm ruined, ruined I tell you!

What's happening with my gear box? <--------- SEE!

Listen, I have taken too many leafs out of yours and that Peter's book as it is! I don't need any more leafs thanks!

I was happy with my 230 bhp and my Prodrive back box till you and that other swine got a hold of me, now look at me! I'm ruined, ruined I tell you!

What's happening with my gear box? <--------- SEE!

i know john its never ending,make me an offer and if its enough for me to

buy a dogbox i might take it

i know john its never ending,make me an offer and if its enough for me to

buy a dogbox i might take it

Ach, nae cash left... If ever you are upgrading though, gimme first shout on it will ya? Who knows, maybe by that time I will be better finacially placed to take it off your hands. My other alternative would be to buy PPG's 1 - 4 gears and get them fitted but that's about 3 grands worth. Depressing ;);)

Ach, nae cash left... If ever you are upgrading though, gimme first shout on it will ya? Who knows, maybe by that time I will be better finacially placed to take it off your hands. My other alternative would be to buy PPG's 1 - 4 gears and get them fitted but that's about 3 grands worth. Depressing :banana2::thumbup:

Always lok up John....it could be worse..

look at me!!

Ach, nae cash left... If ever you are upgrading though, gimme first shout on it will ya? Who knows, maybe by that time I will be better finacially placed to take it off your hands. My other alternative would be to buy PPG's 1 - 4 gears and get them fitted but that's about 3 grands worth. Depressing :banana2::thumbup:

if i decide to change it i'll let you know mate